18 coaches online • Server time: 05:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Jump up on a tree?goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Cortelll

Post 18 Posted: Dec 19, 2004 - 19:26 Reply with quote Back to top

The Vampires need you,
I would like to make a contest to create a new vampire team. Each player will be able to create a new vampire team with whatever rules they want. After 15 new vampires’ teams have been created I will make a poll to determine what team the Fumbbl community likes the best. I will submit the team winner with at least 100 signatures to Bowl bowl Central for a team review. Maybe your ideas will help to create a new Vampire team!!
Here is my vampire team Idea:

0-1 Vampire Lord 6/5/4/9 140k Hypnotic Gaze, Regenerate (he's a member of the team not a freebooter or star player)
0-6 Vampire 6/4/4/9 120k Hypnotic Gaze, Regenerate, Off for a Bite
0-12 Thrall 6/3/3/7 40k

Rerolls 70K
Apothecary yes

Off for a bite= A player with this characteristic must occasionally feed on the blood of the living. At the start of any action, roll a D6. On a 2+ the player may carry out the action as normal. On a '1', however, the player is overcome with a desire for blood. The player's team loses the declared action for that turn and the player must instead make a Move Action. If the player ends his action standing adjacent to a Thrall from his own team, the thrall is immediately stunned, no injury roll is needed as the thrall did not get injured just stunned, If the player does not end his action next to a Thrall from his own team, then he runs into Reserves to find a pretty maiden groupie to quench his thirst. Place him in the reserves box, this is a turnover.

Vamps Group

Last edited by Cortelll on %b %19, %2004 - %19:%Dec; edited 2 times in total
Glomp

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2004 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

'If the player ends his action standing adjacent to a Thrall from his own team, the thrall is immediately stunned, no injury roll is needed as the thrall did not get injured just stunned'

Just adding that to the rules would make vamps a much better team (and would be the way to go IMO)

+AV on the vamps in addition to the lord on the roster is excessive.

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2004 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree. Downgrading OFAB so that it only causes a stun is within reason, but AV9 vampires with a Str 5 Ag 4 non-Big Guy is just insane.

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2004 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I've played just a few games with vampires, but so far I wholehearthedly agree that downgrading OFAB to just stun result should already be enough (and would make more sense from a "background" point of view - vampires don't usually kill their victims, ESPECIALLY the thralls of their herd).

Sure having AV9 would rock Wink but as others have said, it would probably be excessive.

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2004 - 20:30 Reply with quote Back to top

So inquisitorpustus,HollowOne, and Garaygos team would be

0-6 Vampires 6/4/4/8 110k hypnotic Gaze, regenerate, off for a bite
0-12 Thralls 6/3/3/7 40k

Off for a bite:Off for a bite= A player with this characteristic must occasionally feed on the blood of the living. At the start of any action, roll a D6. On a 2+ the player may carry out the action as normal. On a '1', however, the player is overcome with a desire for blood. The player's team loses the declared action for that turn and the player must instead make a Move Action. If the player ends his action standing adjacent to a Thrall from his own team, the thrall is immediately stunned, no injury roll is needed as the thrall did not get injured just stunned, If the player does not end his action next to a Thrall from his own team, then he runs into Reserves to find a pretty maiden groupie to quench his thirst. Place him in the reserves box, this is a turnover.

Vamps Group
Vero

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2004 - 21:01 Reply with quote Back to top

0-6 Vampires 6448 110k Hypno, regen, ofab
0-12 Thralls 6337 40k
rerolls 70k
apo for thralls.

Expofab.

Hmm. Looks familiar.
DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2004 - 21:21 Reply with quote Back to top

give vamps a lord and downgrade ofab and there perfect

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2004 - 23:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Or leave them like they are and they are perfect... Vamps are supposed to be a little bit weaker than the other teams and hard to coach (similar to Rotters, but stronger than Goblins and Halflings).
Cortelll

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2004 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah hard to coach... because you only got 6 players to play at the beggining of the 2nd half!!

Vamps Group

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2004 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Only if you put to many Vamps on the pitch...
Cortelll

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2004 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

6/3/3/7 thralls only get you so far Smile

Vamps Group
tza

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2004 - 19:09 Reply with quote Back to top

start by changing OFAB and see how they go from thereon?

imo OFAB should be changed, period (applying to stunty leeg as well)
Greenfort

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2004 - 19:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I see ehat You mean Cortelll, but that´s what most teams get as linemen. They shouldn´t get a lord who isn´t a big guy, that would indeed be insane!!!
One of my friends plays vamps and they keep eating their own team, it´s fun but a bit to much perhaps. Downsizing OFAB sounds ok, but victims should still be able to end up in KO.

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2004 - 19:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Bloodlust is fine as it is... you just have to play with Bloodlust in mind. Don't set up more than 3 Vamps (or 4 if necessary). Give all Vamps Pro as a skill. Don't move them if it isn't necessary.

And don't forget, skaven have 7/3/3/7 Linemen, that 1 MA doesn't make a difference whether they survive or not.
Cortelll

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2004 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, they also got a rat oger, a pretty good guy 8/2/4/7, two blitzers, and two passers, and none of them eat their own Smile

Vamps Group
 Jump to: