33 coaches online • Server time: 11:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret Stunty Cup IVgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Blackbox Teams
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
peikko

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2004 - 09:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Grave77digger wrote:
A fairer (and more enjoying) system would have the rolls balance out over the course of the 2 quarters, not over the course of 1000 games.

How about if we just toss whole random factor away and everybody rolls 6 on every roll!
odi

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2004 - 10:21 Reply with quote Back to top

peikko wrote:

How about if we just toss whole random factor away and everybody rolls 6 on every roll!

I tried that against you once, against your nurglins, but you started complaining that I rolled only 6s, so I stopped doing it Razz
Imerikol

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2004 - 21:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Random means there will be those who have games where the 'luck' is spread over two halves. In fact, it means there can and eventually will be every conceivable combination of 'lucky' streaks. Its just what it says it is, random.

Stop complaining about streaks. They are part of random sets as much as is any other combination of numbers. You just don't notice the 'normal' games as much as the fluke really good or bad ones. Also keep in mind many games you consider eitehr really good or bad (because of how many rolls you succeed/fail on) will often fall outside the mean because you may need high or low numbers for success. For instance, an elf team may thing they are having phenomenal luck in a game they roll nothing by 2s (assume this means success) for ball handling, even though the average number rolled (2) is well below the satistical average expected (3.5).
 Jump to: