39 coaches online • Server time: 16:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Funso

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2004 - 21:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Both the blitzers on this team rolled gained a skill last match, and both rolled 10 (not a double).

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=132113

Do you think they shoudl both be given the +ma, or is there an alternative?

My personal feeling is give the dodge blitzer the +ma, and maybe the other one something else, but I really don't know.

Any advice?

Also, interested to know whether you guys would buy a thrower, blitzer or witch next for this team? First time I ever played DE, so all new to me.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2004 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd definitely take the +MA on both. Might not be the most strategically prudent move (difference between MA 7 and 8 isn't as great as the one between 6 and 7, for example) but it certainly would be cool.

I say go with the stat increases. More the merrier, in the long run.

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2004 - 21:19 Reply with quote Back to top

both +ma

Speed is everything.
Istarios

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2004 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd take +MA for the Blodger and Strip Ball for the other. As to what you should invest in next, i'd go for a thrower. Getting skills like safe throw and dump-off is a must for any running/passing team.
Funso

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2004 - 21:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the feedback guys, keep it coming.

I don't like Dump-off for anyone but pro-elves, really. Strip-ball sounds good though.
Darkwolf

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2004 - 21:42 Reply with quote Back to top

+ma for both. You never know when an EMU team kills one of them. 8MA is alot of sprints not needed. With 8ma all you have to do is go down field 3-6 squares for a 2 turn td.

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2004 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

The MA is probably the most sensible option

... but I do like doubles! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2004 - 23:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I usually don't advocate movement on skill rolls but dark elves lack in speed and two MA8 blitzer would make up for this really good. Also worth noting is that without general/agility access only you aren't missing any fantastic skills. Also note that strip ball is more effective on a faster player.

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2004 - 23:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Honestly? Players with MA 8 and AG 4 rock like anything. Movement is insanely useful. I can't see how you could even consider not taking extra movement on those guys...
Mully

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2004 - 01:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Movement is insanely useful. I can't see how you could even consider not taking extra movement on those guys...

Why? Because the team has no tackle, no strip ball, no pass block. So basically no defensive skills. With a blitzer already with move 8 and soon 2 WEs with move 7, Id certainly consider a skill over the move increase.

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2004 - 02:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I ended up taking +ma on both blitzers about an hour or two ago.

I have thought about it some more, and I am not convinced +ma on both was the best choice, but it's done now Smile
Eddy

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2004 - 02:12 Reply with quote Back to top

soon ? how soon ? 110k a player doesn't seem something you can afford "soon". and anyway, that'll make a VERY fast team, which will be a nightmare for the opponent's placement.

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2004 - 08:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I would have to say that dark elf blitzers are the player type that I would like most to get +MA on. They have the same access as the linemen on the team so what they really bring to the team is speed (on both offense and defense) and with +MA they get better at this.

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2004 - 10:06 Reply with quote Back to top

And the added speed is far more important than you seem to realise.
Delfs are the slowest of all elves; the extra speed is amazing. Thank Nuffle for the opportunity!

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2004 - 10:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I think you made the right choice (long term) with both +ma

Remember that eventually you will have two other Dark elf blitzerz on the team who you can tailor towards other needs.

Personally with reference to the thrower/witch elf/blitzer debate my preference would be

Max out the blitzers
Max out the Witch Elfs
Then get thrower

With a team of ag4 you can always get away with any one member of the team being a thrower temporarily (good for getting the spp's in)
 Jump to: