60 coaches online • Server time: 22:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MarckusOfCamlan

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2021 - 01:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I just made a double on my pink Horror and I was wondering wether I should go for the classic Dodge, or try to increase the likeliness of successfully throwing my blue horrors. Then I realize I have no idea wether Accurate, Hail Mary Pass, Nerves of Steel or, obvioulsy pass work on throwing team mates. I have no idea if throwing team mate is considered "a pass".

I believe no, but I'm not sure. Does any of you know?
neuro_

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2021 - 01:41 Reply with quote Back to top

i'm not totally sure, but i think so- treemen have Strong Arm and i know that helps. I'd take pass if you throw them really often, or accurate if not. Hail Mary Pass can't be used with TTM
MarckusOfCamlan

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2021 - 01:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Strong harm helps a lot (the roll becomes 2+), but there is no need to roll a double to take it.

I do throw team mates quite often. I even believe it's a viable strategy with tzentch daemons Wink Anyway, it's a fun one.
Jayward

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2021 - 11:30 Reply with quote Back to top

This was clarified in the latest FAQ:

"Q: Can any of the Passing skills that are used when performing
a Pass action also be used when performing a Throw Teammate action? (p.79)
A: No."
Chivite

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2021 - 12:01 Reply with quote Back to top

no nerves of steel trees will make skyblue monty sad
Stimme

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2021 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

CRP rules: passing skills will work (not HMP, as only quick or short pass may be attempted).

BB2020 rules: no passing skills may be used anymore with TTM. Strong Arm is a strength skill and is available only for TTM, not regular pass.
MarckusOfCamlan

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2021 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Stimme wrote:
CRP rules: passing skills will work (not HMP, as only quick or short pass may be attempted).

BB2020 rules: no passing skills may be used anymore with TTM. Strong Arm is a strength skill and is available only for TTM, not regular pass.

So pass would have worked as long as BB2020 rules are not implemented yet?

Too bad, I already took a very classic Dodge.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2021 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

You can kindly ask an admin to change the skill you chose.
Send them a ticket:

https://fumbbl.com/p/support

or contact them on Discord.
C3I2

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2021 - 20:10 Reply with quote Back to top

So no strong-arm + accurate throwers with the new ruleset? They make it really hard to create a passing game at all - and that despite the current ruleset made most play running drives rather then passing drives already.
Stimme

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2021 - 20:25 Reply with quote Back to top

C3I2 wrote:
So no strong-arm + accurate throwers with the new ruleset? They make it really hard to create a passing game at all - and that despite the current ruleset made most play running drives rather then passing drives already.

A lot of throwers became much better (e.g. Human and Skaven throwers pass on a 2+ now). That being said, passing became more dicey and the worst case scenarios are horrifying now.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2021 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, I suspect there will be 2 kinds of Throwers:

- Short range Throwers (Quick-Short Ranges) with PA 3+ or 4+, taking Accurate (+1 to Quick and Short);

- Long range Throwers (Long-Long Bomb Ranges) with PA 2+ or 1+, taking Cannoneer (+1 to Long and Long Bomb).

Considering the season rule and Wildly Inaccurate, though, I don't think many people will bother developing a Thrower.
Probably they will be used as Leader caddies and to have a decent emergency pass option.
MarckusOfCamlan

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2021 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
You can kindly ask an admin to change the skill you chose.
Send them a ticket:

https://fumbbl.com/p/support

or contact them on Discord.

I already played a game with the player and don't know when the new ruleset will be implemented. I4m not sure it's worth it.
 Jump to: