17 coaches online • Server time: 04:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Blackbox Teamsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup IV
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Korso

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

JohanRonn wrote:
Just let them concede

a win eitherhow is no wasted time.

I agree.
Glomp

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 20:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I remember a guy conceeding against me once.

He kept dodging chaos dwarf blockers and bull centaurs - then fail and hurt themselves.

He left and didn't say anything.

I laughed.

Tee hee hee Very Happy

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2004 - 20:52 Reply with quote Back to top

when i'm bored because the game is broken (it happens), i concede instead of wasting time and getting upset. i'm not saying it is a good thing to do, just that i sometimes can't help NOT wanting to continue playing a pointless, miss-all game ^^

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2004 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

play elf then... you need money so much that you cannot concede Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2004 - 00:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I've conceded twice, each time with High Elves....everybody knows about their huge price, so when after 5 or 6 bloks in turn 2 u suffer 3 dead(ur best players with 20+ SPP), a Niggling and a BH, please tell me what to do with a so cursed team ?????? Of course, apo failed, not fun if it works......

So simply concede if u play HE .............NEVER TELL ME ABOUT THIS DAMNED TEAM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Twisted Evil
Shepherd

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2004 - 00:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh -- KingKhaan beat my pants off last game, and I was thinking about conceding at one point, but I figured swallowing the pain and pressing on would be a better lesson in humility and inspire me to pick up my game...

...but I get tempted sometimes, when it's the last 3 turns of the game and you're down by 2 or 3 goals, they have the ball and they're just holding off the final goal so they can hammer you for cas points. Where's the fun in being a punching bag and possibly watching your better players die???

Er, not that KingK did that, don't get me wrong. But that's when I'm tempted.

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2004 - 01:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I had a game the other day where I ended up with no players left in the game about the 3rd turn of the second half. I didn't know you could concede . . . But I played a recovery game against another weakened team, replaced 2 of 3 nigglers (who had no SSPs anyway) came out with the MVPs from those two games, one nig, and two assistant coaches. Why concede?

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2004 - 01:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I have never conceeded, and will never do.
It´s allmost like a honor thing for me.
No matter how much the game stinks, play through.
And sometimes U benefit from it.
FX. yesterday, when my 4 WE, were up against 11 Orcs with the ball in their possession at the second half turn 3 I think, but still somehow, managed to get a draw.
Delta

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2004 - 02:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I have never conceeded a match. And I think I never will.
If you're gonna conceed when things get bed....why bother even playing.
Wouldn't it be dull if everything always went your way?
Wouldn't you rather try as hard as you can to screw things up for the other player? Against all adversity?
I would.

Hell, I once held a team to a nil-nil draw (and damn near scored in the process) when for the last 4 turns I had 2 players. He has never got over the shame. (because I have never let him!!) Twisted Evil

Never say die.

EDIT: Found the match...0-0 Result

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2004 - 02:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Only times i conceded is when i lost so much so i retired the team after the game. (2 times sofar)
KingKhaan

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2004 - 22:34 Reply with quote Back to top

The 2 times i retired i threw away the team: HE...i did it because i was really upset not to be able to have a HE team that don't suffer a death during 1st game, even vs not specially bashing team.....i won't do it with any other team.....have a nicely niggled DE team, but continue using it......and what u guys say about conceding when ur outnumbered, i didn't do it because of outnumber, but because it was really 3 dead (not BH, not SI) in 5 bloks during turn 2 !!!!! 1 was from a goblin, so imagine the shame for those blue-blood-noble HE !!!!! he would have suicide, anyway Wink

Wanting revenge, i created my first undead team...stupid, clumsy, but as long as u don't lose ur mummies, u don't care of CS...and surprisely, it works better than thosa damned elves......
Moreover, I've realized that HE team is a bad one.....playing elves, think WE are quite better as they do have merits (7MV, a big guy, nice wardancers and possible oneturner) and flaws(7 AV and price).......i continue playing DE just because I like them...
So about conceding, that's why i said JUST CONCEDE WHEN U PLAY HE !!!!! they are a BAD team.....not counting the damnation that is on them....many players told me too

Call to black magician: WHO DID CALL A SO NASTY CURSE ON ELVES ON THIS SITE ????????????????????????????? I want ur name, quickly !!! Wink
SixFootDwarf

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2004 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Call to black magician: WHO DID CALL A SO NASTY CURSE ON ELVES ON THIS SITE ????????????????????????????? I want ur name, quickly !!!

WTF??
shaqpooh

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2004 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I have conceded twice. Once just recently because my new baby woke up. I hadn't even moved my players yet in turn one. Kinda sucks, but not my opponents fault. The other time was I let my cousin try a team on my account, and he dumped out. I contacted the person he was playing and conceded, then retired his team. Then I was told never let anyone on my account again, and the little b@$!@rd got his own account. But I fight till the end! (something I've learned from using flings and gobbos)
Afro

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2004 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I recently lost my Apo for a NI on my 41 SPP Human Catcher (of course he failed) in Turn 2 first half, and after a few more turns, a Guard Lineman died. Should i have conceeded ? Of course, but i didn't. Another 2 RIPs (a Lineman and a Thrower with 35 SPP and Strong Arm ) showed me how brave i am. Brave and incredibly stupid.

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2004 - 00:17 Reply with quote Back to top

SixFootDwarf wrote:
Quote:

Call to black magician: WHO DID CALL A SO NASTY CURSE ON ELVES ON THIS SITE ????????????????????????????? I want ur name, quickly !!!

WTF??

Just to say that to my mind and from what I've heard from other players (not all for sure), elves tend to die quicker than any other races, even ones with less armor....just a curse that says that if u play elves, u'll be bashed Smile
 Jump to: