29 coaches online • Server time: 09:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Jump up on a tree?goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2004 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Wait...MB better than claw at causing cas? How is this so? MB adds +1 to roll to beat armor, unless it's not needed, in which case it's used instead on the injury roll. Claw does the exact same, except +2. Therefore, without statistics but purely rules review I see claw should cause more cas than MB, as it'll help bypass armor with lower rolls or, if armor breaks already, be more likely to roll higher on injury roll.

Claw: Physical trait A player with a claw may add +2 to the dice roll to modify an Armour roll caused by a block. The claw may not be used to modify an Armour roll caused by a foul.

Mighty Blow: Strength skill Add +1 to any Armour or Injury rolls (not both) made by a player with this skill. This skill may not be used by players with a Strength of 2 or less. This may only be used to modify an Armour or Injury roll caused by a block.

You know what, on reading the actual rules definitions of the two, I see claw has no effect on injury rolls. I guess that accounts for the discrepancy, and I withdraw my earlier argument. I agree now with your statement that at lower av (more likely to pass anyway, no claw/mb help needed) will lend to more cas via mb (as it affects injury roll, whereas claw does not).

Gee, I started this post to refute you, and ended up convincing myself that you're right. Go fig. Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2004 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

lol

Welcome in the club AFK... Very Happy

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2004 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Agrees with browwnrob - get claw RSC and MB - then you can afford to think of little treats such as foul appearance.hehe Very Happy

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2004 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

If you already have claw/rsc, don't get MB, it's a waste of time. Conversely, MB/RSC combo if you're facing av 8 players regularly, or MB/claw if av 9 regularly. This will still generate nearly as many cas as a claw/rsc, freeing up a double for use on FA, spikes (as that player is likely to be targeted for extinction, extra av will help prolong his life), tentacles for more hits, etc...

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2004 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Question? Where does the LRB say that MB and Claw/RSC can't be added together?

Or is it in the client differences from the boatd game?

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2004 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Only one modifer can be applied to any dice roll as far as I know... hence you can't stack RSC/Claw and MB
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2004 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

/me bows before Filov wisdom.

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2004 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I played a chaos team in a local league back in the days of 3rd ed. We agreed to add up modifiers, which was funny...on my DP with RSC...+4 on the injury roll...go figure Smile. Interesting statistics, BTW. Gave my RO pro on a double. Looks like your maths supports my decision.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2004 - 18:27 Reply with quote Back to top

arf.

I love stats and probabilitys not explenations. lol

I wanted someone to calculate these scores.

Oh, and if he could calculate the chances with pilling on too.

If I remeber well claw+RSC+MB on av 7 or 8 has roughly 2/3 chances (66%) to injure opponent.

I would like to try but I guess you will never find an opponent again he he.
Muldvarpen

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2004 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

jan_mattys wrote:

Claw is the man's choice. RSC is just for ppl with bad attitudes AND bad tactic skills.

:

Hmmm NOT

Claw + RSC is IMO on of the best skill comboes in the game, only beaten by blodge. Only downer to the skills is people are less likely to play you
Imerikol

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2004 - 23:41 Reply with quote Back to top

HollowOne,

In running your MB stats, did you include the fact that MB is for the AV roll OR the injury roll and NOT both? Your numbers for MB seem high and I'm guessing you added one to both rolls. If you did run them correctly, WOW... MB rocks. I'll run the numbers when I get home to confirm, but those stats just feel too high.
Korso

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2004 - 23:52 Reply with quote Back to top

* Korso handles the Noble prize to AFK
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2004 - 14:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I do not agree with AFK, I guess he used conditionnal probabilities.

guetting 8 on dices with claw doesn't give you any other bonuses on injury
guetting 8 with MB adds the +1 on injury roll.

I think that's the reason of the differences on the calcul. I think he's right.

I should maybe calcul it to approve it.
Frankie

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2004 - 14:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Totally useless calculations. Neutral

As I tried to suggest above stats are only good to freak you out after half of your casualties are RIPs, while the chance for a RIP is only 1/6...
Imerikol

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2004 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Looking at MB for AV8

58.33 = no injury
13.89 = MB used on AV roll with 41.67 chance of KO+
27.78 = MB used on injury roll with 58.33 chance of KO+

To calculate the chance of a KO+ with MB, we add the chances:

(.5833 x 0) + (.1389 x 41.67) + (.2778 x 58.33) = 21.99% chance of a KO+ with MB against AV8.

In other words, HollowOne got it right. MB is better than I thought. The major reason for this is that is lower the threshold for a KO to a 7 instead of an 8 when you break AV without MB. That one number difference is the largest jump possible on the injury chart.
 Jump to: