19 coaches online • Server time: 07:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Jump up on a tree?goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2004 - 06:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Laviak wrote:
I didn't read the whole thread ... but i have no problem with groups like the EMU existing ... but it would be nice to be able to easily tell if a team is a member of a particular group. Yes, i know you can check all of the group pages ... but it would be nice if more coaches included notes in the team bio indicating which groups they are in (and possibly how well they are doing in the group).

bio hi my names fred im a member of EMU so far i have tooken 28elf skulls all from fouls, im leading the group with a whopping 300points and iv yet to score in a game
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2004 - 06:14 Reply with quote Back to top

paulhicks wrote:

*paulhicks fouls vangorn to death then wanders off laughing...... now thats schadenfreude

"GOT SCHADENFREUDE?" could be Dmu's pun

iv jus mailed this thread to myself Copyright! Rolling Eyes

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2004 - 06:19 Reply with quote Back to top

i was thinking "D.M.U. Season 2.... this time its schadenfreude"

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2004 - 06:56 Reply with quote Back to top

lol

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2004 - 14:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Damn... me smarter than me thought.

I just wanted to kill elfs!

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2004 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I just played some psycho that fouled 15 of 16 possible times during the match, and it pissed me off. I dont care if some of his co-psychos think that 'I dont have what it takes' or that 'I should get over it' - thats very good for you (go play each other), but not good enough for me.
I play games because I like it, and because I like spending time in that 'gaming room' with someone who likes it as well. But when I find myself in that room with someone who clearly is absolutely antisocial, I just want to get out.
I dont want to spend 1½ hours in the company of a hater, its that simple.

In the game I mentioned, he of course won, because I'm not that good and I realized his tactic too late, and could'nt catch up. So in the end I had 3 players standing and he could score a measly 2 TD's.

And then a tecnical question:
How do I filter out those players? I dont know what EMU, DMU and Kaos Horde is - how do I see who's in them?
And secondly, is it possible to concede matches, and how is it done?
Mully

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2004 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont think you played a EMU, etc coach.

Just someone that sounds like he will join one of the MUs one day.

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2004 - 15:16 Reply with quote Back to top

ive just checked your match records luchau and you havnt been M.U.'ed. You were dealt with by a freelance psycopath and id like to thank you for helping prove my point Very Happy
if he had been in an MU then others (not you cuz you dont know yet) would have a list that they could find him on and know not to play him if they dont like violent games. As for you, to find out the MU lists check in the groups. I wont claim that we are in anyway nice coaches (on the field) but the one positive thing is that the M.U.'s provide the ranked world with a "this guy is a psycho" list. Your post has merely proved that many people do it regardless of any points to be won. I know i do it anyway although i only foul on turn 16 if the coach im playing is a total jerk (check my coach bio if you care or want an example)

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2004 - 15:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Just out of intrest , apart from fouling every turn , what was this guy doing to be " Psycho " . If he was being abusive you should report this to an Admin , as this is something that isn't tolerated here.
If the only " Psycho " thing he did was to foul you each turn then I would suggest that you don't insult people for playing a game by the rules .

you can concede a game by right clicking on the blue surround border of the pitch and selecting concede match .

watch out for players with multiple Dirty Players if you are looking for a "clean" match
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2004 - 15:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I think this thread has gone long enough now. We are all just rehashing each others opinions now and they can all be found on other threads anyway.
I hope everyone knows how to avoid a game with a MU coach now (if you choose to play that way) and there is nothing we can do about those freelance psyhcos.... get rid of us and there will be a lot more of them.
Now lets not bother keeping this alive any longer. *paulhicks fouls the thread to death

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2004 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Apothicary roll (1) . Apothecary Fails Emu , Dmu and the Kaos Horde Thread has been KILLED
mutescreamer

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2004 - 15:39 Reply with quote Back to top

As much as I try to avoid games with MU members. I still quite like the idea of their existence. (in my crazy imaginery world where blood bowl exists) there is likely to be some teams more content on carnage than results.

Indeed, if anyone here has ever had the misfortune to play sunday league football (soccer to those west antlanticans =P) then you will realise that some (real life) football teams deserve the letter M.U at the end of their names. All in all I just think it adds another dimension to an already interesting game.
nazerdemus

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2004 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Would you like to cast "Raise Dead" on Emu , Dmu and the Kaos Horde Thread
Pelzmuff

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2004 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Nothing wrong with strategic fouling. But there's a point where that fouling becomes a bit silly, which is why I often stop after putting some opposing players out of action. It's true Sinner, elves or even skaven are good to play strategic fouling teams. Moreover heavy foulers tend to be rather lazy coaches, once they are accustomed to constant powerplay. In a game with even numbers they often can't hold their own. IMO, all of it Wink
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2004 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

*paulhicks starts waving a gun around with a wil look in his eye*
ahhhhhh bad thread go away..... die die