37 coaches online • Server time: 15:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Best Clint Eastwood Movie?
Fist Full of Dollars
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
A Few Dollars More
10%
 10%  [ 5 ]
Good the Bad and the Ugly
47%
 47%  [ 23 ]
Unforgiven
12%
 12%  [ 6 ]
Gran Torino
14%
 14%  [ 7 ]
In the Line of Fire
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Where Eagles Dare
10%
 10%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 48

MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2023 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't like the new Casualty table, we can argue about the odds of SI, NI and Death, but Badly Hurt was better when it was a 50% chance (to use the Apo tactically, like in NAF tournaments). As as aside, I talk about the effect of multiple Niggling Injuries in this blog, in case you missed it: https://fumbbl.com/p/blog?c=MattDakka

That said, yes, Casualty table is worse than the old one, but the level up table is bad as well (it's harder to get quickly stat boosts and double and players tend to get crippled/die sooner now), and Elves have a terrible passing game now. They tend to be outnumbered but now they can't handle that with passing as easily as in the past. So, I could live with BB2020 Casualty table, but the passing is appalling. Not due to Wildly Inaccurate but to high PA (relatively speaking) of Elven teams.
The DE Runner has PA 3+.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %11, %2023 - %11:%Jan; edited 2 times in total
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2023 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't see that. Great blog Matt !
Good to have the addition of niggles worked out too.

Yeah the impact on Apo is significant for BH free use.

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2023 - 11:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks! Yes, with decreased BH chance, the Apo can be reliably used less often. I don't mind about long term Injuries, but it's important to keep a key player on the pitch. Considering the BB2020 table, an Apo working on a 2+ (like in older rulesets) could have been ok. Or another idea could have been an Apo that, if fails to heal a player, can be kept to have another healing attempt on another player.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2023 - 11:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, in lrb5 up to this edition I pretty much only used apo on BH. It was the tactically sound choice quite often.

The niggle change is a great one mind.

Last edited by Garion on %b %11, %2023 - %11:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
BeanBelly

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2023 - 11:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Regards Niggles - I am totally ignoring them in this ruleset, so that is defo a difference I've noted.

Garion wrote:

I am looking forward to redraft coming though. Should make things interesting

Totally agree on this, looking forward to it.

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2023 - 11:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm looking forward to Re-Draft as well. Not a fan of it, but if the alternative is facing bash teams full of skills and freak ball carriers then Re-Draft gets more appealing.
As an aside, I wonder what is the ideal Season length. On FUMBBL it will be 15 games, but I'm afraid it could be a bit too long. 7 games seems too short, instead. Maybe a number between 7 and 15? In my opinion it should be almost impossible to develop a +2 MA ball carrier in a Season. With 15 games and assuming a TD scored every game, a ball carrier can get 45 SPPs, that means +2 MA ball carriers before Re-Draft.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2023 - 12:37 Reply with quote Back to top

hmm, should have had Dirty Harry in the poll too. Dunno how I forgot that.

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2023 - 12:51 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
I'm looking forward to Re-Draft as well. Not a fan of it, but if the alternative is facing bash teams full of skills and freak ball carriers then Re-Draft gets more appealing.
As an aside, I wonder what is the ideal Season length. On FUMBBL it will be 15 games, but I'm afraid it could be a bit too long. 7 games seems too short, instead. Maybe a number between 7 and 15? In my opinion it should be almost impossible to develop a +2 MA ball carrier in a Season. With 15 games and assuming a TD scored every game, a ball carrier can get 45 SPPs, that means +2 MA ball carriers before Re-Draft.

I would have expected 7-10. 15 sounds like a fix for the BBT.

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2023 - 13:15 Reply with quote Back to top

15 is also what GW suggested in the bb2020 rulebook.

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2023 - 13:15 Reply with quote Back to top

If playing enough BBT games is needed, then it could be 10 games per team, adding 2 teams to a BBT squad. So, instead of 4 teams playing 15 games each, 6 teams playing 10 games each.
Yes, I think that a Season close to 10-11 games should be better. With 10-11 games, assuming 1 TD per game, there are not enough SPPs to get +2 MA in a single Season.
+2 MA is really gamechanging and should be hard to achieve in a single Season.

About official length: I thought it was suggested 7 games by GW rulebook, not 15.
koadah

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2023 - 13:31 Reply with quote Back to top

The season length depends on the number of teams. I don't recall them suggesting anything. Can anyone tell us which page?

After your 15 games you can also play a tournament. A Major could add a few more.

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2023 - 13:48 Reply with quote Back to top

pedro_fgomes wrote:
15 is also what GW suggested in the bb2020 rulebook.

15 makes sense to me, it gives teams a decent chance to reach a reasonable TV, and it fits nicely with BBT Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2023 - 13:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, yes, but getting back to Clint - NOBODY else voting for either A Fistful of Dollars or Unforgiven? Philistines!
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2023 - 13:53 Reply with quote Back to top

BigChiefSittingDuck wrote:
Yes, yes, but getting back to Clint - NOBODY else voting for either A Fistful of Dollars or Unforgiven? Philistines!

yeah im suprised. Though Good the bad and the Ugly is incredible!

I'm suprised Gran Torino is getting so much love. I agree mind, its so good!

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2023 - 14:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Few Dollars More is way underrated and got my vote.