75 coaches online • Server time: 22:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blackbox Teamsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup IVgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is sprinting and injuries ok as they are now?
Yes, keep it like it is.
75%
 75%  [ 73 ]
No, treat injuries as stunned.
18%
 18%  [ 18 ]
No, players should only be knocked over.
6%
 6%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 97

Vesto

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2004 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest said it, why GFI if you don't have a really good reason to do so.

It is annoying, if your players get hurt or injured whatever the reason is.
If you fall ground, you can hurt yourself. I think that's also game balance issue.

"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life.
Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out
death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."
Darkwolf

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2004 - 23:50 Reply with quote Back to top

lardass!! bwahahahahahaha!!
Really people, everyone one has played rpg's here at some time. When dice and fantasy are involved, anything can happen. Like a gobbo hitting a 12th level fighter on 3 20's in a row killing him. OR the shit that would happen on the critical hit table in Role Master.

As a side note, in my old table top league and in this game, I never thought of RIP as really dead. But rather some serious injury that the player is NEVER is going to recover from and play Blood bowl again. Take the silly dieing part out of the game and add a more sports feel to the game.

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2004 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Darkwolf, how about Cyberpunk?

"You hit yourself in the head with the assault rifle. 5d6x2 damage. You blow your head off, spraying your brains on your teammates".
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2004 - 02:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Darkwolf wrote:
...As a side note, in my old table top league and in this game, I never thought of RIP as really dead. But rather some serious injury that the player is NEVER is going to recover from and play Blood bowl again.

Since I'm on a wikipedia roll tonight... I present to you:
Abstraction!

(this is my cunning way of stating I agree with Darkwolf here, in case you missed it)

Post 16 Posted: Jul 30, 2004 - 03:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Gus is being trollish, btw...

there is a huge difference between what is "realistic" in an absolute sense, and what is internally "realistic" to the game.

I think he or she knows this, which is what makes it irritating! "Realistic" we have of course done away with; the orcs, as mentioned. But internal consistency IS something debatable and worth looking at - even if the game was balanced to make it ok, the game would not be internally consistent/realistic if every block made resulted in a fireball going off and every knockdown a CAS.

Or if Care Bears dropped from the sky and rampaged among the players, randomly increasing their AV, and both coaches had to stop the game and scatter their players on and off the board.

These would be crap rules, because they don't fit.

the question of this thread is "is Trip and RIP a crap rule?" not a bad question at all.

For what it's worth, i voted "keep it" despite my many tragedies, because of these three arguments:

1. RIP can just mean a career-ending injury, as pointed out

2. If you really are putting the hurt on yourself to go for it, bad sh** can happen (the 1,500lb Mino example - spot on)

3. to keep the game balanced

and Gus: arguments 1&2 rely on a sense of what is appropriately "realistic" within the game. The only rule you, Gus, should comment on from now is:
does having me here helping you actually make you less really stupid!?

troll. Mad
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2004 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I play sport and, when I run, even as fast as I can, I don't fall unless someone helps me to (a foul or a push).

Olympic runners do not fall either, even if their the fastest guys on world. But I still like the way BB players falls during a run and even dies sometimes.

That game is a game and it's a funny game.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2004 - 16:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Watch some good, old-fashioned, red-necked, beer-swilling, loud-mouthed, Hank-Williams-Jr-singing American football some time. You see people slip, stumble, etc. all the time. It happens a lot. Sometimes people can blow out knees/ankles/etc...

Now imagine they didn't have this whole pesky "downs" idea working for them. And they didn't have people to come out and clean up the field when the fans throw trash out there. Remember that there are those half-ton Minos out there leaving hoofprints as big as a dinner place and little trenches dug into the grounds by the deathrollers. Also try to imagine that there's a number of prone bodies, either silent or moaning quietly. Think it might be a little easier to trip now?

It's really all about game balance, however. If you fail a roll, you suffer a penalty. It is simple and affects everyone, so why change it?

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2004 - 16:17 Reply with quote Back to top

If you think about it also medicine isn't exactly the strongest thing in the warhammer world. If a guy fell over sprinting who's to say he doesn't break an arm or have alittle internal bleeding which leads to an infection and then to death. Lol you just gotta have alittle imagination and try not to gfi since at least half the gfi rolls seem to fail anyway.....Might be 60 percent with elves Smile
Tank

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2004 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

FROM THE HOLY BOOK OF NUFFLE

Thou shall not go for it, for it shall lead to rack and ruin!

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2004 - 00:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I love people dying on gfi's, makes a rather amusing and ignominious end to a career.

RIP Bob - was just going too damned fast.

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2004 - 00:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Cicero wrote:
Am i the only one that think injury rolls should be removed from gfi?
I understand that people should fall over when they try to sprint, but would it be totally out of line to treat all BH, SI and D as stunned?

I dont think ive ever heard of someone dying from running a bit faster in a regular football match. Nonetheless it happened to me a coupple of times. Often with the player having half the field by himself. No opposing players in sight and yet he trips and dies.

I dont mind players dying in the game. Thats all fine and nice. But it should be from the beating they take. Not the fall they do...

Am i totally wrong?

I fart in your general direction.

It's about risk/reward. Game balance. The GFI rule is pretty balanced as is. IMO. NSH. ;]
 Jump to: