31 coaches online • Server time: 08:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2022 - 16:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Let's don't forget Safe Pair. Side Step and Safe Pair of Hands means that knocking him down is often a Pyrrhic victory. It's like the good version of Dump-Off.

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2022 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd be more interested to know how people intend to get that guy in contact with the ball and keep him there for 1 turn until it's his go again.

It's possible to swarm a cage with the snake and some guards for sure.

Another option is for the opponent to mess up, either by letting you chainpush the snake in contact and then activate it, or by suffering a turnover before shifting the snake or dodging the carrier away.

Last but not least, you manage to push the ball carrier in contact with the yet to be activated snake, but that sounds even more farfetched.

Nice new trick overall, but it won't happen so often.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2022 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Java wrote:
either by letting you chainpush the snake in contact and then activate it

With sidestep it doesn't sound THAT difficult.

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2022 - 19:28 Reply with quote Back to top

you still need some sort of unwitting cooperation from the opposition, leaving a player in contact with the snake for you to chainpush or willingly tagging the snake during their turn, and in the right position for that, too, leaving you enough freedom to fill spaces and blitz from the right direction

it could happen in a big messy scrum, not in the open prairies

why do people get in messy scrums versus amazons???

it's a nice gimmick, it will take a while to become a christmas GIF

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2022 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed it's not going to catch someone savvy easily
But someone less savvy may be caught out.
Dodge step isn't as good as blodgestep but we've all had that turn where a blodgestepper just wouldn't go down and you had to invest lots of players into blocks/limiting sidestep options.

I think it's more designed as a runner with some defense benefits then a true ball hawking build your strategy around piece like Griff.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2022 - 19:50 Reply with quote Back to top

it all depends on the cost and stat line. the extra skill is just a nice bonus.

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2022 - 21:42 Reply with quote Back to top

How tall is he, according to you? In my opinion, he looks like a ST3 player but I'm not completely sure...

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2022 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion26 wrote:
[quote="Azur"

Pig is optional but clearly some people (including me) like them as a 12th player.

I love to have 2 on the board. A cheap player with sidestep is cool to surf my opponent player. Wink
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2022 - 23:23 Reply with quote Back to top

sebco wrote:
How tall is he, according to you? In my opinion, he looks like a ST3 player but I'm not completely sure...

With that special skill it would be broken if it wasn't st3. I'm betting he is.

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2022 - 00:58 Reply with quote Back to top

MarckusOfCamlan wrote:
I love to have 2 [pigs] on the board. A cheap player with sidestep is cool to surf my opponent player. Wink
Pigs don't have Side Step. They don't even have primary access to Side Step.

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2022 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to see the whole dodge/tackle mechanic reworked into something that's less affected by presence/absence. Or at least, it might be nice to do so; though it's certainly been such a core part of the early gameplay for many teams by now that changing it would probably be unpopular.

I'd like to see dodge not be quite so powerful early on; and i'd like to tackle to be of some use against people without dodge.

At any rate, it'll be interesting to look at the new amazon team; not sure if i'll get to trying it out as I don't play much these days.
Pfinferno

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2022 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Imagine the world we could live in, if dodge,guard and possibly block were split into 2 components
Randobot

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2022 - 01:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Pfinferno wrote:
Imagine the world we could live in, if dodge,guard and possibly block were split into 2 components

In a world as you describe wrestle would become king. Eliminating wrestle would just make another skill the new king. There will always be a best skill. Imagine a world where we make jump up the best skill. Yikes!

We don't want all skills to be equally circumstantial either.
Alien_the_Alien

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2022 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Randobot wrote:
Pfinferno wrote:

In a world as you describe wrestle would become king. Eliminating wrestle would just make another skill the new king. There will always be a best skill. Imagine a world where we make jump up the best skill. Yikes!

We don't want all skills to be equally circumstantial either.

Ok but now apply the same reasoning to Mighty Blow +2... or anything overpowered at any point really (like undercosted starplayers).
Yes, nerfing the overpowered thing makes something less overpowered king. It's not always bad. Some might say that nerfing the skills everyone takes everytime so that we see more skill diversity would be a good design decision, and they wouldn't be wrong.

Don't confuse our love of tradition (what we're used to) with good game design that shouldn't change. OP skills were nerfed in the past of BB. It could happen again. And even make the game better!
MarckusOfCamlan

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2022 - 14:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd still take the defensve block
 Jump to: