47 coaches online • Server time: 18:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret Stunty Cup IV
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ChristianKnudsen

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2004 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Played my first game with the new, smaller team, and Nuffle smiled upon me, granting me a 4-1 win. Hopefully this strategy will continue to pay off.

Much to my delight, rebuilding the team is for the moment adding greatly to the Role-Play (Fluff?) aspect of the game. can my once mighty side rebound from tough times, etc? Man, am I ever a dork Very Happy

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2004 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

It's dorks like us who make this game that much more fun! After all, it took a dork to create the game in the first place, to translate it into a computer format, to set up this site so we could all play it...

But yes, the "fluff" aspect is terrific fun if you can get a team to last long enough to develop. Check out my team's history--even in their weakend condition, they are my pride and joy:

Scions of Shannara

Edit: Hmm, that's odd, doing the hyperlink this way worked on my team bio page...

Edit #2: AHA! Figured it out...
Mully

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2004 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

i find my self running into another kind of "wall" it happens when one of my R team get to about 230-260 when i get there i just cant get my ts anywhere near the rating.

Quote:

It´s simple:
You have niggles on your best players.

Not true. Since your TR goes up whenever to get SPPs and your TS goes up whenever you get new skills, at the 250+ TR range your players will be at a point where they are getting more SPPs without acquiring new skills. Thus TR keeps going up and TS stays flat.

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2004 - 01:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Its been said somewhat indirectly, but a major way to keep your TS up with your TR is to aggressively balance SPPs across your team. Everyone with AG3+ should get theirfirst skill ASAP with TD/MVP/Cmp. The second skill shouldn't be far behind. For me personally, I don't worry about it much after the 2nd skill. Whoever is close to the third I will try to get it for, but thereafter try purposely to NOT give them SPPs until others catch up. The best way to enforce this is to simply not field the guy who has all the SPPs. When the tempatation to use him isn't available, its much easier to spread the love.

This can be hard to enforce for some teams since some positions seem to carry them. Most Skaven teams for instance really stack the points on the GRs, but i think this is a mistake. Have some discipline and work up ALL your rats and your team will be stronger. I can see making an exception for the first +MA GR to work on an OTS, but other than that keep it equal. Even then, if you use that GR to OTS all the time, hes quickly going to be staring down the barrel at retirement if he advances too much, and will ahve sucked up many SPPs in the meantime that you could have spread out. Just use him for clutch wins if you care about your win record. If you don't care about your win record, I suggest not making an OTS at all unless it falls in your lap (two +MA in a row).

The exception of course are positions like Black Orcs who aren't realistically going to score much even if you try and doing so would be counterproductive. I recommend filling up these positions ASAP so they can get their shots at MVPs and casualties. Their advancement is solely at the whim of the dice, so get them more dice rolls. I'm also more protective of players like this once they do get their two advancements because its harder to get one back to that point. I may Apo an injured BO where I wouldn't a Blitzer (who would likely get retired and start over).

Just some thoughts on team advancemetn strategy that most of you probably know. Do with it as you wish.
Mezir

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2004 - 01:56 Reply with quote Back to top

AFK wrote:
The best way to enforce this is to simply not field the guy who has all the SPPs.

Right... Don't field your best player... That makes sense. Just not scoring with him unless you have no other choice is probably a better solution.

Quote:
The exception of course are positions like Black Orcs who aren't realistically going to score much even if you try and doing so would be counterproductive.

I score with my Black Orcs all the time. Just started a new Orc team, got two touch-downs on the same Black Orc in the first match. It really isn't very hard.