37 coaches online • Server time: 01:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Blackbox Teamsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup IV
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Arlecchino

Post 3 Posted: Jul 29, 2004 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I see that some division are really low played, with few games played.
Why don't remove them? I say that because often is hard find a game and i see many bblfg with different division team.
It's an idea to make easy finding a game.

Another question, why don't remove the lfg command from blowbot? So all coach have to use gamefinder that is very nice and usefull.

Ok i'm sure that most coach don't are agree with me but i only want to say my opinion.

See u on the green,
Arlecchino.
Ironik

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2004 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Arlecchino in english is: "too many division" Wink
keep the lfg please!
Britnoth

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2004 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe you should bother to play in another division first before telling people to quit theirs.
peikko

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2004 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Bah, everybody is driving around in Toyotas, why do they even make Ferraris and Porches, rarely anybody has one!
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2004 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Arlecchino wrote:
I see that some division are really low played, with few games played.
Why don't remove them? I say that because often is hard find a game and i see many bblfg with different division team.
It's an idea to make easy finding a game.

riiiiiiiight.. i don't get a match in my favourite divison so close down all the others so they can't play in their favourite system and have to play where everyone else does... Sad

good call, let's close down ranked and force move all teams to divx.... Confused

P.S: if anyone thinks i sound rude, flame in private...

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2004 - 16:40
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I thought this would be a thread about global harmony. Ah well.

I dissagree. I tend to only play R as its the easiest to find games in, but would never dream of telling others to play the game 'the way i do'.

Personal choice is, in general, a good thing. Even if people are rarely informed enough to use that freedom well.
Glomp

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2004 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

As much as I detest Divx and (U) i'm happy for people to play them. It takes different strokes for different folks as they say and not everyone wants to play in the cut throat (R) league.

The idea of using the game finders a good one anything to get rid of that ugly spam, but I certainly think that the lfg command is a usefull tool.

'If it ain't broke dont fix it'

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2004 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I really dont like Gamefinder.. message deleted after 30 min. or if you start a game.. then you can go on putting teamm names in there.. second of all if youre in the chat and talking about God knows what and a suitable game pops up for you because of someone is "lfg", i cant see why that should be changed.. Smile

About all the divisions... heh.. i dont care.. wanna have better odds finding games..? make teams in every div.. just an idea Smile
Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2004 - 17:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I've only been playing for a couple of weeks now, so I have no opinion on the divisions, though I wish you could switch from division to division similar to Factions....

I have been getting frustrated that no one ever seems to be willing to play. I have no established reputation as a basher, I have no skills on my teams to help destroy people, No DP, MB, POn, etc. No RSC, or anything else but still I cannot get a game, is it simply bad luck, or does everyone take this game too seriously?

If that's the case, lift the team Strength restriction, maybe a 250+ Woodelf team would play a starting orc squad. Surprised) At least I could get a game when I get the chance to play.

BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2004 - 18:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Da_Todfatha wrote:
...If that's the case, lift the team Strength restriction, maybe a 250+ Woodelf team would play a starting orc squad. Surprised) At least I could get a game when I get the chance to play.

First of all, welcome aboard. Now the good stuff...

If you don't want to play with the ST restriction, try another division. Yeah, I'm saying it and it's even on topic this time. The DivX changes (ie: no aging, freebooted apoth) may not be your cup of tea, but there's always ladder, factions and unranked. I think you might find that people are more willing to play against your orc/dwarf/khemri/whatever team if you're not limiting yourself to just one division designed specifically to reward people who consistently pick matches that they can win and walk away from intact.

People claim that it's impossible to get a game in divU, so they won't look for or take games in that division. Anyone else here see the spiral? Am I just imagining this relatively simple correlation?

Finally, if you don't like the extra unranked races, then don't play against them. SImple, eh? If you care so bloody much whether someone got their SPPs by playing against fairies, then look at their match records and don't play teams that have played against fairies. It's not quite as simple (you actually have to click on links and read! Oh, dear God! Have mercy!) but you're the one being picky so you have to do a little leg-work if you care. Seems fair to me.

Moral of the story, try to get teams in any divisions you aren't specifically opposed to. If you are a purist, try to make teams in factions, ladder, open and possibly unranked (if you're willing to tell those stunty and pact teams to bugger off). That way, you can actually offer more variety to the LFG crowd and play more games, which is really the idea.

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2004 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Ironik wrote:
Arlecchino in english is: "too many division" Wink
keep the lfg please!

Actually, "Too many divisions" would be more gramatically correctness Wink
Renegade

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2004 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

He's got a point, the more divisions you add the harder it is to find a game. Its about right now though so good effort all round!

Oh and if you beat me i wont like you Razz
Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2004 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks BMM,

I will try some other divisions. I simply want to play and have never turned down a game even when out-strengthed by close to the limit, I'll take the SPP's and try to make a game of it. I have however been turned down on many an occasion. I have taken to asking why so I might better understand the mindset here, but usually i get no reply to my inquiry.

I have started a Faction team, though it is still hard to find games sometimes. Let's face it, factions are micro-divisions with a small motivator for people to actually play. I will also create Unranked and Division X teams. As a newbie, I created ranked teams because I heard as you state that it's hard to get games elsewhere...since I have already found that it's hard to find (R) games too, I won't limit the divisions I play in.

Would it put people at a severe disadvantage to let teams play other teams outside of their division? I mean, generally the division rules are ones that affect teams outside of the match, Apoth, winnings, aging, etc. If I'm willing to play Coach A from Division A, with my Division B team, what would be the harm? Not sure.
LordRummickIV

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2004 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I think is better everybody can play the division everyone likes more. You only have to play the games you want. Let the others do the same. And if you accept an advice, try a little of every divison. A new point of view will be opened for you.

And if you don't like the "lfg" stuff, don't use it. Use the gamefinder option.
Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2004 - 20:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Join a league or tournament and you always find games and they will mostly be balanced too. I play leagues exclusively, I wouldn't dream of creating a chaos team in ranked.