34 coaches online • Server time: 10:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is BB20 really a problem?
Yes.
18%
 18%  [ 29 ]
I miss CLAWPOMB.
10%
 10%  [ 16 ]
Dwarfs still like it.
14%
 14%  [ 22 ]
Game should use 1d8 instead of 1d6.
9%
 9%  [ 15 ]
I've left fumbbl since the update and didn't even read this.
7%
 7%  [ 12 ]
Throw Team Mate is bugged.
3%
 3%  [ 5 ]
I will always find a way to minmax!
11%
 11%  [ 18 ]
Pie.
24%
 24%  [ 38 ]
Total Votes : 155

PainState

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2022 - 21:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I have to say that I have been curious of this MattDakka rabbit hole. I have always cautiously looked at it but never decide to just jump head first into...Until today.

Iam amazed by this coach. Looking at his bio he and I are of the same age roughly...we have the same background of Blood Bowl really loving the concept of the game design from 2ed and going into 3rd. Although Iam a little older and did play 1st ed blood bowl, hurrah for nostalgia but guys, it was just Warhammer fantasy battle played like a blood bowl game, it really was not that great.

As I was tumbling into into the rabbit hole I read his "about" section..mmmm

Here is what MattDakka in is own words says.

My gaming Ethics by MattDakka
- I time out at 4 minutes unless my opponent writes in the client chat that he's experiencing issues. If your client chat doesn't work send me a PM before game starts. If your PC, connection, work, health, family, biological entities around you, paranormal activities, power outages, thunderstorms etc. could create issues tell me before game starts. Time out should be automatic and enforcing the time out is but a consequence of client not doing it automatically. Blame yourself and the client, not the opponent timing you out.
- I never quit on purpose, no matter how bad the match is. If that happens it's due to an issue. I will try to re-join the game as soon as possible.
- I never concede.

Gamefinder rules (nothing is forgotten, nothing is forgiven, every action has a reaction)
- If you try to cherrypick me I will hide you.
- If you offer me a game with a tier 1 or 2 team and then you buy Inducements creating a TV gap higher than 40 TV I will hide you.
- I don't accept offers if (TV difference + opponent's Treasury) = 150 TV or higher.
- I don't accept offers from teams without Apothecary if they have 50,000 or more in their Treasury.
- I don't accept offers from teams with fewer than 2 team rrs.

Now I could cheery pick all these set in stone ethics but I was just dumb founded on...since we are of roughly the same age and from a long back ground of Blood Bowl..I decided to check my own "about" page...which I have not touched in years.

PainState has this to say.

Gaming Ethics by PainState
I do like to talk it up and have fun when Iam playing my games. Some coaches do not like that and I understand. I try to stay even keel with it and just have fun regardless of what is actually happening on the pitch. I like to yell at my players and get the crowd going. If Iam silent for many turns its usually because You are making me think to much or Iam just not in the mood that game. On occasion I will start to bitch and moan and cry and carry on BUT I know you have no control over the CAS dice like me. Just let me carry on until I pass out and then I will be quiet and you can rake in your SPP winnings after the match.

FOULING: I DONT CARE!! this is Blood Bowl.
CPOMB: I DONT CARE!!! this is Blood Bowl.
Min/Max: I DONT CARE!!!! This is Blood Bowl.

This is interesting to me that Matt and I are almost 2 sides of the same coin.

Oh crap that end of rabbit hole is approaching and Iam about to do a head dive into the cave bottom

I play Blood Bowl on FUMBBL for the fluff and RPG aspect of it, do I want to win games, sure...that is all secondary to ME having fun on the site.

Matt on the other hand is all concerned about game mechanics and fair matches, a very over inflated concern about CR and is really mad that you guys are not on board with the idea that Picking matches should be only found in a unraked, back alley sand box with cat crap camo'ed as tootsie rolls.

My last thought is how is it possible that you could be on FUMMBL so long and not have one "friend" on this site? I think arresteddevlopment, his only "friend" would like to be taken off the list right now. This guy is the "lone" wolf of FUMBBL. No friends, no leagues and no tournament action. Now to that I say WOW.

Last edited by PainState on %b %23, %2022 - %21:%Jul; edited 2 times in total
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2022 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Murker eye think eye want to bear your children.

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2022 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

Gamefinder rules (nothing is forgotten, nothing is forgiven, every action has a reaction)
- If you [do anything] I will hide you.

That is a lot of restrictions. Doubt I would get to game two...

Lyracian.
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2022 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd love to understand the logic of the Apo rule above.

Near rookie teams savings for an positional must buy an Apo first to be eligible? Why?
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2022 - 00:35 Reply with quote Back to top

LOL I wondered why he refused my matchup. Turns out I meet THREE of his criteria. Awesome!
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2022 - 00:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm pretty sure the apo rule is for coaches like me who think the apo is shit in 2020, and I won't buy one for teams under 2000tv.

Too bad though, I lost 12 CR since I offered him that match, he could have gained big!
Uber

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2022 - 02:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
I'm pretty sure the apo rule is for coaches like me who think the apo is shit in 2020, and I won't buy one for teams under 2000tv.

Yeah, whoever thought to nerf the apo needs to be flogged by an angry mob of goblins...

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2022 - 03:48 Reply with quote Back to top

right now, my opinion is that the apo is worth 10k per 400k value of your team. (this also includes wandering apothecaries)
Ohwatch

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2022 - 14:48 Reply with quote Back to top

6 injuries game versus humain with 4 MB with elves union. Very balanced Smile
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2022 - 15:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Ohwatch wrote:
6 injuries game versus humain with 4 MB with elves union. Very balanced Smile
Imho and from my particular perspective, CAS should be 11+, not 10+.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2022 - 15:02 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
I have to say that I have been curious of this MattDakka rabbit hole. I have always cautiously looked at it but never decide to just jump head first into...Until today.

Iam amazed by this coach. Looking at his bio he and I are of the same age roughly...we have the same background of Blood Bowl really loving the concept of the game design from 2ed and going into 3rd. Although Iam a little older and did play 1st ed blood bowl, hurrah for nostalgia but guys, it was just Warhammer fantasy battle played like a blood bowl game, it really was not that great.

As I was tumbling into into the rabbit hole I read his "about" section..mmmm

Here is what MattDakka in is own words says.

My gaming Ethics by MattDakka
- I time out at 4 minutes unless my opponent writes in the client chat that he's experiencing issues. If your client chat doesn't work send me a PM before game starts. If your PC, connection, work, health, family, biological entities around you, paranormal activities, power outages, thunderstorms etc. could create issues tell me before game starts. Time out should be automatic and enforcing the time out is but a consequence of client not doing it automatically. Blame yourself and the client, not the opponent timing you out.
- I never quit on purpose, no matter how bad the match is. If that happens it's due to an issue. I will try to re-join the game as soon as possible.
- I never concede.

- If you try to cherrypick me I will hide you.
- If you offer me a game with a tier 1 or 2 team and then you buy Inducements creating a TV gap higher than 40 TV I will hide you.
- I don't accept offers if (TV difference + opponent's Treasury) = 150 TV or higher.
- I don't accept offers from teams without Apothecary if they have 50,000 or more in their Treasury.
- I don't accept offers from teams with fewer than 2 team rrs.

Now I could cheery pick all these set in stone ethics but I was just dumb founded on...since we are of roughly the same age and from a long back ground of Blood Bowl..I decided to check my own "about" page...which I have not touched in years.

PainState has this to say.

Gaming Ethics by PainState
I do like to talk it up and have fun when Iam playing my games. Some coaches do not like that and I understand. I try to stay even keel with it and just have fun regardless of what is actually happening on the pitch. I like to yell at my players and get the crowd going. If Iam silent for many turns its usually because You are making me think to much or Iam just not in the mood that game. On occasion I will start to bitch and moan and cry and carry on BUT I know you have no control over the CAS dice like me. Just let me carry on until I pass out and then I will be quiet and you can rake in your SPP winnings after the match.

FOULING: I DONT CARE!! this is Blood Bowl.
CPOMB: I DONT CARE!!! this is Blood Bowl.
Min/Max: I DONT CARE!!!! This is Blood Bowl.

This is interesting to me that Matt and I are almost 2 sides of the same coin.

Oh crap that end of rabbit hole is approaching and Iam about to do a head dive into the cave bottom

I play Blood Bowl on FUMBBL for the fluff and RPG aspect of it, do I want to win games, sure...that is all secondary to ME having fun on the site.

Matt on the other hand is all concerned about game mechanics and fair matches, a very over inflated concern about CR and is really mad that you guys are not on board with the idea that Picking matches should be only found in a unraked, back alley sand box with cat crap camo'ed as tootsie rolls.

My last thought is how is it possible that you could be on FUMMBL so long and not have one "friend" on this site? I think arresteddevlopment, his only "friend" would like to be taken off the list right now. This guy is the "lone" wolf of FUMBBL. No friends, no leagues and no tournament action. Now to that I say WOW.

/applaud
koadah

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2022 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

Probably because it is easy enough to find people using the search function and scheduling games can be a total pain in the arse.

It is not as if Matt never interacts with anyone. Wink

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2022 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Is it possible to fire one's Apothicary. He doesnt bring his value back.

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2022 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

Probably because it is easy enough to find people using the search function and scheduling games can be a total pain in the arse.

Adding somebody to a friend list doesn't necessarily mean he is a friend, friendship is related to people's social interactions, not to a list.
I can be friend of somebody without having him on a list.
Yes, it's easy enough to find somebody, if I want, no need to have a list. Also, today friend can be tomorrow enemy. Friendship is not set in stone, is based on two or more people's actions and behaviours, so, it's dynamic.

Exactly. I do hate to wait for people to play a scheduled league game. I played in 3 private leagues and most coaches were not as committed as me, sometimes they were late or didn't show up at all and didn't even bother to write a PM to inform me, so I don't play private leagues anymore. No patience for time wasters.
I prefer to play one-off games whenever I feel the urge with an automatic MM system.
I would play in a private league with close and reliable friends if I could, but where I live there are no people interested in BB anymore.

By the way, please don't go off-topic, send me a PM if you want to ask me questions.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2022 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Please limit your goings-off on Matt. He's a valuable member of the community, sees things in a way that lots of others don't, if he can get a bit bullheaded.

I don't understand the bit about TV + Treasury. I mean, if you're gonna hide somebody if they splash more than 40k, that's one thing. But teams with large treasuries probably have those treasuries precisely because they're not the big splasher type. Also note that the redraft rules mean that a 15-game-old team needs 200k in treasury, minus 10k per win and 5k per tie; that's 125k if you break even. If they do badly against you and score no TDs, that break-even team needs to squirrel away about 75k to be assured of having 1350k for redraft. True, redraft hasn't been implemented, but there's a fair number of coaches keeping it to 15 games per team to stay in the spirit.