32 coaches online • Server time: 01:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
James_

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2022 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

mentioned they all still have dodge, dunno how official that was.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2022 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion26 wrote:
I thought they tailed off quickly at higher TVs but apparently not. They don’t seem to win CCL ever IiRC.

From experience: at 1700 TV, that one guy with TacklePOMB just gives the other side hope, it's not a death sentence. They probably have another Tackler somewhere, you can live with that. You need some Dirty Players at higher values (okay, at least one), to punish indiscriminate PO'ers. Dwarfs were a hard matchup before, but it hasn't gotten any harder, as you've been Blodging up and sneaking in a bunch of Guard, and they're still slow: Dwarfs fall off at high values too, after all. Chaos teams, which are everywhere, are all geared up to fight armor, and from your perspective, their Claw just detracts from their Tackle allotment. Elves are your favorite food at any value, and now you have all your Guard and Mighty Blow, plus certainly at least one TPOMB Blitzer, probably with Pro or Juggernaut to boot.

LRB6 Amazon games over 2 million have a different cast to them. By 2 million, not only does everybody have that TacklePOMBer, but most of them have at least a couple more Tackle (maybe with Mighty Blow) to boot, and most of those teams have some statistical advantage that isn't "Hobgoblin chic": strength, speed, agility, ... something. At that point, you're playing in a harder mode, but you can still thrive, it's just not easy pickings anymore. And every once in awhile, you'll get creamed in two or three consecutive games and have to pick up the pieces. They were still no worse than Orcs until BB2016 took the PO out of CPOMB, which was sort of a lifeline to da struggling ladz.

I have but little Amazon experience in 2016 rules, most of it from across the table: they're cheeseball until they're lame, and by then I'd played enough cheeseball and already had a cool all-lino Human team, which is much more fun.

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2022 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

> They don’t seem to win CCL ever IiRC.

The BB2 rules are terrible. No TRR cost for PO should frankly tell you everything you need to know, but even if you like it, there is an obvious impact on the meta from clawpomb the higher the TV gets.
Kondor

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2022 - 08:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Well they are official.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/07/10/revealed-the-amazons-are-here-to-rip-up-the-gridiron-in-blood-bowl/

Looking at the link, you get throwers, blockers, and blitzers. Probably 2 of each. I bet they keep dodge spam. Probably with on the ball to start with on throwers. I bet two positionals with wrestle/dodge and two with block/dodge. Blitzers probably are the only access to strength on a primary.

I like the models but don't care much for the paint job on the sample team. Obviously uses the GW contrast paings but I just don't like the effect on the uniforms.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2022 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

New snake star player from the same link above ^

Fits with old 2nd ed naming conventions for Snakemen, and seems to have a similar skill set to the snakemen team in secret League

great model!

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2022 - 15:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
New snake star player from the same link above ^
great model!

That only takes you to the Amazon team reveal.
Snake man https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/07/11/mesmerise-your-way-to-a-touchdown-with-amazon-star-player-boa-konssstriktr/

Looks fun. As usual without cost and full stats cannot really evaluate. With sidestep and some chain pushes can make use of his steal the ball power but will be tricky.

As for Amazons looks like Catchers are gone. Just need to know if Blitzers or Blockers are limited 0-2 or 0-4 positions. Oh well tune in again in two weeks when we (probably) have a roster.

Lyracian.
Nobby_Nobbs

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2022 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm curious that he's swallowed 'over four' balls. Has he swallowed a fraction of one? Did he spit it out? Will we ever know?

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2022 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

You can steal the ball with careful planning, but activation ends just after that.
Your opponent will have to be extremely unlucky for that skill to be useful.

But depending on the cost, it might be a nice addition. Has to be relatively cheap though.
Garion26

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2022 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Nobby_Nobbs wrote:
I'm curious that he's swallowed 'over four' balls. Has he swallowed a fraction of one? Did he spit it out? Will we ever know?

Isn’t it “four balls over his career” not “over four balls”

Sidestep means his special rule will come into effect more often then it otherwise would both on opposing blocks and crafty chain pushes.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2022 - 23:42 Reply with quote Back to top

5 balls, but one was illegally deflated.

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2022 - 08:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Kondor wrote:
Well they are official.

Obviously uses the GW contrast paings but I just don't like the effect on the uniforms.

You misspelled Unicorns..

No problem, I knew exactly what you meant ; )
Jokaero

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2022 - 10:49 Reply with quote Back to top

If Boa rolls a 1 on his 'look into my eyes', can he perform another action? As I read it, his turn only ends if he rolls 2+.
ThierryM

Post 14 Posted: Jul 12, 2022 - 11:35 Reply with quote Back to top

What's the point of grabbing the ball then sit on the spot waiting to get bashed next turn... ?
I forsee quite a few handbags made of snake skin .

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2022 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

ThierryM wrote:
What's the point of grabbing the ball then sit on the spot waiting to get bashed next turn... ?
I forsee quite a few handbags made of snake skin .

You seem the kind of guy who only rolls pows Very Happy
Also, if you manage to grab the ball, a) they block a sidestep player who then chooses where to fall, and b) they have to knock you down AND retrieve it. It's not always that easy. I'd rather grab the ball without a roll. After that, any sort of weird things can happen in bb.

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2022 - 12:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Even if he gets bashed the next turn he could delay the pick up long enough to tie or win a game and Side Step gives a certain control on the ball scatter to try to place it in some Tackle zones, making it hard to retrieve for the opponent.
 Jump to: