34 coaches online • Server time: 11:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2022 - 11:52 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Garion wrote:

Zoats aren't amazonian. They live in the Old world with the wood elves.

However GW might not know this haha

Right. Too bad that in BB2020 Lizardmen can hire Zolcath the Zoat, so yes, GW threw to the wind the lore.

well there's no reason they shouldn't be able to hire a star player, the stars are pretty much just divided by good, undead, chaos... but I'd be very suprised if we see another zoat. I think Zolcath is just a nod for old heads.

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2022 - 11:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, but according to the lore Zoats are rare and as you said they live with Wood Elves. To me it's quite weird that Amazons and Lizardmen can have a Zoat Star Player.
He's out of place.
James_

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2022 - 12:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Yea Zolcaths special action fluff wise is basically 'What the heck?? Is that a Zoat??', not sure we'll see more of them running about.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2022 - 12:03 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Yes, but according to the lore Zoats are rare and as you said they live with Wood Elves. To me it's quite weird that Amazons and Lizardmen can have a Zoat Star Player.
He's out of place.

I don't think it matters. Star player are just players for hire in Blood Bowl background. As i say they have been sorted similar to how races were in 2nd ed. "Good", "Chaos" etc.... Zoat clearly works for the good guys.

And if you want a rationale to explain why a Zoat is playing a game in Lustria it's really not hard. You would just say they travelled through the Wood Elf world roots. Which stretch from the oak of ages in Athel Loren to a number of forests in Lustria.

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2022 - 12:17 Reply with quote Back to top

The restrictions on which star player can play for who is a little sketchy now anyway.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2022 - 12:23 Reply with quote Back to top

James_ wrote:
The restrictions on which star player can play for who is a little sketchy now anyway.

yup for sure, and very uneven.

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2022 - 12:38 Reply with quote Back to top

True, I got surprised by Bomber available to Skaven too. In 3rd edition there was more Star Players' "racial consistency".
James_

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2022 - 13:31 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
True, I got surprised by Bomber available to Skaven too. In 3rd edition there was more Star Players' "racial consistency".

From a hobby perspective it is nice to convert or get all the stars for your team, I'm currently working my way through the Ogre list... Its very eclectic mix.

But to be honest I'd like to move back to the more stricter availability, Skaven for Skaven, Goblins for Goblins etc, but I know that is not going to happen.
BigChiefSittingDuck

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2022 - 12:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh please, please, please get rid of the spam dodge, at least some of them should have a different skill. They are much too powerful at low TV (unless they play dwarfs, which of course they never choose to), and are boring as hell to play against.

****ing unicorn? That would be incredibly lame for a Blood Bowl pitch, but at least my gobbo chainsaw would enjoy chopping it.
kozak

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2022 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lhzia7ZbCQ

"New zons" are confirmed. Sad for Slanns...
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2022 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

So what do we know? I missed most of the stream.

Seems they're split into
Linemen
Thrower
Blitzer
Blocker

They still all have Dodge I think they confirmed

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2022 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

Amazons were still over 50% between 1600 - 1800 in the Box.
46% 1800-2000.

You can't have every race over 50% Wink

Thanks for sharing that. I thought they tailed off quickly at higher TVs but apparently not. They don’t seem to win CCL ever IiRC.
MisterFurious

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2022 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01o6wxiOmTk
Garion26

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2022 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Those new minis are great.
Jim_Fear

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2022 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

The new Amazon minis look rather "inspired by" the Fumbbl Pixel Expansion Project from a few years back.