43 coaches online • Server time: 11:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
m0nty

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2004 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's your chance to directly influence the rules in the Playtesters Vault. There is a poll here on the Wild Animal skill:

Vault Wild Animal Poll

It doesn't have buttons like our polls - you have to log in and make a post stating your first, second and third preference out of the 7 listed - and no discussion of the merits of the options (you can do that in this thread if you want). This poll will run until August 15. Get your vote in early!
GalakStarscraper

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2004 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Damn ... m0nty beat me over here as I was making the rounds though the community.

Thanks m0nty.

Please guys take the time to vote.

And if you belong to any non-English forums ... could you urge them to assist as well. We really need the vote ... NOT OPINIONS ... just votes.

Thanks

Galak
Cederlund

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2004 - 02:42 Reply with quote Back to top

yes, because votes solve things, and opinions dont

its a good thing that people like galak are what makes the new rules, kinda explains why bb is going downhill Smile
m0nty

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2004 - 04:21 Reply with quote Back to top

To be fair, there is also an opinions thread on the official Vault forums. Galak just wants the vote thread separate from the opinion thread.
Wombats

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2004 - 04:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Hate to say it but I like the original Wild Animal rules more than any of these.

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2004 - 05:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Cederlund wrote:
yes, because votes solve things, and opinions dont

its a good thing that people like galak are what makes the new rules, kinda explains why bb is going downhill Smile

Its very difficult to collect votes from a non-poll forum if each post is filled with discussion.

As m0nty said ... there is a seperate forum for the discussion.

So nice to be given the benefit of the doubt there. Also if BB is going downhill ... why does my league and FUMBBL keep having more and more games played and member join?

There were a lot of folks that thought that 3rd edition was a horrible idea when they played 2nd edition. Most of them changed their minds over time. And the community didn't get a say in what was in 3rd edition like they'll be able to for the new edition coming out in 2007.

Galak
Cederlund

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2004 - 12:07 Reply with quote Back to top

point is, voting will never work
since all the options arent there

and who is to decide whats a valid option?
while you and me might not think that wild animal should be a extra free blitz per turn, nomather the roll
some might think thats great

and who are we to say we know better?

until i see like 7 million options on a poll
or simple yes no polls, i dont think anyone should take part in them

and yes there are exceptions, where there are only three possible options or similar Razz
m0nty

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2004 - 12:42 Reply with quote Back to top

UPDATE: It appears that the Vault forums have lost the last 7 days of posts, including all of the WA voting stuff, thus the links won't work. Further news when it comes to hand.
 Jump to: