20 coaches online • Server time: 08:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Jump up on a tree?goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2005 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

As long as they don't die or niggle all of them at the same time, it is ok with me, because until the next death a new player will be developed with those 1-2 important first skills.

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2005 - 18:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I've had players who get up on the Top 10 lists, who surpass 100 spp without injury, and the loss of them is quite a blow to the team. But in almost every instance, it's a player who can be regained with a bit of hard work and patience, as they're mostly standard skills. But the unique ones, those which require luck on the skill rolls, those are the hard ones to take. My most unique player who I can't see ever truly replacing is Sasquatch, one of the most unique storm vermin you'll ever see. Sure, I could've made him a killer, but then he wouldn't be the personality he's become on-pitch. I look forward to the day this rat might become my first ever legendary player...

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2005 - 19:09 Reply with quote Back to top

My only bad reaction to death is from fouls or crowd pushes. I have no problem when players die on their feet from blocks. At least someone is getting 2 spp for my players death. When players die from fouls or the crowd (which noone can save) it upsets me for about 1 minute.

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2005 - 19:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Darkwolf wrote:
My only bad reaction to death is from fouls or crowd pushes. I have no problem when players die on their feet from blocks. At least someone is getting 2 spp for my players death. When players die from fouls or the crowd (which noone can save) it upsets me for about 1 minute.

way to swing the conversation back to this old baby ....
ViQtor

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2005 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a pretty young team that I've got pretty well attached to or rather I think of it as an act of devine mercy if one of my numbers die... they have two rules "We'll never retire" and "you can sleep when you are dead"
this has come from lots of bad luck early in the team's career, it is actualy a remake of a team thet got lots of guys killed the first game so I recreated the survivors to this team that allso got quite desimated the first games...
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2005 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Shepherd wrote:
Zen buddhists believe that things are broken when they are created. If you drop a glass and it shatters, you have not broken the glass. The glass was broken when it was made. It has followed its own path to its inevitable destruction.

Ya know what? If it wasn't for the whole intoxicant thing, I'd probably have converted to Bhuddism already. This perfectly sums up my thinking on the subject.

The loss of a favorite player is a sad thing but an inevitable one. Lament the loss, enjoy the memories, write an obituary or a nice bio and adapt.

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2005 - 20:41 Reply with quote Back to top

For a player's death I have only the following.
It goes along with that zen buddist slant.

Lisa: Look on the bright side, Dad. Did you know that the Chinese use the same word for "crisis" as they do for "opportunity"?
Homer: Yes! Cris-atunity!

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2005 - 01:02 Reply with quote Back to top

So...wich one is better?? To loose that special player or to watch in Horror when the entire team gets slammed into Oblivion in a couple of turns...

Better to loose the player as long as the team survives. If it turns out that the player was the team then maybee it was for the best. Better to have loved and lost than not loved at all...
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2005 - 01:25 Reply with quote Back to top

When Capt. Dizzy finally bit it (and he desperately deserved it at that point) I was a bit sad that he would never climb higher on the Top 10 wardancer blockers list...but still proud of his many accomplishments in getting onto that list in the first place...and his team fought bravely on without him.

He was great, but the Insurrection lives on forever...the only thing that can truly kill a team is its coach...the only thing even remotely worth retiring a team for is FF dropping down to 1.

Capt. Dizzy's spirit speaks: "Down to 6 players for next match? Suck it up! I've been in plenty of games where we've had barely 7 to field, some with niggling injuries! The franchise is what matters! And by the way, to all the other Wardancers on the Fumbbl Top 10 Blockers list - try and do it my way and be a man - er - elf - man-elf. Make it up there without resorting to Mighty Blow and have the nads to die on the pitch you cowardly cutlets, not sitting at home in the forest all fat and retired!"
 Jump to: