55 coaches online • Server time: 16:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season 100!goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
gumbi

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2005 - 09:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Guys!

I am the proud coach of the gumbeast united bloodbowl club. My next game is against woodelves I have never really had much luck beating fast teams with khemri, and i was wondering if any experienced coaches could give me any advice.

My plan at the moment is to keep the blitzras back, as soon as something comes through hit it and then foul it with a DP to keep it down, while blocking everything in with a wall of skeles.

What i would really like is suggested kick off deployments to cover the field, usually what happens is the fast team pushes away my side defenders and runs enough guys down the flank that i cannot stop them Sad
Tommi

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2005 - 10:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Protect the flank with mummies, put skeles to the skrimmage, and keep the blitzras back as you intended.
Mr_QB

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2005 - 10:11 Reply with quote Back to top

setup all your mummies near the sideline and let them be pushed into the stands so none of the poor elves will get hurt Wink

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2005 - 10:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Looking at the two rosters, He only has 13, You have 15, including disposable DPs. He uses his 5 speedsters to rack up the score. Just Wear Him down and if he wants the win, make it cost him where it hurts ($$$)

Best plan to beat woodies (And Skaven) I've found is to hand them the kickoff. Let them score quickly (And if they try to stall, St5/MB on anyone with 7 armour, followed by a DP foul should disuade him from continuing) Then spend 6 turns first half, and 8 turns second half walking your cage down the field, keeping a TZ on his tree to keep him out of the way.

He'll prob try to "jump in, jump out" with those StripBall Wardancers, so try keep your cage multilayered iff possible.

Also worth noting, is that he only has 1 thrower, with only 6 armour. That's just begging for a MB/DP

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2005 - 11:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I would actually receive first, take all 8 turns to score and pound the opposition.
Let your mummies protect the innerside of the flanks(towards the middle).
Keep a guard mummy inside ur cage close to the ball carrier(the Surehands, block Thro-Ra) to negate the stripball.
Make a large cage (ie. a inner and a outer circle of defenders.) so when he tries to jump in, you can hit him hard and he should have trouble leaving the cage again.
Finally HUNT the Wardancers - in particular the AG 5 whenever the opportunity arrises.

In a perfect world it looks like this:

.........x....x
.......x...M...x
............T.......
.......x...x...x

Good luck in winning.
I think U have a hard job ahead of you Wink
origami

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2005 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Foul and stall, while keeping your cage as tight as possible. It will be nearly impossible to keep him from scoring at least once...but that should be all that he scores.

Your most vulnerable time will be before your cage is formed. Keep several players further back when receiving so that you can form a cage during the very first turn that you have posession.

If he gets a blitz, then you're out of luck. WE will easily turn it into a td, and there's little that you can do about it. In that case, accept your loss with aplomb - this is made easier by fouling every turn and hopefully forcing the WE team to retire after their pyrrhic victory.

Ugh...as an elf coach I can't believe that I just gave a Khemri team advice on how to beat WE. I feel dirty... Razz
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2005 - 19:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Definitely let him receive first and score fast. Then, (hopefully) you can score slowly while crunching him. Brad is absolutely right on this (I've never played as Khemri, but a LOT of dwarves). My additional advice is to ignore the wardancers. Sure, foul them if they happen to go down, but hit the guys who fall over more easily and win on numbers. Always hit the most easily injured guys, it's the only way to go.

EDIT:: This means ignoring Trees as well, and crunch the +ST +AG catcher as a favour to the world.

Last edited by Macavity on %b %20, %2005 - %19:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
thesquig

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2005 - 19:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Lose with honour Laughing

Wizard

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2005 - 20:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Let him recieve first - he will score quikly
Then form cage and score in the last turn of the first half
Score should be 1 -1
Then, you recieve 2nd half, form cage and take your time
You should win 2 - 1

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2005 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't let him receive first. If you have a chance to get the ball first, do it. This gives you 8 turns to stall, bash, and foul. Hopefully his best players will be out of the game by the time the second half rolls around. Heck, you might even be able to stop him from scoring if you take enough players out. Plus, you may only have 5-6 turns to score during the half in which he receives first. The fewer players that he has starting out, the tougher it will be for him to stop you.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2005 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry, Origami, I've tried both ways (again, with dwarves) and played against both several times. I can't agree. When he's trying to score, he's more likely to spread out and you can smash more lonely elves. 2-1 is a good game to play for.

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2005 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

The most important thing about kicking first is that when you score on turn8 there is only one KO roll before the next half instead of the 2 when you elect to receive first and score on turn 8. A huge difference.
Smess

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2005 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Starting yourself and pound him 8 turns is way better.
If you can beat him up hard that half, he won't even be able to score next half.

Another advice: when you start, keep both thro-ra's and one skeleton and a bliter back.
This way you can surround the ball even when it scatters way back
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2005 - 21:16 Reply with quote Back to top

and don't roll a 10 at kick off when it's your turn Wink

Laviak

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2005 - 00:22 Reply with quote Back to top

On the "do/don't let him receive first" topic, I would always let a fast team receive in the first half (when playing with bashers at least). It will be much easier for him to score a push-back one-turner in the first half than in the second (more players = more pushes), and that, along with the fact that he'll only get one KO roll makes it well worthwhile.

Jump to: