44 coaches online • Server time: 12:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Speccing and Playing...goto Post Southern Wastes Leag...goto Post Theory-craft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Stimme

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2022 - 21:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Thrudball, the family-friendly NAF charity tournament featuring Thrud and his star friends, returns again to Fumbbl. Starting on Monday 24th, this weekly tournament will be run in two groups to choose from: one targeting coaches preferring to play at more Europe-centered times [EU], another one aiming at the North-American time zones [NA]. Both will feature 6 rounds.

You can find all the information about team building, deadlines and rules here:
https://fumbbl.com/p/group&group=9298&op=view

Deadline for registration is January 21st.

A NAF membership is not required to participate, but strongly encouraged.
fxiii

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2022 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

great !

can you confirm Necro tier 4 and Lizards tier 5 ??
Burtblahblahblah

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2022 - 21:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for organising! Again, to confirm, are the only stars available the half dozen on the list?
Stimme

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2022 - 21:48 Reply with quote Back to top

fxiii wrote:
great !

can you confirm Necro tier 4 and Lizards tier 5 ??

I am quoting what a wise man once said on the Fumbbl #naf Discord channel a few minutes ago:

They are. We must assume that it is based on the 16 previous iterations. But then again, it is called Thrudball, not Sanityball. So who knows.

Burtblahblahblah wrote:
Thanks for organising! Again, to confirm, are the only stars available the half dozen on the list?

Correct.
DonShula

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2022 - 22:26 Reply with quote Back to top

One of the funniest tournament I ever played, 10 years ago. Sumo fighting was a great move. Guess we won't have that same stuff here, but you'll never know... And the charity thing is still a pretty nice thning Smile
grant85

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2022 - 22:34 Reply with quote Back to top

awesome! looking forward to it
Garion26

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2022 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

New to the idea of online tournaments. Limited time Dad here wondering if I can make this work. I'm playing more then one FUMBBL game per week on average so I can spend the time in front of the computer but aligning schedules can be tough I realize. I have played BB 2 scheduled leagues in the past.

I know there is a plan for an NA group but does the NA group eventually cross over to play European coaches?
BeanBelly

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2022 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I expect they will be run totally separately @Garion26 I'm looking forward to this one, will defo put a team in.

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2022 - 18:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion26 wrote:
I know there is a plan for an NA group but does the NA group eventually cross over to play European coaches?

Two completely separated groups, united only in their love for Blood Bowl and the disgust for taxation without representation.
wintergreen13

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2022 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I asked on Discord, too, but figured it might be good to have it in the forum thread: is it possible to have one team in the NA group and a second in the EU group? I'm confident I'd be able to schedule both, just wanted to make sure that it was acceptable.
Stimme

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2022 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, no problem. As long as you can conform to both European and North American time zones - which could mean something like 18:00 to 4:00 server time during week days.
Stimme

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2022 - 00:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Update: Lizardmen have been relocated to tier 3.
Stimme

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2022 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Remember that the deadline is tomorrow. The team building rules are rather complex, and a lot of coaches are submitting faulty rosters, so we need the time to get those fixed before kick-off.

Also, there are very few NA coaches that have signed up. Would be good to have at least half a dozen more entering.
Tulkas_jrrt

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2022 - 15:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Team submited, with a lot of care about the ruleset and hope it is good in the first try. I also put a reminder in french community about the dead line.

Cya on the pitch ! Long live Thrudball !

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2022 - 15:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Quick question, can anyone win a Thor83 painted team ? Very Happy