21 coaches online • Server time: 05:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Jump up on a tree?goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Lazerus101

Post 5 Posted: Nov 15, 2004 - 23:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone have any good ideas of where I can find a nice icon to use for my new pro elven team?
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2004 - 00:44 Reply with quote Back to top

http://bloodbowl.skijunkie.free.fr/index/english.htm

More icons than you can eat!

It has a lot of cool icons as well.

Hope this helps you out.

Rob
Lazerus101

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2004 - 01:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Wrong kind of icons im afraid im looking for actual team icon.
Mollarom

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2004 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I did a search for family crests and found an interesting icon for my elf team.
nazerdemus

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2004 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

WWW.GOOGLE.COM "Elf Logo" brings up some not bad results

Also your team players all have animal like names and on the bottom right of this page there is group of animal heads that might work

http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=Animal+logo&hl=en&lr=&start=20&sa=N

Last edited by nazerdemus on %b %22, %2004 - %16:%Dec; edited 2 times in total
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2004 - 15:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Just for the sake of clarity, let's call the player icons "icons" and the team icons "logos." You want to know how to change your team logo, right?

Ok, you have two options. You can change your specific FUMBBL Elf team's logo and you can change your own JavaBBowl default for all Elf teams you play with or against.

1. To change your own team logo, find an image. Google image search works wonders. You may need to do some resizing and resaving, which requires an image editor. Let us know what you're using and we'll try to find specific instructions if you need them. This will change the team logo for your specific team only, but it will show up whenever someone is playing with or against this specific team (assuming the option to do so is turned on).

2. To change your JavaBBowl default, you want to open the "positions.ini" file in either Notepad, TextEdit or whatever plain text editor you may have. Don't use Word, just the simplest text editor you have. Open up the file and look for the Elf roster. It will look something like this:
Code:
[ELF]
THROWER=T
CATCHER=C
BLITZER=B
LINEMAN=L
LINEELF=L

Add the following line in there after [ELF]:
Code:
[ELF]
logo=highelf.gif

In this case "highelf.gif" can be any image which is in the pics/teamlogos directory. You can put your own in there and use that name, if you prefer. This will change the default for any Elf team but only on your machine. You can't control what your opponent sees by doing this. That's ok. Your opponent probably should have things set up the way he or she prefers anyways.

You can certainly do both. That way your team has a custom logo and you have a default for any Elf teams you play against. That's what I do, at least.

Jump to: