64 coaches online • Server time: 21:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret Stunty Cup IVgoto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Eddy

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2004 - 02:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Trekamp wrote:
Why not just answer the guys question instead of taking the same amount of time ranting???

why not spend YOUR time looking for the answer (in the LRB and in the forums through the search function) instead of asking others to waste their time for you ? these answers may not be very nice, but at least maybe one day people will actually grow tired of getting bitched at and spend time looking for things BEFORE they get told in an almost insulting way.

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2004 - 02:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah I wasn't trying to be horrible I just thought it was funny.

Considering this is a geek's site and a net geek's site at that I think were all pretty nice and forgiving (Grumbledook exempted)

No one take this kind of stuff seriously anyway and were just having a giggle.

Sorry if I offended anyone Wink

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2004 - 13:39 Reply with quote Back to top

He isnt taking up your time if u dont answer him. Im getting so fed up with the attitude that newbies arent allowed to ask questions. Newsflash: Lots of people HATE reading rulebooks, and learn much more quickly from a few well placed questions in a fitting forum/chat.
Mezir

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2004 - 13:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Wombats wrote:
Trolling is fun, sure
But why withold the answer
Just to be a tool?

I told him where to find his answer, and where to find his answers even faster the next time he has a problem. I think I helped him out a lot more than anyone just giving him the answer.

Give a man a fish...

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2004 - 14:01 Reply with quote Back to top

SunTzu wrote:
He isnt taking up your time if u dont answer him. Im getting so fed up with the attitude that newbies arent allowed to ask questions. Newsflash: Lots of people HATE reading rulebooks, and learn much more quickly from a few well placed questions in a fitting forum/chat.

lol, and why should we care ? they hate reading the rulebook, i don't care, all the info they want is there, and they should use it instead of putting those questions in the forum and wasting everyone's time. for every question already in the rulebook asked, there's an interesting question we don't answer.

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2004 - 15:09 Reply with quote Back to top

/me claps

The only way your going to learn how to play is by reading the rules. Who the hell plays warhammer or even monopoly without reading the rules?

Does anyone remember a 'getting started' link at the top of this page that took you to another link to the living rulebook? I think its probably a good idea to bring it back so new people have an easier time finding out how to play.

Last edited by Glomp on %b %04, %2004 - %16:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
kurre

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2004 - 15:13 Reply with quote Back to top

The rulebook dont say how to TTM in the java client. Or is it in the newest LRB? "If you are playing on FUMBBL and want to know how to throw a teammate then go to page 42".

Eddy: If you think he is wasting your time with his stupid questions why do you even bother answering if you are on such a tight schedule? Wouldnt you have saved a whole lot of your precious time just to answer the guys question and then give him a hint like: "Next time browse through the forums before asking a question that probably have been asked a million times before, so you dont waste our time. Because if you ask a question that i feel is stupid then then i have to answer you sarcastic even though i dont really have the time to".

Its common sense to look through the forums for similar posts before posting a question. But if someone happens to post a question that already have been answered, so what? Just give the guy the answer or shut up.
Jarnageddon

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2004 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Reading the Rulebook wouldn't answer this question, its more to do with how the client operates. the quickest way to get any question answered in my experience is to ask in chat. You can still expect to get about 8 stupid answers for each valid one but it takes less time.

EDIT: I enjoy a good game of Monopoly and have played warhammer and 40k without having read a rule book. I had people who showed me and when I asked a question gave me a valid answer and not a smart ass, snide remark.

Last edited by Jarnageddon on %b %04, %2004 - %15:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
Eddy

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2004 - 15:49 Reply with quote Back to top

well, what if i'm browsing many different forums, and that it's the same problem over and over again, because people are too lazy to move their asses and waste THEIR time searching instead of asking other people to waste theirs ?

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2004 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

You'll see that he was immediately refered to the readme, where this can be found.

Playing a game in real life with people is different from playing it on-line. The fastest way for you, and the least hassle for everyone else, is to look it up. In real life, the fastest way is to ask the guys that you are playing with. If an opponent asks me a quick question in game I give him a straight answer there and then. But if you are going to post on the forums, the least you can do is look things up first.

Maybe people should check this out: Posting and You.

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2004 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

The correct latin quote is "In Medio stat virtus" Very Happy

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2004 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Laughing @ Posting and You

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2004 - 17:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Rolling Eyes What a waste of time of reading all this. I can't even remember the question.

And more funny, the same (a question about rules) will occur nextly. Will it go to the same discussion?
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2004 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

of course, the beginning of my last post is irony.

Beside that, I do also think that the best way to spare you're time is not to read it at all. I do it that way. Some part of the forum, I do not read. Bah what if, he ask a question, that's ok as long as he is fairly new here. If it happens often then be a bit more harsh.

And I can't judge him cause I also would like to know something. When do I find FAQ about living rule book?
Delta

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2004 - 19:26 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
Rolling Eyes What a waste of time of reading all this.

Man...it's never a waste of time when you get to see a link like Mezir's Posting and You.
Certainly made me smile!!