19 coaches online • Server time: 03:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post Inscription JBL Sais...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Nordmark

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2005 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Play both. They all have their ups and downs. Somedays you feel like playing frenzyfanatical ballhunting. The other day you just wan´t to mash the opposition to the ground. Both are very fun.
Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2005 - 15:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:
Eg: show me one elf or skaven team, that plays !only! against orcs, khemri or chaos and is still high tr or even able to put up 11 players each game.

This statement is crazy. Show me any basher team that does the same, proving that a basher team can better take a bash than an elf team.

Or flip your example and show me a chaos team that wins a league with 7 other teams that are all elves. They might win the bash contest (though I doubt it), but they won't win the league, perhaps not even a match!

BTW, I'm a basher, but not on the level of deathgerbil or buskopanz Twisted Evil Wink
Nordmark

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2005 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Da_Todfatha wrote:
BTW, I'm a basher, but not on the level of deathgerbil or buskopanz Twisted Evil Wink

Is anyone?

But Todfatha is right. There is a very good balance in this game (more or less). Use the advantges of the team you are playing. It usually works.

Also agree with Optihut below ------------>

Last edited by Nordmark on %b %30, %2005 - %15:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
Optihut

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2005 - 15:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:
Bashy Teams are stronger - in the long term.
What if a wood elf team plays in a league of 8 teams, where the other 7 teams are only chaos - and all 7 have claws and or mighty blow?
I'm sure that the elf team will only be able to play 8-10 games, then it's over. It has to retire. Agility teams can only survive because not everyone wants to be the coach of a bashy team. The system is unbalanced.

Eg: show me one elf or skaven team, that plays !only! against orcs, khemri or chaos and is still high tr or even able to put up 11 players each game.

Well, the opposite is true too: If you have a league with 7 fast teams and 1 basher team, the basher team most likely won't qualify for the half finals.

In an open system like ranked games here, basher teams can develop and losing doesn't matter all that much. However, since there's no cup, it would be foolish to play against teams that are just built to take the other team apart, when you're playing an av7 team.

Only in a closed league with a fixed number of teams you could guage which team would be more effective in the long run.
Smegish

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2005 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

In an open system like ranked games here, basher teams can develop and losing doesn't matter all that much. However, since there's no cup, it would be foolish to play against teams that are just built to take the other team apart, when you're playing an av7 team.

Only in a closed league with a fixed number of teams you could guage which team would be more effective in the long run

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=647
Well then you should take a look at the Southern Wastes League, in particular the Premier Division (which no team can start in, must be promoted from the lower divisions).
In the Premier division we have: 2 Lizardmen(generally bashy), 2 Orc(again, usually bashy), 1 Chaos (bashy), 1 Dwarf (bashy), 1 Undead (bashy), and 1 Human team.

This would show that over the long term in this league at least, the bashy teams have been more succesful than the more agile teams, maybe simply because the bashy teams survive long enough to get that far without getting retired.
origami

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2005 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I've never considered lizards to be particularly bashy. Sure, they have 7 players with high str/av, but the rest of the team breaks extremely easily. I've always considered them to be more of a speed team - like skaven or humans.

I guess that brings me into another point - dividing teams into agility and bashy leaves out the teams like those mentioned before whose focus is more on speed. Personally, I find those to be the most fun to play.

However, to get back to the point of the thread - I find agility to be more fun because I like scoring, but it is also nice to have a bashy team or two to play when you get tired of taking all of the cas that comes with low av.
Mully

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2005 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

In a league where you CANT cherry pick (ie even dixztribution of races) the bashy teams tend to dominate in the long run.

Sooner or later the agility team gets pounded intot hye ground and has to rebuild.

Current BB rules favor bash and the vault does it even more ------>see vault threads

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2005 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

dixztribution????

WTF are u smoking Mully

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2005 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Long running tournaments and leagues are dominated by bashers. Shorter TR100 tournaments or those for non improving teams are unlikely to be dominated by bashers.

Michael_Warblade

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2005 - 22:39 Reply with quote Back to top

TR100 tourneys are generally dominated by Dwarves, Norse and Amazons because of the amount of skills these teams have at low TR note that generally Dwarfs and Norse are considered as bashers so yes even TR100 tourneys can be dominated by bashers
golan

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2005 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

if TD were paid better, and losing a game had some penalties (now is just few bucks less) bashy teams would think about it.
BTW, I prefer playing a mixed agility/bashy style with dark elves.
Now I'm experimenting with chaos and nurgle.
Glomp

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2005 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Erm high elves.

Nearly AV8 all round.
Elvish.
Broken.

Everything non AG4 is harder to play.

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2005 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

inquisitorpustus wrote:
Erm high elves.

Nearly AV8 all round.
Elvish.
Broken.

I agree. Any guy gets +AG and the others are given Block-> you've got a wicked team that can survive even in the long run.

AV 7= 41,67% of falls gets through armor
AV 8= 27,78%
AV 9= 16,67%

72,22 (AV 8 protection) divided by 58,33 (AV 7 protection) =1,24

Therefore AV 8 is almost 25% more effective than AV 7.
Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2005 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="Smegish"]
Quote:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=647
Well then you should take a look at the Southern Wastes League, in particular the Premier Division (which no team can start in, must be promoted from the lower divisions).
In the Premier division we have: 2 Lizardmen(generally bashy), 2 Orc(again, usually bashy), 1 Chaos (bashy), 1 Dwarf (bashy), 1 Undead (bashy), and 1 Human team.

This would show that over the long term in this league at least, the bashy teams have been more succesful than the more agile teams, maybe simply because the bashy teams survive long enough to get that far without getting retired.

I gotta disagree with you Smegish. maybe I'm reading it wrong, but season 1 winners are Undead, dark elf, orc.
Season 2 winners: Human Lizard, Undead
Season 3: Dark Elf, Dwarf, High elf, Amazon
Season 4: CD's, Norse, Amaxon, Darf, Elf

need I go further? Btw, the Dark Elves that won a division in Season 1 were the same Delves to win it all in Season 3. I don't see many Bashy teams dominating this list. Perhaps there are still Bashy teams that have survived to play in every season of the SWL, but they sure haven't dominated the league.
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2005 - 23:31 Reply with quote Back to top

The low Ag teams can get high agility players by rolling 11 on skillups.
The low Av teams cannot get better armour. The good old magic helmet is gone. Crying or Very sad

Jump to: