42 coaches online • Server time: 14:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What to do with these guys?
Aim for a side step / pass block / shadowing combo to annoy throwers
43%
 43%  [ 25 ]
Go for the 1 turner(s), you'll get games anyway
29%
 29%  [ 17 ]
Take diving tackle and tackle to pin down throwers deep in their own territory
14%
 14%  [ 8 ]
Other, please feel free you enter advice below
12%
 12%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 57

Cloggy

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2005 - 12:40 Reply with quote Back to top

My FQ Wood elf team now has the luxury of having 2 catchers with blodge and MA10. I'm a little torn about where to aim for their future development. As a standard it would seem to be a good idea to develop at least 1 of them into a 1 turner, but this might pose a problem. I know people are reluctant to play against teams with 1 turners and finding good games in faction is hard enough as it is.

What do you think?
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2005 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Side Step first, then Diving Tackle, Pass Block or Shadowing.

One-turners aren't worth it unless you've rolled 2 straight MA-upgrades. Sure Feet and Sprint are just too crappy and won't help you much in defence. One-turners might win games now and then, but a good defence wins championships.

Last edited by Frankenstein on %b %09, %2005 - %13:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
Bascrebolder

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2005 - 12:53 Reply with quote Back to top

With two +MA catchers already you might indeed wait till one gets an additional +MA. Shadow/SS is pretty nice with a blodge MA10 player. Get him tackle as well an you can stop other catchers and GR's.

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2005 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

You don't need a "real" oneturner, a MA10 player can make a one turn TD with a single chainpushback. I'd take sidestep and shadowing later.
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2005 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Agree with Avatar, chainpush OTS is really easy if you only need to bump him one square, and on a quick start, you don't even need that.

Were they my guys, I'd make one a safety sweeper, with strip ball, tackle, shadowing, and dauntless on doubles. The other will become an enemy thrower-irritant, with sidestep, diving tackle, pass block, and jump up on doubles.

This will free up your linemen to become the primary scorers on the squad, which is what will make your team stronger.

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2005 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

give him brake tackle, mighty blow and stand firm on doubles Razz

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2005 - 19:07 Reply with quote Back to top

One turner goals are just simple dice rollings. If the opponent doesn't have the chance to defend, the game is nothing but "roll a snake-eye" contest. I'd take diving tackle and sidestep for all of the blodging elves. That makes a pretty bad pain in the oppo's ass. And at lest three dirty players to show them that they can defend themselves. Wink
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2005 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Problem with MB, Captain, though a noble goal Wink , is that it requires a str 3 player to obtain. Str 2 players, like flings, gobs, gutters and certain catchers, have str 2 and are unable to gain MB, even if they get a +str. Pity, though. At least gutters can take claw/rsc to make up for that lack... Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2005 - 21:24 Reply with quote Back to top

a shadowing sidestep blodging catcher is a real pain for your opponents defence, 2 is a nightmare, kick the ball deep, hey presto, easy turnover Wink

seriously shadowing and Ma10 is really nice
Eddy

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2005 - 21:46 Reply with quote Back to top

sidestep, then shadowing or diving tackle, with a preference for shadowing, but maybe one of each would be good =)

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2005 - 21:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I would go for sidestep + diveing tackle to anoy the hell out of enemy recevers, after those two I would go for either leap for extra mobility, tackle for even more anti dodge power or passblock for that extra edge when snaching the ball.

(In other words I would treat them like any other WE catcher, and I agree with those that say natural oneturners aren't nessesary since its so easy to chainpush)
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2005 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Just another vote for more of the above. I'd take Sidestep next, then Pass Block on one (as much to get a tacklezone on a potential receiver as to attempt the interception) and Shadowing on the other (and vice versa on their next skills, should they survive that long). Tackle would be nice after that.

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 02:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Sidestep next (enabling the easy 1 turn push TDs when required) followed by shadowing, pass block and diving tackle... With the other one swap DT & Shadowing.

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 02:19 Reply with quote Back to top

DoubleSkulls wrote:
Sidestep next (enabling the easy 1 turn push TDs when required) followed by shadowing, pass block and diving tackle... With the other one swap DT & Shadowing.

Sidestep doesn't make oneturning easier in the client, because Sidestep doesn't work on secondary pushbacks.
Eddy

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 03:02 Reply with quote Back to top

yup, the advice is still useful for those who play on tabletop though. or when SkiJunkie corrects that.

*hint* *hint*

=)

Jump to: