16 coaches online • Server time: 03:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Question: Do you think that having access to only 2 monkey warriors is too few of them?
2 is enough
40%
 40%  [ 9 ]
4 was better
36%
 36%  [ 8 ]
3 the middle way
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
an Artificer, what the hell ? Remove that !
22%
 22%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 22

Vicen

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2023 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

The poll was for a Cathay team, (the original message is in the second post under this one)

The Monkeymen Team is an adaptation of the Simyin to make it a team with Stunty lineman. If my team is inspired by it, the gamplay is not the same. I also modified the positionals to fit the fantasy universe.

Final Version:

Monkeymen Team

Text format:

|0/12|Monkey Lineman|55k |6|2|3+|4+|7+|
Dodge, Extra Arms, Stunty |A |GPS|

|0/4|Monkeyman Interceptor|80k |7|3|3+|3+|8+|
Prehensile Tail, Very Long Legs |AGP |MS|

|0/2|Armored Ape Blocker|105k |5|4|4+|5+|10+|
Arm Bar, Extra Arms |GS |AP|

|0/2|Tiny Winged Monkey|30k |6|1|3+|4+|6+|
Dodge, Right Stuff, Side Step, Stunty, Swoop, Titchy |A |GS|

|0/1|Silverback|150k |5|5|4+|5+|9+|
Big Hand, Grab, Loner (4+), Mighty Blow (+1), Throw Team-mate, Unchannelled Fury |S |AGM|

Re-roll: 70k
Apothicary: Yes
Fovoured of...

I edited the monkeyman warrior, for anatomical reasons (they have a flatter foot than real monkeys). So "Very Long Legs" replaces "Extra Arms". They still have their typical prehensile tail.

Throw Team-mate: the wings of the mini winged monkey are too small to fly away by themselves, they need help to take off. The Silverback won't accept so easily to launch them (Unchannelled Fury).

Last edited by Vicen on Feb 14, 2023 - 12:11; edited 394 times in total
Vicen

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2023 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Original Message: (to understand the poll and discussions that followed)

Hello, I am a french Blood Bowl player and a fan of the Warhammer universe. I became a fan of the Cathay faction in the video game Total War Warhammer III. That's why I'm particularly interested in this faction.

I signed up seeing that FUMBBL proposes a secret league with teams coming from the 4 corners of the world. I saw there the Cathay faction (BB2016), I propose you here a BB2020 version.

What's new:
- Foo Statue: Iron Hard Skin
- less Monkey Warrior, (slightly higher price, but keep a good capacity of passe)
- addition of a secret weapon

Exemple of starting roster

Re-roll Heavy Cathay: (11 players)
6 Linemans (300k)
1 Monkey Warrior (80k)
4 Celestial Dragon Guard (380k)
4 Re-Roll (240k)
1 Dedicated fan
(TV 1000)

All Positional Cathay: (12 players)
4 Linemans (200k)
2 Monkey Warriors (160k)
4 Celestial Monks (380k)
1 Foo Statue (130k)
1 Artificer (70k)
1 Re-roll (60k)
1 Dedicated fan
(TV 1000)
Note: you may don't pick the artificer to have one more re-roll (and an other dedicated fan)

Last edited by Vicen on Jan 31, 2023 - 01:21; edited 109 times in total
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2023 - 00:31 Reply with quote Back to top

There's also a 2020 version for secret league:

https://fumbbl.com/help:CathayT2020
Vicen

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2023 - 08:26 Reply with quote Back to top

@Nelphine: thanks.

I notice a strange thing: they don't give Iron Hard Skin to the Foo Statue. Isn't this creature best suited for this skill?

Secondly, I see that they have replaced the monkey warriors by runner. A lot of the team's charm is lost here. But they gain acces to pass ability.

Last edited by Vicen on Jan 08, 2023 - 14:18; edited 4 times in total
Vicen

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2023 - 09:18 Reply with quote Back to top

So I guess this Cathay BB2020 team of the secret league is very influenced by the current state of total war warhammer. If Cathay has indeed not yet this type of warrior in total war warhammer III. However this will be added in the future since the Monkey King vs Changelin lore has been mentioned.

Lore:
Although the monkey king is a lord of Cathay, he has a certain rivalry with Li Dao, the fire dragon lord. It is said that many of the exaction attributed to the monkey king... are done by the Changelin linked to Tzeentch.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2023 - 09:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
There's also a 2020 version for secret league:

@Vicen This ^ is what we are changing the SL Cathay team to due to the cathay lore retcon in Total war.

Last edited by Garion on Jan 06, 2023 - 10:07; edited 1 time in total
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2023 - 09:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Vicen wrote:
So I guess this Cathay BB2020 team of the secret league is very influenced by the current state of total war warhammer. If Cathay has indeed not yet this type of warrior in total war warhammer III. However this will be added in the future since the Monkey King vs Changelin lore has been mentioned.

Lore:
Although the monkey king is a lord of Cathay, he has a certain rivalry with Li Dao, the fire dragon lord. It is said that many of the exaction attributed to the monkey king... are done by the Changelin linked to Tzeentch.

I am aware of the money warrior lore, and I also agree it loses some flavour, however all SL teams stick as sticly to the lore as possible first and foremost. And the monkey warriors from the mountains of heaven no are no longer central to their lore. If I was a betting man I would guess there were concerns this could have potential rasist connotations so they likely steered away from that depiction of China.

Also iron hard skin is on the Foo Statue.

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2023 - 10:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Also iron hard skin is on the Foo Statue.

Thank you Garion, my eyes did me wrong.

Too bad, at 5 minutes I didn't create a topic for nothing in the FUMBBL section ^^'
(Edit: You can call it a fumble on my part)

Last edited by Vicen on Jan 06, 2023 - 10:18; edited 3 times in total
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2023 - 10:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Regarding a bombardier I did consider this when creating the roster in 2015, same for Ind, because both regions had lore around gunpowder creation and trade, and also cathay had a model for a mortar launcher. However I decided to keep this as a star player only but have not got round to Secret League star players yet. Though I have lots of ideas for many teams, and CIBBL (a league that use Secret League teams) have also created a large number of custom stars that are great.

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2023 - 11:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I renamed the skill of the star player Mooncheeky (now:"Adept of change"), since the term "Changeling" is already used for the big guy of the Tzeentch team.
Vicen

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2023 - 12:06 Reply with quote Back to top

What can be said about this monkey-less roster is that we have two positionals with access to three skill branches:
GAP for the skull runners (Yin) and GAS for the celestial monks (Yang)

This reflects the yin-yang duality of distance (yin) and hand-to-hand (yang) units (mechanics of the Grand Cathay faction in TWW3)
Vicen

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2023 - 23:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Apparently, it is only possible to create one Cathay BB2016 team at the moment.

It seems that only BB2020 teams with the validated icon are ready to be used.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2023 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

yes the 2020 rosters have not been launced yet
though I have nearly finished updating them all. So the big release will be soon Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2023 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Have you tried?

It looks possible to me. Though the roster is likely to change.

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2023 - 09:34 Reply with quote Back to top

@garion: ok thanks

@koadah: I have create a team for BB2020, selected Cathay, then the statistic and positionnal of the team is based on the old BB2016.

Note: no problems with Ninja Flings. (one of the teams ready check)

Last edited by Vicen on Jan 07, 2023 - 10:12; edited 6 times in total
 Jump to: