46 coaches online • Server time: 20:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Re-drafting League Tiers vs NAF Tournament Tiers is there a difference?
Yes.
50%
 50%  [ 6 ]
Yes, but some team tiers are the same either way.
41%
 41%  [ 5 ]
No.
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 12

Nightbird

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2023 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Re-drafting League Tiers vs NAF Tournament Tiers
is there a difference?

I've made a poll w/ the intent to fill in the below tiers through discussion & mutual agreement. Lets discuss.

Re-Drafting League Tiers:
Tier1- Underworld, Human, Orc, Dwarf, Chaos Dwarf, High Elf, Wood Elf, Dark Elf, Elven Union, Shambling Undead, Norse, Amazon, Imperial Nobility
Tier2- Old World Alliance, Chaos Renegade, Nurgle, Vampire, Chaos Chosen, Lizardmen, Necromantic, Tomb Kings, Khorne, Black Orc
Tier3- Halfling, Goblin, Ogre, Snotling

NAF Tournament Tiers:
Tier1-
Tier2-
Tier3- Halfling, Goblin, Ogre, Snotling

Re-Drafting Secret League Tiers:
Tier1-
Tier2-
Tier3-

Resurrection Tournament Secret League Tiers:
Tier1-
Tier2-
Tier3-

Last edited by Nightbird on %b %21, %2023 - %01:%Oct; edited 3 times in total
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2023 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not even sure I agree with the initial proposal. If Megastars are available then I'm not sure Snotlings are Tier 3.
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2023 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

C0ddlefish wrote:
I'm not even sure I agree with the initial proposal. If Megastars are available then I'm not sure Snotlings are Tier 3.

I'd prefer to focus on the teams alone & keep stars out of this exercise. For that purpose snotlings are tier 3.

Be cool to consider secret league teams as well.

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2023 - 21:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Fair enough.

I think OWA are probably most interesting. For resurrection style they have some decent opportunities. With redraft, you have no redundancy on your positionals so redraft hits harder in my mind.....for example with Humans you have 4 Blitzers that can be on different redraft cycles (1 x Rookie, 2 x season 2, 1 x 3rd season). OWA don't really have that option
Kinks

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2023 - 05:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Nightbird wrote:
I'd prefer to focus on the teams alone & keep stars out of this exercise. For that purpose snotlings are tier 3.

But inducements are a key part of some teams strength, particaurly snots and ogres who have the low cost linemen rule. Doing a tier list without considering what stars are available makes it somewhat meaningless.

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2023 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

My redraft tier list would match my rankings found here

With the exception that I expect vampires to change due to the new roster.

And yes I think you need a tier 0 for teams that are just incredibly strong.
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2023 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
My redraft tier list would match my rankings found here

With the exception that I expect vampires to change due to the new roster.

And yes I think you need a tier 0 for teams that are just incredibly strong.

Damn, I had no idea this had been done before. I'd still like to compile a list. However, being that yours include site match statistics, stars will be a factor w/ mega stars negated due to your using competitive stats only. Do you think the tiers change any w/ stars being excluded completely? I'm really looking for team strength alone.

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2023 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

No, megastars are the main problem. Other stars are on the level of other inducements, and I think it's fine to accept things like bribes and therefore the weaker stars. They correctly match (ish) the TV strength of the actual team, so whether you play at the same TV, or down TV and get other inducements, the team strength is roughly the same.

Yes I realize this leaves snotlings as bottom of tier 1, but having seen various coaches play them without bottoming their TV this actually seems accurate to their team strength.
 Jump to: