64 coaches online • Server time: 22:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret Stunty Cup IVgoto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Wombats

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2004 - 06:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it's good - I look after new players, give them tips and risk my account getting banned by literally letting them score so their team will develop.

So many of them talk about getting depressed by losing constantly and are surprised I am helping them - what does this say about the average experience for a new player to FUMBBL? A lot of these guys haven't even played tabletop and then get sought out by people like Muttesmutte. I spend two hours a game telling them about when dodges trigger, priority of moves to avoid turnovers, etc.

And I've played coaches with supposedly excellent win records who block with their Ogre first thing and complain to me about turnovers...they must be very lucky or cherry picking very very hard.

I don't care that my coach ranking is never going to shift from 150 - I play for fun.
What I do care about is the friendliness of the community and our ability to welcome newcomers.

Cherry Picking by TR or coaching ability is always going to happen - I know I do it to an extent - but it to that degree it is socially unacceptable by the standards of 95% of FUMBBLers and I think it's worth discouraging.

Nobody should be unnecessarily villified or have a personal attack made on them BUT simply pointing out a publicly available record and sniggering is perfectly fine in my opinion. Mully did a great job of stating the facts without abusing anyone.

If you do Cherry Pick that hard you can wear the opinions of others - I'll be the first to admit I was scared as hell to play bashy teams when I started and I remake my teams more than average.

Jump to: