40 coaches online • Server time: 12:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Speccing and Playing...goto Post Southern Wastes Leag...goto Post Theory-craft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
razmus

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2021 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Da Mighty Slann Necromancer Sloss-tti still way to busy to concern Himself wif mere mortal games right now. Tic, number one toady, fill'n in for now and am here to tell ya Secret League Americas is now recruiting for its 15th season using the Secret League teams envisioned by Garion and company.

(Tic patch together information for you for next season! This is the legacy league, with Secret League 2016 rosters and Blood Bowl 2016 rules! Got a team in the league already? Bring'em out. If we don't reach 'critical mass', the season won't start.)

The league features hidden treasures to be uncovered in the course of play and/or discord riddles. (Mostly da treasures am found, but just get stolen by teams as the season advances.) We wanna help stunty teams (right stuff preventing tackle and sneaky git = guard on fouls), 'cause us little guys gotta stick together. We am just about having some fun with some crazy teams so we do limit the league to only one roster of any particular race. With over 100 rosters to choose from, this shouldn't be an issue to find something to play.

The finals this season featured have MrNomad's Northern Nippon squad, SL Shogun (a team which has been in the SLA playoffs many times,) matched against Thresh's Bretonnian, Knights of the Dotted Cube who were a rookie team at the start of the season. In what I've been lead to believe was a very hard fought match, which saw the appearance of none other than Morg'n'Thorg in the flesh, and the Jord'n Ramseys III on the sidelines cooking up a storm, not to mention a fine representative from the Mage Guild, the Knights of the Dotted Cube took home the Crown!

If you yearn for playing some hot sticky blood bowl in the middle of the Amazonian jungle whilst searching for treasure and glory then this league might be the salve for what ails you!

How to apply:

Established SLA coaches from last season: please confirm by posting in this thread if you are in for Season 15, which team you are going to be playing, and which coast you prefer (in case we do a split).

For new coaches that want to join SLA: please post here, stating which team you intend to play. Note that only 1 team of each race is allowed in SLA at any one time (I will list the currently-taken teams in the second post of this thread). You will be starting off in a Lower Tier division, so you won't have to face the higher-TV abominations right away. (You can find more information on the SLA group page, by clicking on the banner at the top of this post).

Season 15 as soon as we have a good number of teams ready and willing to play. Shall we put a pin in the day after Christmas (26 December) to start?

As Sloss-ti always says: "Join the god🦆 league, or the pygmy gets it! Ribbit!" ;-P Tic say, "I think someone has taken my cheez. Haz you seen me cheez?"

Last edited by razmus on Nov 23, 2021 - 14:50; edited 1 time in total
razmus

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2021 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Teams lined up so far for Season 15
Format is Teamname (Roster) - Coach - Current Team Weight - East or West Timezone (or either)

Returning
[SL] Kharry On (Khorne) - EnglishJake - 2410k
⚰️Dead Men Walking⚰️ (Zandri) - razmus - 2130k - East (bring out yer dead)
Les Demons des Caribes (Hung) - GotrekSlayer - 1680k
Ellyrion Wild Hunt (Kurnous) - PraiseTheOmnissiah - 1650k
[SL] Dripping Fang Clan (Forest Goblin) - Sigmar1 - 1620k

New Teams

Out
Of Coral and Shells (Sea Elf) - Xelron - 1970k
Knights of the Dotted Cube (Bretonnian) - Thresh - 1640k
Kindred Union (Sylvania Pact) - captainmalkor - 1450k
Embers of Aqshy (Elemental - Fire) - Nelphine - 1430k
Fauna Americana (Were) - SavageJ - 1410k
[SL] Da Spiked Club (Kurgan) - razmus - 1400k

Reserved/undeclared
SL Shogun (Northern Nippon) - MrNomad - 2720k
[SL] Shadow Horde (Clan Eshin) - Kzarik - 1710k
Mo's Missiles (Kislev) - motay666 - 1840k
Hangman's Anger (Pirates of Sartosa) - Ardonite - 1480k
[SL] Redcoat Capers (Troll) - TheBarmyBrit - 1340k
Monks of Gangren Abbey (Clan Pestilens) - King_Mad - 1520k
Secret Shananigans (Halfling) - burnsy87 - 1410k
[SL] Barn Cat Sisters (Sisters of Sigmar) - Phontome - 1460k
Octopath Travelers (Albion) - Uber - 1300k
[SL] Legion (Fimir) - Rainsford - 1000
I Heard Black (Daemons of Slaanesh) - KidCrestHill - 1150

Last edited by razmus on Dec 14, 2021 - 22:36; edited 5 times in total
PraiseTheOmnissiah

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2021 - 18:31 Reply with quote Back to top

returning please
Thresh

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2021 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

im out
razmus

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2021 - 21:33 Reply with quote Back to top

GotrekSlayer said in PMs that he was in. Assuming existing team.
EnglishJake

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2021 - 23:44 Reply with quote Back to top

My Khorne shall Karry On
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2021 - 01:14 Reply with quote Back to top

My FGobs will return.

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2021 - 00:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I will retire Fauna Americana. Thanks for the run, all!
razmus

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2021 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Still a little over three weeks before the tentative start date (26 Dec), but hoping to be able to sort out which teams are returning and which are going before that.

razmus

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2021 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Just shy of two weeks to go. If we can't get at least eight teams to make up a single division, we'll allow the league to go quiet.
razmus

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2021 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Five teams. Secret League America 2016 will quietly close down. The lost treasures will be lost once again, and hopefully be found by the teams in the Secret League America 2020.

Teams who wish to continue their careers on the pitch may make their way to the Secret Isle of Misfit Teams

koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2021 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

[SL16] Teams can sign up here for the Holiday Sprint.

Drop into [SL] Discord for a chat and to arrange games.

Look out for The Championship. 18th January

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2022 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to join or reserve for the secret league Americas under 2020 rules. I am leaning to applying with a witch elf team, but if that roster is disallowed I can find another.

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2022 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Witch Elf isn't currently reserved under the SLA 2020 -- if you wouldn't mind, go ahead and join the group with the team, so I know your intention. (https://fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=14863&p=teams)

There's just the playoff finals yet to play... and there's a part of me which is praying that the seasons will be released to the site so we don't have to go thru the process manually.

Jump to: