15 coaches online • Server time: 05:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Garion

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2022 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Haha yes. I meant snotlings... although they've got no hands.

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2022 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:

Lineman or possibly team wide have a trait called drunkard which is -1 to rushing.

By that do you mean one less movement or they can only GFI once?
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2022 - 19:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I took it as GFI/Rushes come with a -1 penalty to represent that alcohol may impede balance
Garion

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2022 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

C0ddlefish wrote:
I took it as GFI/Rushes come with a -1 penalty to represent that alcohol may impede balance

This^, gfi is a 3+ instead
At least that's my understanding

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2022 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

3+ is a big nerf. Even a couple of gfis per match with rr suddenly very risky.
Strength 1 no hands is a boon though Very Happy

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2022 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Valkyries are an amalgamation of thrower and runner. Basically the same as the runner but with pass and no block

But why?! Why nerf the runner. Just get rid of the thrower and leave the runner be. Sad

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2022 - 21:03 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
3+ is a big nerf. Even a couple of gfis per match with rr suddenly very risky.
Strength 1 no hands is a boon though Very Happy

Only if they take the field in addition to your normal 11 players. Otherwise, I don't know if I would field them.
Kinks

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2022 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeh, 3+ rushes/GFI's are a huge nerf on a team with fairly average speed. When they are getting out bashed by Orcs/Chaos/Khemri they need to rely on their mobility.

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2022 - 21:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I think there's some confusion going on in this thread. I don't think Garion has access to any special information about the new Norse roster. It's just his interpretation of the informations we were given in the article and the reveal lifestream.

Like, we don't actually know the exact stat line and skills of the Valkyrie.
Valkyrie : "fast, agile" + "good at running, catching, throwing" -> so we can infer that she's a fast player with probably a PA of 3+ and agility access, but that's it. Maybe she has an additional agility skill like catch, but it's speculation.

Ulwerener : "pointy, sharp nails" -> We could imagine that they were granted Claws from that line. Or it might just be a commentary of what the miniature looks like. I'm putting this here to show that it's not necessarily very reliable to deduce things from what they said.

Beer boars : 20k + "not gonna hit the hardest but very useful" -> all we know is that they'll have low strength and provide a bonus at half time (likely a babe-like bonus for KO recovers), and also that it probably has some utility skills.
Kinks

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2022 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Alien_the_Alien wrote:
Like, we don't actually know the exact stat line and skills of the Valkyrie.
Valkyrie : "fast, agile" + "good at running, catching, throwing" -> so we can infer that she's a fast player with probably a PA of 3+ and agility access, but that's it. Maybe she has an additional agility skill like catch, but it's speculation.

I can only imagine that with PA 3+ and P access she will be expensive. Crying or Very sad

GW: "Hmm...making passing harder, introducing a crazy wildly inaccurate pass rule and making throwers more expensive has completely unforeseeably resulted in less throwers been taken".

Players: "Maybe acknowledge the mistake an revert back to rules that worked much better?"

GW: "Ha! No lets just make the throwers also the only player with A access so people HAVE to take them anyway"

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2022 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Kondor wrote:
I have strong feelings that animals should not be on the pitch.

No Squiggidty?
Xandyreoch

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2022 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="Kinks"][quote="Alien_the_Alien"]Like, we don't actually know the exact stat line and skills of the Valkyrie.
Valkyrie : "fast, agile" + "good at running, catching, throwing" -> so we can infer that she's a fast player with probably a PA of 3+ and agility access, but that's it. Maybe she has an additional agility skill like catch, but it's speculation.[/quote]
I can only imagine that with PA 3+ and P access she will be expensive. :cry:

GW: "Hmm...making passing harder, introducing a crazy wildly inaccurate pass rule and making throwers more expensive has completely unforeseeably resulted in less throwers been taken".

Players: "Maybe acknowledge the mistake an revert back to rules that worked much better?"

GW: "Ha! No lets just make the throwers also the only player with A access so people HAVE to take them anyway"[/quote]

I quite like the new passing rules, they don't really fit american football, but don't seem unlikely on the crazy field of bloodbowl. It also presents a new challenge to play around :D
Kondor

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2022 - 06:18 Reply with quote Back to top

VillainousIntent wrote:
Kondor wrote:
I have strong feelings that animals should not be on the pitch.

No Squiggidty?

Are Squigs complete animals or are they humanoid enough with those big toothy grins and cute anime eyes???

Still they belong in secret league. I don't even like the halfling riding a sheep star. Get that thing off the pitch.
Kondor

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2022 - 06:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Kinks wrote:
Garion wrote:
Valkyries are an amalgamation of thrower and runner. Basically the same as the runner but with pass and no block

But why?! Why nerf the runner. Just get rid of the thrower and leave the runner be. Sad

Why not just make it the normal runner with pass? Price it as a wood elf thrower and trade one agility for block.
Garion

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2022 - 08:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the runner change tbh. Having the thrower and runner in the team always seemed stupid. Shame that throwing is disastrously bad now