45 coaches online • Server time: 15:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Garion26

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2022 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm trying to decide what to take to an upcoming tabletop tournament and I'm interested in your opinions.

TV 1100 essentially no skill package (random skills based on tier, 1 skill for Tier 1, 4 for tier 4, with an additional random skill per round)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/11WuUWVOEl64Ed6z3igFcaiu-buZ8aOy5Q8jc-YNsiQg/edit?usp=sharing

I think the rules set favors teams that come with a lot of starting skills and those that don't need skills to be competitive at that TV.

I've recently finished painting my combo norse/khorne team and actually may be done with my Khemri team by the time of the event.

Option 1 Norse
13 players 2 ulfs, 2 valkyries, 2 blitzer, 1 pig, 3 rerolls 6linemen

Option 2 Norse
12 players same positionals and rerolls except only 1 blitzer, and 100 K for a bribe.

Option 3 Norse
11 players 1 ulf, 2 valkyries 1 Ulf, 1 blitzer, 3 rerolls and one 200-220 K star either Karla, Zug, Grim Ironjaw or White Dwarf (zug is painted) trades out 1 strength no block piece for a block/loner piece and you lose extra bodies of course

Option 4 Tombkings -
12 players, 3 rerolls, 4 guardians and 2 blitzer 2 throwers.
I know no skills - but randoms on linemen may be useful and I actually think might be more fun (I'm not the type to tilt when I never pick up the ball!)

I think Norse are generally the better team and certainly more likely to score - Khemri are more likely to surprise people.

Any thoughts?
BeanBelly

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2022 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Random skills on Tomb Kings sounds awful, that may not be a good choice if you are looking for wins.

A team with good starting skills like Humans seems best, so you don't rely on whatever the randoms are.

Star Players (and no handicap? no skills reduction) seems too good a chance to miss. So from your list I'd choose Norse Option 3 (Zug).

Good luck!

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2022 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks man!
I figure on Khemri linemen block/wrestle/sure hands/kick/dirty player and maybe tackle/pro are wins.
BeanBelly

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2022 - 10:53 Reply with quote Back to top

dirty player is always a win ; )