22 coaches online • Server time: 01:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Glomp

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2004 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep Image

Get that girly thing fixed I need more pretty things to look at in the forums.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2004 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

This is how to avoid stallers
Very Happy

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2004 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

To Stall Or Not To Stall...
IMHO Stall Away, the More you moan the more fun is to Stall is elf wimps!!!!!!

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2004 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

"I stall So I am" said by the great Josef Descartes, wich his grand-grand-grand-grand-grand.....grand-father was the french philosophe Rene Descartes.

Josef really merits more attention.
Delta

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2004 - 21:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I reckon the jan has found the right way to stop it!!

If they stall...kick the living crap out of them.
If they have beaten your team into a bloody pulp and are still stalling....throw your last man at them and block/foul anything and everything you can.

It's quite simple really. Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2004 - 21:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Zippy_Wonderdog wrote:
I don't have problems with people trying to win but it can only be fair to allow the other person to win as well, I've never played in a BloodBowl Tournament IRL but I'm sure if someone tried this they'd be called to account.

Actually, at the GenCon Tournament this year, one of my opponents suggested that I stall at the end of the 1st half..he knew it only made sense for me to do so, since if I scored before the end of the half, the 5 guys in his KO box would have had 2 chances to recover instead of just one.

Delaying is as valid a tactic as is One-turn Scoring or fouling or Caging up, or any other tactic you can come up with. It is a method to use to help increase your winning percentage..it doesn't always work either. I have both stopped and been stopped from scoring a delayed TD before.
Eddy

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2004 - 21:39 Reply with quote Back to top

the other should be allowed to win ? then don't block and don't foul, it'll give him even more chances Smile

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2004 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Captain1821 wrote:
As said above, stalling is a common and acceptable tactic. When your opponent stalls, your job is to force him to score.
Indeed... or if you have a player with leap/strip ball... Smile
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2004 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Stallers deliberately drop the opportunity to score more touchdowns. It is a waste of time to wait more than one turn near the end zone, isn't it?
On the other hand, while you hang on the ball, you prevent the other team from scoring. So, stalling is a kind of defensive play, as any efforts made to conquer a ball, may be regarded as a kind of offensive play.
The observations I made so far tell me that most coaches have a preference of either the defensive or the offensive playing style.
Peacedove

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2004 - 00:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Who cares what anyone thinks? The client gives ME the right to click with my mouse when its my turn, so dear antistalling activist: "mind your own fucking business"
Glomp

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2004 - 01:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh just managed to beat an undead team by stalling for around 4 turns in the second half. I got the ball loose on his recieving turn, passed it to a lineman and ran off up the field to wait by the endzone, while I knocked down any threatening players. He fouled every turn (even after we had resetup in turn 8 and I'd thanked him for the game Rolling Eyes) and utterly failed to spot the stall coming or do anything constructive about it. Thrown rocks and mummies had helped to decimate my forces so defending for those four turns would have been pretty tricky, so good use of stalling + tying up his threats won me the game.

Not especially upset about it too Image

In fact its a good way to punish slow undead players Image
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2004 - 01:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Peacedove wrote:
Who cares what anyone thinks? The client gives ME the right to click with my mouse when its my turn, so dear antistalling activist: "mind your own fucking business"

LOL @ Peacedove

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2004 - 02:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Fouling...part of the game or one turn stall? Touchdowns...fair play or blatant endzone exploit?

If you ever feel that stalling in unfair go play Dwarves or Undead for five games and try to win.

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2004 - 11:54 Reply with quote Back to top

...or khemri, or chaos...

Duh!
Very Happy

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2004 - 12:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Last game I played, I chose not to stall for the tie. You know, to be honorable and stuff Smile I was orc against skaven, with two turns remaining. Naturally I lost (Curse those gutter runners)

And to be clear about my opinion; Next time I'm in that situation, I'm sure as sh*t going to stall Smile
 Jump to: