16 coaches online • Server time: 04:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Jump up on a tree?goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you use the DMU to get games?
Hell yeah.... i fear no-one
72%
 72%  [ 49 ]
No way you might try to hurt my delicate dwarfs (sob sob)
27%
 27%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 68

MorbidDeath

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2004 - 22:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Fair point mate - from your point of view. However - star players are not against the rules and are not realy a viloation of a good sportsmen code.

Each to there own - I understand I would be angry if someone beat me and used a star player if not needed - but those little beards are fearless arneĀ“t they?
hehe

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2004 - 01:26 Reply with quote Back to top

It is a violation of good sportsmen rule if you hire the star after the game was agreed,. that is dishonorable and ungentlemanlike.

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2004 - 19:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, it doesn't help that the Dwarf Stars are crap. hahaha Morg changes games, Grim Ironjaw doesn't.

People like coming after Dwarves cuz they know there's no Big Guy, no ST4 all over the place, no mutations. Just Guard and Trollslayers...s'ok though. So you guys can keep hiding behind your ST4 and your Claw/RSC/Mighty Blow/Piling On...then hiring a ST6 Ogre. No worries.
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2004 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

we come after dwarfs cuz theyre hard to hurt..... thats all. anyone can hurt chaos..... killing teams made up of av9 thickskull and about 9 gaurds... thats a challenge.
However i do agree with mr mojo.... hiring stars after a game has been agreed is ungentlmanly. i have already expressed my opinions about cherry picking within the dmu on the results thread and i will take this opportunity to remind all dmu coaches that this is supposed to be about realy challenging your mangling skills (and luck) NOT just finding the easiest opponent you can and screwing them over.......

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2004 - 02:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I gotta say that dwarf coaches used to line up 10 deep when I used to list my woodies on Gamefinder, nowadays you can't find one to play. I honestly cannot believe it.

I actually contemplated starting a Dwarf team and said as much to one of the DMU staff, but they told me that having two teams on opposite sides of the same group could get me banned because of the potential for conflict of interest.

I just have one question to ask all you dwarf coaches out there...What happened to you people? How ironic that now people want to play YOUR game, ie bash-em-up early and often, and score later, and this makes you hide in fear....pathetic. You have armor 9 and block on almost everyone to start, you silly, little gits! Fouls aren't even all that dangerous anymore and will likely get the fouler ejected leaving you with numeric superiority, how is this something that you don't want to be a part of?

I don't get it...bring out the OMU and let me show you fools how this is suppose to work! Twisted Evil
Glomp

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2004 - 02:50 Reply with quote Back to top

After DMU season ends dwarfs will be back to a game every other month.

Why bother...

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2004 - 05:26 Reply with quote Back to top

what I don't understand is why coaches will play a team of Claw/RSC/Piling on/dirty players, but refuse to pay a dwarf team....

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2004 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I had a similar problem during the last EMU season. Id sit in front of the computer all day watching my requests for games with my orcs be turned down only for the same person too go and play against Golgomoth or Calons skaven who were much better set up to kill elves and invariably made a much bigger mess. After a while i realised that many of my game invites were turned down before the opposing coach could have had time to even look at my team...... i know that dwarfs also have this problem. Some people just have it in their heads to never play orcs or dwarfs. These teams are probably the most "broken" (or at least im regurlaly told that they are) but they are both beatable and bashable.
Unfortunatly there will always be people who wont play certain teams, or wont play against dirty players and even some who only play games against people who wont hurt their teams or beat them....... nothing can change them other than a Annoying Coach Mangling Union.

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2004 - 16:44 Reply with quote Back to top

da_todfather: that's because we all know that there's no point in even asking for a game, because we will get refused hands down.

"Now that's an esophagous!"
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2004 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

??????? Hey Todfather, are you saying dwarf coaches hide since DMU was created?
Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2004 - 17:56 Reply with quote Back to top

What I am saying is that the typical dwarf play-style is to bash first to gain advantage, then put the game away by scoring, while continuing to bash.

DMU, a group that says "you know what? People thought EMU was lame because elves have low armor and don't like to bash, so let's take the bashiest race (arguably) Armor 9, thick skull, block, ST skill access, and let's bash the hell outta them...."

And what do you find? All the same lame arguments as the elf coaches were putting up. "It's no fun playing against someone who is only trying to hurt your team..." Guess what fellas, the elves have been whining the same tune for years, so put that in your Book of Grudges! Twisted Evil

Now I challenged a coach last night and he immediately declined because I identified myself as DMU. We then chatted for a bit and he checked out my record, and decide to play me...he won 2-1 and we each did a pair of casualties (no RIPs). I come away with -1 points in the DMU, and who is hurt by this?
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2004 - 03:32 Reply with quote Back to top

If I could be assured of a steady source of games, I'd be happy to create another dwarven team. However, my last attempt at one had a heck of a time finding 20 games, and then went two months being constantly declined, including higher TR/TS orc/chaos/rotter teams. It was ridiculous, and no sense in keeping a team in one of my 5 slots if I can never get a game with them. You claim there's a ton of you looking for games with dwarves? Tell me just how many is a "ton" of you, and I'll consider creating a new team. Tell me I'll be able to get games with them for longer than the next two months, and I'll actually take steps to creating one. Until then, I'll continue to play with my elves, skaven and humans, who are guaranteed of finding games.

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2004 - 03:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I cant make any ganantees but i will be planning to continue to a second season assuming that theres the interest. If theres a steady supply of dwarf coaches acctualy looking for this makes it more likly. Use the chat room to fix up games and this will also encourage the dmu coaches to use it. Even if you cant find somone in chat then the list of teams is on the group page.... you could always PM the coaches to arrange dmu matches.
This is probably the thing i like best about DMU.... the dwarf coaches acctualy benefit from it (assuming their team survives) and they come to us to test their dwarf teams.
Its like we're providing a service Very Happy
Out of interest im still waiting to see the first dwarf team to give buskopanz a negative score

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2004 - 05:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Dwarf coaches who struggle to find games are either:

a) sissies, purely because the dont wanna play hard matches, or
b) not patient enough to wait for 10 minutes until someone with balls to play a REAL game.

I can get games with my Dwarf team, and that's at 200+ TR. in my last twenty games i have played down in strength 7 times, played about equal 5 times, and played up in strength 8 times. I've played 3 Dwarf coaches, 5 Chaos coaches, 7 Orc coaches, 1 Amazon coach, 2 High Elf coaches, 1 Dark Elf coach, and 1 Chaos Dwarf coach. It's not a completely balanced range, but it is better than some people would have you believe. oh yeah, and in that time we have a casualty difference of +5..... not the horrendous image that all you weak-ass lilly-livered non-Dwarf coaches are so scared of.

And the subject of the DMU is where it gets really interesting. WHY DO YOU LOT NEED A GROUP BEHIND YOU TO JUSTIFY PLAYING LIKE YOU GOT BEAT UP AS A CHILD??? if you want to take out some childhood-related aggression by fouling and clawing Dwarves, Elves, whoever.....why do you need to be in a group to do it? Does it make you feel that it's alright? Does it make you feel all warm and cosy inside?

And please stop pretending that you are doing us a favour.......what do you take us for?

Enjoy the carnage, enjoy the scoring, enjoy every aspect of BB, but do it without all this piffle about "providing a service" and "doing you a favour".....

Really, some people........ Wink

i also figure that i better just state, for the record, that parts of this post were ever so slightly tongue-in-cheek, and y'all should take it like that.......now just g'on back to yer trailers now, y'hear?

"Now that's an esophagous!"
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2004 - 05:26 Reply with quote Back to top

LOL trif.... does this mean i dont get some kind of public service award? Very Happy