28 coaches online • Server time: 08:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Jump up on a tree?goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
are orc blitzer to cheap so in the start orcs are overpowered
Yes
21%
 21%  [ 19 ]
no
57%
 57%  [ 50 ]
Orc blitzer are the orc team therefor cheap
12%
 12%  [ 11 ]
no human blitzers are to expensive
8%
 8%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 87

simme

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2005 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

i was just wondering are theese guys to cheap in the beginning compared to the human blitzer -mv + amor making them amor 9 pretty good base to work on

whats you opinion

plz write your opinion

Simme
SergeiBautin

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2005 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I couldnt agree more. Orcs have too many options compared to many other teams. And in the long run, orcs superior armour value is what saves them from injuries.

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2005 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't underestimate that extra point of movement on the human blitzer, though. It means the difference in being able to score in two turns without using a gfi; of getting that one step closer to hit the opposing ball carrier/lend an assist; etc. Sure, the +av helps the orc to live longer, but the +ma on the human helps to win more games along the way.

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2005 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't believe that orc blitzers are cheap. That minus in the ma counts for alot, less mobilety on the pitch. the extra armor makes up for the lacking ma.

stormknight

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2005 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd say orc blitzers are just 10k underpriced. The human blitzer is priced about right, I think... the other human positionals are cheap, so I can't see what you'd spend the cash on otherwise.
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2005 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Orc blitzers are not overpriced at the outset. Rather, it is in the long term development that orc blitzers become dominant. That AV 9 let's them have long careers as a group, and combined with the fact they are the "go to" guys when a score is needed they have nice long careers in which they rack up impressive spp totals.

considering what 90k will buy you on a norse team, I don't think there is much justification in raising the price to 90k. That said. I think orc blitzers are the best players in bloodbowl and would still buy 4 of them at 100K Smile

If you want to tinker with orcs, just lose the BG, which imho would stink, but don't mess with a player that has been good for damn near 15 years.

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2005 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

It's similar to the reason why High Elf teams have cheaper throwers than Dark Elves, or why Gutter Runners are only 80k, Zombies are only 30k etc. It's a deliberate balancing mechanic to emphasise the strengths of a particular team.

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2005 - 20:39 Reply with quote Back to top

So colin what you mean is that orc blitzers are the essential part of an orc team? or not
nazerdemus

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2005 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

simme wrote:
So colin what you mean is that orc blitzers are the essential part of an orc team? or not

Each Team opperates as a Gestalt Entity and are not their individual parts but the sum of all of their parts .

or yeah I think thats what he means Wink
Glomp

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2005 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Since its easiest to work out player cost is to look at human stats then add or subtract based on greater or lesser stats.

Orc blitzers are a straight tradeoff MA for AV so their cost is entirely acceptable.

Personally I think MA6 on the teams main scorers blows, but then again that can be increased where as AV can't.

Go vault go!

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2005 - 21:19 Reply with quote Back to top

You can also ask if Orc Rerolls are too expensive because they cost 10k more than Human Rerolls.
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2005 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Considering the entire team just about has strength access, no, they're not too expensive. Besides, expense of RR's is only a factor very early in team history--generally by the time any team reaches 15-20 games they'll have all the RR's they'll ever need, often times earlier than that. Increase the cost by 10-20k, all you do is add another game before the magic number of rerolls is reached. *shrugs* Am I the only one who thinks price of RR's isn't really that big an issue? (Unless RR's cost like 140k each, such as for Pact teams, but they have other issues to worry about as well...)

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2005 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think that Orc Blitzers are too cheap. However, as has been said by more people, it's more the potential of the Orc team in the long run that is unbalancing.

The armour lets them survive, and imo 4 Black Orcs is what makes the team a killer. It means that you could potentially field a team without any linemen, which should be impossible. (More a preference than anything else. Why have linemen, if they do not appear in the field. You could field 4 blitzers, 4 BO, a thrower, a big guy and a goblin. A good set-up.)

And also, that -MA can be compensated by the Orcs via skills like sprint and sure-feet. That human blitzer will not be able to increase his AV.

So, bottom line, ony looking at the player, I do not think that the Orc blitzer is over- or underpriced. I have always felt, as long as I play the game (which is about 10 years now), that somewhere the Orc team as a whole seems to be unbalanced compared to the other teams out there.

Jazz
Darkwolf

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2005 - 21:53 Reply with quote Back to top

After 45 games with my orcs, I have lost 3 blitzers and 4 bobs. 2 blitzers and 1 bob have died. The others have been retired due to nigglers (only 1 from age, as they did not make it far spp wise).

9av does not make you immune to injury. It is slightly better long term, but does not make you a tank. Now an orc blizter may roll +stats and a human blizter cannot roll +1av, is besides the point and assumes u can get lucky rolling +stats.

I like human blizters, the extra ma can make them effective two way players. Orcs still get bogged down on passing and unless you build your blizters to be runners, a few missing players can shut down their offence. They are still a great team, but again the only way you win is by scoring tds. Bob's aint a threat to do that, 5ma throwers are a mild threat and gobbos are fragile. 4 human blitzers with skills like guard, mb etc compare very well to the orc blitzer. Ever see a 8ma human blizter with frenzy? That is just as scary as an orc blitzer with guard, mb and another skill.

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2005 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

well, i don't think ive ever seen an orc blitzer with sure feet or sprint in 10 years of blood bowl. and human blitzers can get these skills too, so they'd keep the advantage. not really such a great argument Razz
 Jump to: