24 coaches online • Server time: 08:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Jump up on a tree?goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you use the DMU to get games?
Hell yeah.... i fear no-one
72%
 72%  [ 49 ]
No way you might try to hurt my delicate dwarfs (sob sob)
27%
 27%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 68

Trif

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2004 - 05:32 Reply with quote Back to top

aww, shucks, here's a "I'm a brave little non-Dwarven coach" badge, just like you get at the dentist!

dont say i'm not good to you....

"Now that's an esophagous!"
Trif

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2004 - 05:40 Reply with quote Back to top

also, has it ever occured to you guys that maybe it's not so hard to hurt dwarves? all it takes is one extra assist and they're as easy to foul as darkies or high elves.....

SixFootDwarf

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2004 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, we could do the same thing, Tod...team full of mighty blow and dirty player. Problem is:

1. we have problems finding games as it IS!! You put 8 MBs and 4 DPs on a Dwarf team and who the hell is gonna play that team?? Get real.
2. those Chaos cheese-artists get access to ALL the sames skills we do, PLUS the 4 ST4 guys, PLUS a Big Guy, PLUS mutations! We get what, 2 Slayers? C'mon!
3. and don't give me that Beastman AV8 crap...the most Dwarves can do is +1 to armor/injury. You can get +3 to armor and/or +3 to injury. With a claw all our guys are AV7 anyway....at best.

Quote:

How ironic that now people want to play YOUR game, ie bash-em-up early and often, and score later, and this makes you hide in fear....pathetic

ST4 with Claw/RSC/Tackle/Piling On/Dirty Player is NOT our game. We line up with ST3 and beat people down.

Quote:

You have armor 9 and block on almost everyone to start, you silly, little gits!

"to start" being the operative phrase here. If we were playing rookie games, sure, we'd be fine. But who cares how we "start"?? How many of your guys DON'T have Block by now?? At 200+TR Chaos has just as much Block/Guard as Dwarves, and mutations to boot.

Quote:

Fouls aren't even all that dangerous anymore

What?? Dirty player was still +2 last time I looked...and you can always get assists so it's usually +2 to injury. And why not "anymore"? Foulers only get caught 50% of the time at worst. When it was the "only on doubles" after the first foul, THEN it was hard. If the possiblity is there to foul every turn and NOT get ejected (seen it) then it's dangerous, especially with 3 or 4 dirty players.

My point is: don't go around calling Dwarf coaches "pathetic" and "pansies" because we don't want to play your 5 dirty player, Claw/RSC/piling on Chaos team. Most of us won't do something stupid just because you call us chicken.
Trif

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2004 - 12:25 Reply with quote Back to top

if i'd had the time to write that all down, i would have, and i whole-heartedly agree

paulhicks

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2004 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Again a good spell of coaches using #dmu to find games and many of them putting up good performances. The best so far has probably been those that have played (and embarrassed me)

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2004 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I've played a few games lately vs. the DMU and my Dwarf team is almost rookie again because of it. That's kind of what I meant about all the rants: I've lost just about every Longbeard I had with Guard in the last 4 games. Plus a ST4 one and a Guard/Stand Firm one. Painful. haha

Maybe I'll look YOU up next time, Paul. hehe
Macavity

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2004 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, Realizing the DMU exists is the greatest thing ever!!!! I can't wait to play!!!!! My Dwarves get so lonely... Crush you all soon. Wink

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2004 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh im actualy getting more dwarf coaches now than DMU coaches Rolling Eyes
Remember theres still a while of season 1 left to join and for those of you that have already signed up remember to hang around the chat to find willing victims....woops i mean opponents.

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2004 - 20:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Mac, if you're go after those guys I'd suggest you invest in a dirty player or three first.
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2004 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Only 3???

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2004 - 22:22 Reply with quote Back to top

When I first read this I was so excited for my dwarves. I thought I had finally found a place where my dwarves could get a game any day of the week. So I'm wondering why my challenges placed in the dmu chat have not been answered. Looking forward to whooping anyone who thinks they can stop my dwarves. Let me know when this gets up and running again cuz I'll be your bashing post any day. Hopefully I'll hear from you sooner than later.

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2004 - 22:26 Reply with quote Back to top

D.M.U. season 2 will get going as soon as i get enough interest.
New scoring systems will make it closer and more fair and as you can all see theres dwarfs out here waiting for us.
Well.... the links right down here....what are you waiting for?

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2005 - 06:05 Reply with quote Back to top

D.M.U. season 2 begins mid-day 2/1/05 fumbbl time. Dwarfs AND chaos dwarfs are now legitimate targets so both can use the chatroom to find games.

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2005 - 04:20 Reply with quote Back to top

ok. seaon is up and running and so far bravest dorf coach has to be macavity who came in and took on inkapretatori and give them a mere 4 points. Very Happy