13 coaches online • Server time: 06:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Qaz

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2004 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I find the thought of being able to trade you players like in real football rather appealing.Very Happy It would be great if you could buy the Thrower you just needed from another team. Or trade them your guard block lino. In need of cash sell off the star he is way too expensive for your team anyways. I know that being able to sell players off to other teams opens up for a lot of problems. Selling off players to own teams could easily be stopped but two friends with two teams each would be harder to spot… Not saying that this should be implimated but it is fun as a thought experiment. Ofc all restriction as of races and maximum numbers in a certain position should apply.

Play along with me here and give me your views on the topic Wink

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
heinz

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2004 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

try to search the Forum. This has been discussed in at least one lengthy thread before. Good readin' Smile

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2004 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Ohh well sorry for that I guess I better start looking more into the forum some more Laughing

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
Mully

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2004 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Horse - dead - beating

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2004 - 01:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Can't see why it would be a problem in Unranked.

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2004 - 01:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I always figgured that players could sell for their worth plus a little mark-up, with 40% going to the selling club, 40% going to the player and 20% going to the league. (ie: the selling team gets about 50% of the players calculated value, the buying team has to pay a little more than that value.)
kurre

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2004 - 01:22 Reply with quote Back to top

It would be cool, but people would abuse the function and in my opinion cheat. Ive played my good share of online games and theres always a whole bunch of cheaters in every game.

Imagine a coach that coaches undead or khemri. He makes one ordinary team, and one team for the now so popular 4 vs 4 leagues. Then he gains quick ssp with his 4 vs 4 team and then buying the players to his ordinary team (i used undead as an example as they always have a shitload of money).

This is just one of the ways people will abuse the function if included, theres a couple of more i can think of and a whole lot more i cant think of.

Thats my 2 cents
Wombats

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2004 - 01:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd love to see a bidding system of some sort - prices could easily be agreed on in IRC and then entered through the website.

Although team members are associated with their coach's unique identifier so it may be a hassle to do and I'm sure Christer has better things to do.

I think most of the people who are down on trading haven't seen the kind of stuff that goes on in Unranked (people trouncing their relatives' Halfling team three times in a row, for example, which just puts them at a higher TR with no coaching skills) and the non-competitive attitude. It certainly should never be enabled in Ranked.

It would be an interesting test of the various team rating/strength formulas to see how they compare to a demand driven market price.

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2004 - 01:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I love the idea.

Wombats.. You can win pretty frequently in the first 10 games with halflings against virtually any team except Dwarves, Chaos Dwarves and Wood Elves (if they have a wardancer).
Arlecchino

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2004 - 01:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Too risk of abuse imo, but it would be nice in a world of honest man. utopy? yes
Michael_Warblade

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2004 - 03:01 Reply with quote Back to top

lol this topic has been discussed in at least 5 seperate threads (3 of which were locked by admins after a short while)

personally I feel that there is too much oppourtunity for abuse although if it ever did come in Ill buy any +ST players people are willing to sell (maybe i could finally attain the dream of a BB roster with all 16 players +ST)
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2004 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Or maybe have a graduated system of payment for high-profile players. Say you buy a rookie human lineman for 50k. Let's call this his salary. As you play games, he gains spp's and skills, giving him a higher "value", so his salary goes up. You pay for this increase out of winnings from games played. Now hold on your complaints, give me a second. We're trying to simulate "real life" a little here...

Buy a rookie lineman for 50k salary. We'll assume the income on each game is the profit after all players are paid their salaries. (Hence higher ranked teams, having higher paid players, will generally see lower income, as their players cut into the profit.) After his first game, he's earned a new skill, and feels the need to renegotiate for a higher salary. You're unable to use his new skill unless you put a little more money into his salary--he's a holdout. Game mechanic: you pay out of team pocket for the skill raise.

Now, here's the kicker--say after 25 games he retires, that niggling back pain just won't let him play on. He takes a 50 percent retirement plan and goes off to live in Fiji, freeing up the other 50% of his salary for the team to use on either rookies or renegotiating experienced players' contracts. Game mechanic: if a player retires, you get back 50% of his current salary as cash to spend on new players/rr's/whatever. If he dies, same thing, just call it a death benefit for his family.

Bottom line, you're paying players for their increased abilities and importance to the team, reducing the cash you have on hand. But as soon as that player is no longer playing, you get back half the cash you put into him over the course of the player's career for immediate use as though income from a game. So if your team is strapped for cash, you retire one of your stars, and boom! Instant money to buy some rookies to fill out your team. Your TR goes down and you no longer have the services of the elite player, but now you got a jump start on rebuilding your team, particularly after a rough match with plenty of cas. This need not be a niggled player who gets retired--imagine the sudden money freed up should a legend, regardless his health, retire? Just like in professional sports--when Elway or Marino retired, you think that freed up some cash for their respective organizations to use on rookie talent? True, the NFL has free agency, which I am not in favor of at all, but the idea of salaries intrigues me...

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2004 - 23:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I also think this idea would be a lot of fun... the European soccer transfer system would probably be the easiest/simplest.

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2004 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I too, love the idea.
But 4 it to work in here(not that it ever will), things should be as follows.
1) Stuntie league teams can only sell to stuntie league teams etc.
2) There´s a list of players where u can add ur player. The transfer list.
At this there will be a fixed date fx. 48 hrs, and until that time is reached everyone can bid.
Highest bidder gets the player. when there´s 2 min. left to bid, every new bid will add 2 min to the fixed time, to avoid last sec. offers.
3) No one can bid lower than the estimated cost by fumbbl.
4) U cannot by players from ur own teams.
This way it´s hard to abuse, allthough some might do it.
annachie

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2004 - 01:26 Reply with quote Back to top

5) you only gat half (or less) of the money for any player you sell.
 Jump to: