20 coaches online • Server time: 06:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Jump up on a tree?goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Carny

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2004 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Now, I'm sure there have been times in all of our lives when we complained bitterly about how the Random Number Generator cost us that game, or that TD, or the Star player, etc. After a game with Macavity when I rolled at least one 1 (yes, I know) each turn (and I did count) amounting to about 12 turnovers on my part throughout the game, in spite of rerolls, while he suffered a single turnover on a pass which, I believe failed on a 2...something occurred to me. The RNG is, in fact, a very accurate representation of how poorly I roll dice in real life. As someone who has played a lot of Risk in his day, I'm fully aware of this. Also, Standalone games - interesting fact here...as far as I can tell, usually the luck meter in JBB (for whatever it's worth) usually marks my luck at about 45-50% each game, while my opponent almost certainly finishes over 60%...However, when I played SA games against myself, both teams rolled ridiculous numbers of 1's...odd? I would say so. However, if you want to go through my match record, and determine if I speak truth, go ahead - I'm aware that I've outlucked my opponent about half and half - here's some highlights for anyone who cares...
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=600735
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=581248

I'm not even sure what my point is, but I thought it was interesting to point out that my poor rolling in real life seems to be remarkably accurately simulated by the RNG...

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2004 - 23:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Not again....

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2004 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

lol

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2004 - 23:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I guess I have you to thank for the double +ST and +MA advance I had the other day. Thanks buddy! Happy New Year!

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2004 - 23:59 Reply with quote Back to top

And I have him to thank for my only team with a winning record keeping its undefeated record!!!! What a Man!!!

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2005 - 00:42 Reply with quote Back to top

pwned

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2005 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Just had a tabletop game with my Zombie team against a Goblin team... I broke armor once in the game, and only because Nobla had his Chainsaw running... that's armor 7, 2d Blocks all around... I did get the trolls out though, as I stacked so many zombies around them I auto penetrated their armor, and my DP managed to KO them Smile

So whenever people cry to momma about the Random Generator I laugh... real life dice ownz the generator any day.