43 coaches online • Server time: 12:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2005 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=72979

my opinion: buy 2 beasts then fire the -str?

better option?

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2005 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Something like that, you need to present a pretty low-power team so you can get those pansy elves to play you for recovery.

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2005 - 23:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Obviously you should play vs a non-baher team with a higher FF to get some money.

2 new Beastman should also be your next players, yes.

Try to make at minimum 2 CAS in your next games (fouls count also!) to have the chance of getteing your own FF rise up.
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2005 - 00:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, the real weakness of this team is not lack of players: it is the 3 FF. You can pretty much always* recover a team's manpower (although you have to have the stomach for some tough games in between). Low FF is much harder to do, as recovery games often end up as losses, which tend to spiral your FF ever downward (and low FF even makes it hard to get games some of the time). The best advice is try desperately hard to make the 2 TD 2 cas mark, win or lose. Once you've got that, huddle up and prevent further player losses (unless you happen to be winning by a mile, in which case carry on!)

This will help ensure at least a +1 to your FF rolls (+1 2 TD, +1 2 cas, -1 loss OR +1 win). While you do this, you might want to go easy on the killer skills, as they will make softer games harder to find while you build that FF back up...

One thing that may seem counter intuitive at first: AVOID farming extra SPPs! Get your TD's and CAS, but don't go making random COMPS for no reason, or senselessly bashing just to get theat 6th casualty: more SPP will boost your TR, which will make decent winnings (and finding relatively even matched opponents) a bit harder, especially while your FF is so low!

*this statement does not refer to teams that exist only to support some niggled 500 SPP star on his way to the record books. Such teams may not be able to recover their manpower without retiring the star and his attendant rampant TR. I'm just talking about low TR teams that have had a rough time with injuries.

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2005 - 01:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I see one free unranked slot for you there Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2005 - 01:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd retire them. FF3 means that this team have a very difficult time recovering.
Zed

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2005 - 01:25 Reply with quote Back to top

put a music like "sound of silence"
origami

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2005 - 04:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Retire 'em. FF 3 will make it almost impossible to recover. Chaos is also not a team that finds it easy to get light games. They are also a team that is weaker at lower TR and finds it difficult to win without a full roster. The only way that things might turn around is if you are a really good coach who will be able to win games with this team even while outnumbered.
Frantisek

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2005 - 04:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Was this team ever on tract?
Deficits in every column.
Dump them and start fresh. This team is obviously cursed.
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2005 - 05:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Ditch 'em. They must be jinxed.

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2005 - 07:18 Reply with quote Back to top

FF of 3...........

This is all that needs to be said. Granted, seeing my name on your bio is nice for me Laughing

__Synn
(Syndrome057)
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2005 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

hey that's my first fumbbl team ever!

if they weren't there would be gone from a long time. I can't even cherrypick! I put them in a tourney.

raaaahhhhh I smells like a page will be turned with them gone Crying or Very sad

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2005 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

They can earn a bit of cash by beating up on my Woodies Very Happy

nin

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2005 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

May be tournaments are an option, some games with average FF... but being cherrypiked by high Tr and FF elves is another way of recovery.
Arcon

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2005 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

oh, sk8bcn, that you now really want to retire them makes me regret our last match even more.
Wink

Actually, he played WE as last opponent, ok, higher rated, and we caused 2 RIPs. Not really a recovery.

Hmm, my Chaos team started at FF 2 or 3 and now, after 11/2/5 we are still down at 3. But the team is great. I was really lucky that not a single player was killed yet. What I am trying to say is that you could rebuild the team if you get a handful of real recovery games (and get rid of the bad luck of players dying). You should find some normal unranked games vs non bashy, which should not be too hard with your team as it is right now.

Or you take it the easy way and retire. But for your first fumbbl team, maybe some extra efford is worth it...
 Jump to: