45 coaches online • Server time: 11:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BloodRunners

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2003 - 09:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I had this idea after wondering what the heck I would do with 10 tourney slots. Would anyone be interested in joining a gladiator type tourney. It would go something like this. A coach would have a "stable" of three to five teams. The team they would choose to play in the match would be determined by what type of match it was. The match type would be determined randomly before the match took place. Some ideas of match types would be,

1) Stunty vs Bash. Coaches would bid on how many casualties they could score. Bidding goes back and forth until one team wins the bid. They become the bash team and the other player becomes the stunty. The match is decided in favor of the bash team if they meet or exceed their casualty bid. The Stunty team wins the match otherwise.

2) Normal match, played just like BB

3) Pass ball. The match is decided by the number of completions in a game.

etc. we could come up with all sorts of fun variants. Of course the games would be uploaded normally and wins and losses would be tallied against teams normally, the different match variants would only affect the tournament points. Just a thought, tell me what you think and maybe we can get it up and going..
MarNoel

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2003 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

sounds fun
BloodRunners

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2003 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I think there is a very large potential for some fun and creative variations. I am hoping some more people read this thread and comment on it.
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2003 - 02:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay bear with me. Dwarf tossing was in the news paper this morning and it made me think of this thread.

So my idea!

Stunty Tossing Match!

This type of match requires both players not to cheat Smile

Rules: You can not throw a block in your opponents end. The 3 players on the line of scrimmage must be left there (no blocking no dodging away) In addition all three linement must line up side by side from the edge of one of the wide lines (this way the ogre/troll/etc can have a nice clear path in which to toss) No Big Guy, or other player can cross the center line unless he does so airborne and with the ball!

If for some reason your opponent tosses a stunty into your end who doesnt have enough movement left to reach the endzone, you may block him as you will (I'd even recommend fouling him Smile You may then pick up the ball and take your turn. The player that was flung into your end, if he survices, must be left face down on the pitch until the next kickoff. If the fellow he threw in there survives the beating, he may attempt to score any way he can with that player (including throwing the ball back to his side of the field).

So the goal is to score as many airborne stunty TDs as possible in 16 turns.

Stalling is illegal. You must pick up the ball and and get a stunty airborne as quickly as possible. The only exception is that you do not have to throw a stunty who has already moved. But! If that stunty had the option to handoff the ball to a rdy goblin who o could be thrown then they must do that.

One more thing, the poor big guy who threw the stunty will likely be standing like a dope right on the line. If this is the case, the other players big guy (with assists from his team) may "help" the opponents big guy off the line Smile Other wise leave him there as he must step back from the line if he is not in a tackle zone. The same rule applies to all players (except for the original 3), you must step away from the centreline so your opponent can have an open throw.

Smile

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2003 - 03:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's a ridiculous one: Noble Bowl. It's the opposite of Peasent Bowl. You can not use linemen. Also, to keep some balance between the lists, you can only have 7 players (which is I think the minimum max position players, for teams like dwarves and lizzies). Buy 11 players, and immediately fire all the linemen. Chaos is an exception, they can have 0-2 beastmen. Goblins and Halflings are another exception, they're out! I think it would be fun.
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2003 - 03:48 Reply with quote Back to top

lol... arena football comes to bloodbowl Smile

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2003 - 04:18 Reply with quote Back to top

My friends and I play arena bloodbowl already (off fumbbl)
We call it our Lucky 7's league.
Its very fast paced. The prize for our current tournament is the mythic 8th man (an actual reserve player).
If the site wasnt down atm i'd link it. We bought our rosters to 7 then used the extra money as we would. No buying then dropping linemen. If it was done that way, it would take special approvals.

The problem is, that certain race balances get thrown way out of whack in a 7 man league. Also, if the Noble rule was enforced, certain teams might be forced to buy Big Guys, which may or may not be an advantage.
 Jump to: