24 coaches online • Server time: 03:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Jump up on a tree?goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
are orc blitzer to cheap so in the start orcs are overpowered
Yes
21%
 21%  [ 19 ]
no
57%
 57%  [ 50 ]
Orc blitzer are the orc team therefor cheap
12%
 12%  [ 11 ]
no human blitzers are to expensive
8%
 8%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 87

Glomp

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2005 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

You also have to get the BOBs skilled enough to be dangerous, which isn't going to happen lets face it.

George Bush and Chums had a resonable run in faction over the course of 39 games they lost or had retired:

4 Blitzers
1 Black ork
1 Lineman
1 Thrower

They also ended up with 4 niggling injuries on:

The troll
The good thrower
The 2 good linemen

Not a great deal for nearly 40 games, but when you consider how long some of these guys take to skill its a pretty high turnover rate.
Orcs being 'overpowered' has been discussed before, but I think its just scaremongering. I can usually take your average orc team to pieces due mainly to their crippling tactical limitations.

I.e speed, agility, exp being concentrated on certain players

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2005 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's my cripple list from 37 games... the team is beat up pretty good too... some nice players in the "n" column Smile

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=pastplayers&team_id=11880
Arlecchino

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2005 - 03:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Orcs are the best team in BB, who don't undestand that don't undestand the game imo. Wink

Oh yes i've an orc and an human team.
Glomp

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2005 - 19:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Chaos Dwarfs are the best team in BB.

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2005 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Have you all forgotten your history? If you recall, it was indeed the Orcs who first fell through the ground and into the sacred field where they discovered the rule book of Nuffle. They are the "inventors" if not caretakers of the game. And if they worked it so they had just a "little" advantage over anybody else who happened to play...well...that would be their prize for bringing the game to the people! Wink

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2005 - 20:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Orc Blitzers are slightly underpriced it seems but their throwers are pretty bad with MA5. a human thrower costs the same and has the same stats except for the MA for example.

I feel it evens out. The only thing I´d change is remove the option for goblins. Removes one turn-scoring option to boot.

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2005 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I think orc blitzers have a reasonable price, because they have to be scorer and blitzer (a goblin isn't really a scorer to count on), so you need to be able to afford all of them any time soon after you start the team. Human Blitzer are kind of luxury player(and indeed really good ones). They are as fast as any non-elf-scorer (yes, a Gutter Runner is a degenerated Elf) but you do not need him to score because of the even faster Catcher. Take one or two out, nobody will notice it (every developed human team has a lineman that is a better blitzer than the regular, non-stat-increased orc blitzer; a good orc lineman has still MA5, and that makes him a really poor blitzer)