40 coaches online • Server time: 00:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2022 - 11:10 Reply with quote Back to top

The release has been deployed.

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2022 - 19:43 Reply with quote Back to top

The bug is still there. But I found an easy solution: If you first place your 11 players on a random position on the pitch, and only then start moving them to the desired location, the bug does not occur.
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2022 - 08:43 Reply with quote Back to top

As I posted it would be great if people could supply the client logs from the java console. That would at least give me a chance to figure out what goes wrong.

If people are okay using the workaround that is of course also fine with me Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2022 - 08:17 Reply with quote Back to top

So far I did not receive any feedback. Without the logs I can't investigate this further.

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2022 - 17:40
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Candlejack, you are correct that this is an old issue, something we've struggled with in the past. When it happens the local client is out of sync with the server client, so there's a mismatch as to where the players are. This usually happens in situations where the player is lagging and is dragging around multiple players on the pitch. I suspect it's usually when several drags of various players arrive server side close enough together for there to be some mishandling of the player locations.

Our workaround from the player side is to use saved setups often, drag players methodically and slowly, and if any question at all - then save the setup and load the setup. This forces the local client and server to be back in sync, and it's critical to resolve issues where a player disappears during setup.

Related to this are issues where similar problems can happen during quick-snap or perfect defense. You can similarly drag players onto each other and vanish them, but in those cases we don't have the save/load setup option to fix it so it kills the game.

I'd be happy to go digging in and try to force such a problem again, it's probable that it's more difficult to do now that you've made improvements to the client.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2022 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

If it happens to me again I'll send you the info. It happened literally every drive 2 games ago, and once in the last game. Loading a saved setup seems to fix it. Using a really old Mac (10.13.6) with the latest Java upgrade (IDR which, but I'm sure it's current).

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2022 - 21:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks to the logs provided my Medon I think I might have a lead.

Unfortunately I am again stuck since I have no mac to test things on. So to proceed I see two options:

1) Some generous soul donates a new macbook pro to me.. No?.. Okay.. Wink

2) Someone who has experienced this bug could fire up a test game with two teams and during setup try the following:

- Have the mouse hover over the pitch and press the right mouse button and keep it pressed
- Move to the dugout over a player
- Press the left mouse button
- Release the right mouse button
- Drag the player onto the pitch
- Release the left mouse button

Doing this generates the same log messages that I saw in Medon's log. But for me it does not move the player from the dugout to the pitch (as it should). If my theory is correct, then the sequence above should put the player on the pitch for Mac users BUT on the client for the other team that player would still be in the dugout.

Should someone be able to replicate that then I can try to work out a fix.

So any help here would be greatly appreciated. It would also be useful to know if someone tries the above steps but does not get that behaviour so that would indicate that I have to keep searching.

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2022 - 01:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Small update:

Other platforms are affected as well. New theorie revolves around too many mouse events being fired at once and thus messing up the client state. So I deployed a change to the test environment that forces mouse events to be handled in sequence.

Maybe this will help to resolve this issue, provided testing does not reveal new problems.

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2022 - 09:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I’ll play my next match on thursday, will inform you if things have improved Smile

The right mouse button thing you advised earlier in test mode I couldn’t get to work. I’m not sure if the apple mouse even has a right button you can keep pressed…? The right mouse button menu is summoned by pressing two fingers at once. But I think it is always a single click you can’t keep it pressed for longer times. Not fully sure though. At least I could not invoke the setup error at all, in several test mode trials. So the bug seems to be completely gone in hot seat test mode matches.
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2022 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

The change is only available on the test system.

So regular games or test games with teams from any of the regular divisions are not affected by that change yet.

Post   Posted: May 12, 2022 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Since last night 2.8.1 is live. This includes a change that should prevent multiple simultaneous mouse events to overlap. So maybe this could help with the setup issue.

Would be great if people could let me know if there is any change.

Post   Posted: May 12, 2022 - 21:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Seems the issue is still there... darn it

Post   Posted: May 27, 2022 - 12:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Since today 2.9.0 is live, containing more logging. So once again it would be great if anyone that has this issue could turn on the java console and if the bug happens in a match just send me the complete output.

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2022 - 11:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a reminder that any logs regarding this bug would be helpful Smile

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2022 - 14:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Since it is hard to get debug info on this, the latest release (deployed today) contains a change that should hopefully mitigate the symptoms of this bug.

Those who had this issue in the past, please let me know if it appears fixed for you.

Jump to: