22 coaches online • Server time: 02:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post SWL Season 100!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Are Ogres a broken team? Consider LONG TERM
Yes
57%
 57%  [ 96 ]
no
42%
 42%  [ 72 ]
Total Votes : 168

gken1

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2004 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

no, imho people in ranked want to win. gotta protect that ranking which means squat Razz
Britnoth

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2004 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

nazerdemus wrote:
they just dont fit in ranked very well , ranked format is always hard to get games because people can say no , are chaos broken ? is DP broken ? Its very hard to get a game with teams with DPs , in ranked most people want to stay alive more than they want to win games

Chaos with multiple claw/rsc players and several DP are broken yes. They can clear the pitch against just about anything (except probably ogres).

No, most people want to keep their team alive and have a reasonably even chance to win given equal luck. People take multiple DPs because it gets you alot of easy wins.
nazerdemus

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2004 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

do you know what kind of rank you need to have multiple claw /rsc players , its about the time the fluffy elfs have multiple one turners .

And if you dont foul back their DPs get sent off pretty quickly .

Elfs and Skaven are broken they can score in one turn which isnt fair
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2004 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

nazerdemus wrote:

So can the Ogres, even with TR 100.
nazerdemus

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2004 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

damn your right , god the ogres are broken when they dont kill themselves with their complete like of finesse
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2004 - 01:23 Reply with quote Back to top

damn I must agree with eddy. If I would play ogres I will probably win but have to have a recovery or 2. Why should I? I rather prefer to take another opponent, unless I have a squad of blodgers, and in that case the ogres will probably decline the offer.

That's how it goes. I dream of a full claw/RSC squad +2DP but I won't play any game before filling the task.
Britnoth

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2004 - 01:44 Reply with quote Back to top

nazerdemus wrote:
do you know what kind of rank you need to have multiple claw /rsc players , its about the time the fluffy elfs have multiple one turners .

And if you dont foul back their DPs get sent off pretty quickly .

Around 200 TR is enough for a couple claw/rsc/po players and several dp.

Can you explain how high, pro and dark elves get 1 turners so easily? never mind all the slower teams that don't have all that speed. One turning will not win you the game, and you can defend against it much better than a boot to the head or a str 5 guard cage.

Don't foul back eh?

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=594982
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2004 - 01:52 Reply with quote Back to top

wow nazerdamus, he kicked your ass on this game. Khorn is the greatest, I always said it.
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2004 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Ouch!

I got absolutely pasted. I'm now officially a member of the "ogres are broken" club. Not so much from the beating I took--I've received just as bad at the hands of chaos and orc teams. Heck, a darkie squad made 7 cas against me once! The issue was of complete sense of futility. He had 9 ogres, all but one having guard, break tackle on most. Tack on enough rr's to cover the rare bonehead failure, and these guys can just level whatever is in their path! Doesn't matter if you don't have block on most--when you can get 3d blocks half the time, odds are still very much in your favor. There quite simply was nothing I could do, once he gets the ball picked up and into the cage. No way to get to the ball carrier, and once there it's almost invariably 2d-ogre picks. Meanwhile, instead of merely a couple claw/rsc guys to fear, every single one of him has the capacity to retire my team single-handedly. Can't compete without very lucky skill rolls getting lots of guard/dauntless; can't evade his blows back (I thought it was only stunty which had multiblocks net twin MNG's!); can't concede the match without risking having your own stars leave the team in disgust.

So while I'll still be willing to play ogres at low tr's (say 150 or below), I never again will face a 200+ ogre squad.

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2004 - 19:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Playing ogres is like taking a poor team against stunties without dodge. Regular 1 to 1 blocks are 2db, injuries have +1 from mb and some tacklezones are free to take.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2004 - 20:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I do not agree. Hey he's at 10/10/13 overall. Wich doesn't mean ogre are not team killers. That's indeed the problem, you wanna develop a team and end broken. In term of W/L average, they are not that broken.
Vero

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2004 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Who cares about winning if half the team can't celebrate it?
skummy

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2004 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Not only that, but he's not yet up to a full roster of 11 ogres. Start measuring his win/loss then. Ogres are late developers.
Lord_Splutticus

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2004 - 00:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Some FUMBBL Win Percentages
Old World 50
Chaos Dwarf 47
Amazon 47
Chaos Pact 47
Skaven 45
Undead 45
Elf 45
Wood Elf 44
Lustrian 44
Dwarf 42
Lizardmen 42
Dark Elf 41
High Elf 41
Necromantic 41
Orc 40
Human 39
Norse 39
Khemri 39
Nurgle's Rotters 38
Chaos 38
Ogre 35
Vampire 35
Goblin 32
Halfling 27

Concerning net casualties, the Ogres (+0.42) are outperformed by Khemri (+0.99),Dwarf (+0.66) and Orc (+0.46) and closely followed Chaos Dwarf (+0.39) and Undead (+0.35), then there is quite a severe drop in the net casualties-number

also the average and weighted ratings of Ogres are quite pathetic

Some notes :
The Ogres have since been toned down quite a bit, so this concerns the vastly stronger “Grandfather”-teams, the current Ogres wouldn't get the same stats
A lot of the casualties and wins have been made in DivX mainly against other weak rosters
In my personal experience a lot of otherwise competent coaches play poorly against Ogres, probably because they lack experience and/or are intimidated by the Wall of Flesh... I have met a few coaches though that knew how to exploit the Ogre's weaknesses... It felt like getting a BB-lesson, I didn't stand a chance, they beat me time and again...

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2004 - 01:22 Reply with quote Back to top

agility team is fun to play vs ogre (althou you may pay a certain price). but str team is pointless imho. in the long run and 'tourneylike' coaching you can only win by the dice.
 Jump to: