25 coaches online • Server time: 01:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Christer

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2003 - 18:19
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

It's a matter of playing your strengths and making sure your opponent can't use his.

If you're letting three mummies pile on every other turn you're obviously doing something wrong.

Move your team around.. Put pressure on the ball before they cuild the cage..

I have played khemri myself and I know how hard it is if your opponent knows what he's doing..

But sure.. If you play their game and try to bash them, you'll get ripped to shreds... The number one defence against piling on mummies is to let them do their pile on turn 1 and then move away...

-- Christer
gophur

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2003 - 01:36 Reply with quote Back to top

my khemri team had real issues playing elves and other fast teams. Get a kicker and kick the ball deep so they can not form a cage involving their mummies without a pass. zip around the mummies and gang up on the 3 str low armor skellys. If you can get 2 points in the first half you have almost guarenteed at the very least a tie vs khemri as they have real issues putting up more than 2 points in a game.
MortLegosi

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2003 - 01:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Yenloway, in order.

Mummies with piling on are not guaranteed to break armor, double ones always fail.
If yer lettin elves end the turn next to this guys mummys, you deserve to be 11 men down at the end of the game. If they use pilling on, it should be even easier to avoid getting hit.
Assuming that 11 of yer players get on the injury table, as you calculated, lets look at the break down. A good number of yer boys (15 outta 36 if i calculate correctly for mighty blow) should be merely stunned. We'll say outta yer 11 that looks like 5. A good number should be merely koed, and if yer makin tds like a proper elf, you should be getting them back quickly enuff. (somethin like 11/36) countin out 2 to the KO bin, you only have 3 injuries a game. Apoth one, and 1/4 the time, yer other injured will be back for the next game anyhow.

I would say the combination of stats and skills make an impressive team. An ag 2 with SH and an ag3 have a close to even chance of pickin up the ball in the open, without counting re-rolls. However, should that even chance fail for the ag 2, the ag 2 may not re-roll with a team re-roll. Something about not being able to re-roll a die for the same roll more than twice ever or something.

I find stopping a cage by delaying it for 8 turns easier than stopping an elf team. Look at the bloodbowl tactics round here if you can't figure out to slow a cage to a crawl. Things only get ugly is someone gets smart and trys to break the cage when it's still protected.

Yeah, thats true, your gonna get punished playin elves gainst undead no matter what you do.

I believe that there is no undervaluation of STR goin on. but thats just me.

BTW, when yer dealin with piling on mummys, wait for yer opponent to leave one undefended, and foul the livin bejesus outta it. No one expects it from elves. There is nothin in the world more satisfying than watchin the undead fearing for their precious little mummys un-life.
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2003 - 03:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Unless the undead have a Dirty Player and just wait for you doing that Smile.

-Mnemon
 Jump to: