22 coaches online • Server time: 09:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Wraith

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2003 - 08:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey man,

If you got a bit of time and would be willing to help me out with an idea I have regarding a league, it'd be much appreciated. Basically I would just like some help/information regarding how you created the new team pages ( like how its programmed to determine new skills/aging rolls, purchusing players, allowed positions, etc.... ).

Basically I'd like to play or run/create, if I have to, a league that plays a set schedule and isnt governed by the almighty SPP. I'd like to not have to worry about deaths so much, cause most players will be standard with a couple star players to round out a team in my idea. Skill rolls will be awarded for accomplishments. I love this game, just think it would be nice to have a league where coaches can play and not have to stress a huge amount about skilling players or key players dying and then having to rebuild. Anyways, the info below kinda sums up my idea with regards to the basics. Let me know what you think and if you'd be willing to help me make it a reality Smile

Thanks,
Jason ( aka : Wraith )

Guardians of Nuffle Bloodbowl League ( GoNBL )

Conferences - Blood Conference ( South ) - Glory Conference ( North )

Divisions ( North ) - Northeast division - Northwest division - Northcentral division

Divisions ( South ) - Southeast division - Southwest division - Southcentral

Championship - The Animator's cup

Starting Team Info :
*Starting teams recieve 7 skill rolls divided how coach wants, but all skills must be given out before the rolls are made ( no more then 3 per player and aging rolls apply ).
*Maximum of 8 position players ( throwers/catchers/blitzers/big guys/racial positions )
*Maximum of 2 big guys ( 3 for halfling and goblin teams )
*Maximum of 4 allies ( big guys are considered allies.....Although an elf lineman ally doesn't count towards the 8 position player limit only ally limit )
*Maximum of 16 players on the roster
*All allies are standard linemen of allied race.

Awards : Individual
*League MVP ( recieved most MVP awards during the season, resolve ties by comparing players total SPP....Higher total gets the award ) Gains a skill roll.
*Most Deadly ( player who inflicted the most CAS during the season, resolve ties by comparing players total SPP....Higher total gets the award ) Gains a skill roll.
*Golden Arm ( player who threw the most completions during the season, resolve ties by comparing players total SPP....Higher total gets the award ) Gains a skill roll.
*Spike ( player who scored the most TDs during the season, resolve ties by comparing players total SPP....Higher total gets the award ) Gains a skill roll.

Awards : Team
*Most Deadly ( team who inflicted the most CAS during the season, resolve ties by comparing win/lose/tie records....better record gets the award ) Gains one team skill roll.
*Spike ( team who scored the most TDs during the season, resolve ties by comparing win/lose/tie records....better record gets the award ) Gains one team skill roll.
*Stonewall ( team who had the least TDs scored against them during the season, resolve ties by comparing win/lose/tie records....better record gets the award ) Gains one team skill roll.
*Persistance ( team who had the least CAS inflicted against them during the season, resolve ties by comparing CAS inflicted....higher CAS inflicted gets the award ) Gains team skill roll.

General skill awards :
*Gain team skill roll for completing season.
*Gain +1 team skill roll for making the playoffs.
*Gain +1 team skill roll for winning championship.

Animator's cup : Once per season the team in possesion of the cup can bring a player back from the dead to play for thier team ( within team creation guidelines, i.e. 3 big guys aren't allowed ). Players that are brought back to life suffer an aging roll due to the system shock they experience. Although any player may be brought back to life, as long the team the player was a part of agrees to it ( bribes/trades/theft/etc.... are all ok in acquiring a previously killed player from another team ).
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2003 - 10:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Right now, we just aren't set up to have any kind of league that does not follow the standard LRB rules regarding skills, ageing, money, ect. Setting things up to allow that sort of thing would require a massive amount of new code, and just isn't on the list for the short term, as there are several rather time consuming projects currently being worked on.

This is something we have looked at doing in the future, basically allowing the creation of leagues where the league owner has some freedom to modify teams within the league. Unfortunatly, it's just not something that can be done within the structure of the current system, although I would like to see this become an option.
Azurus

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2003 - 10:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting idea Wraith.

I also have been thinking it would be a good idea to have a more structured version of the FUMBBL idea for a while.

The idea i was thinking of would be to have several divisions, each with a certain cap on the SPP a team could have. Once a team reached the cap, the most experienced player would leave (cost refunded) and move onto a transfer list for the next division up.

I think having a fully set league might cause problems, and was thinking more of a semi-open system of organising games, This would mean you could play each team in your division/conference once a month, but you wouldn't have to play all of them. Points would be awarded each month and promotion/relegation would be used in an attempt to ensure a proper competitive atmosphere. These divisions would be fed from a limited open league, similar to the one here.

Using an ongoing set-conference league would have the other advantage that individual teams which are successful would become well-known to everyone in the league, and it would begin to develop it's own history.

Anyway, time to stop rambling =]

Azurus

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2003 - 13:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I *think* Wraith is referring to making a league outside of Fumbbl, and wanting to know how to set up his own website using a system similiar to Fumbbl (like uploading results file and calculating TR, etc automatically).

But I might be wrong there, that's just what it looked like to me.
Christer

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2003 - 16:52
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Aequitas wrote:
I *think* Wraith is referring to making a league outside of Fumbbl, and wanting to know how to set up his own website using a system similiar to Fumbbl (like uploading results file and calculating TR, etc automatically).

But I might be wrong there, that's just what it looked like to me.

Yeah, I talked to him in person and that's exactly what he's asking.

Basically, I told him that it has taken me and Mr-Klipp 8 months to get FUMBBL where it is today and have somewhere around 16,000 lines of php files at this point. Smile

-- Christer
Aequitas

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2003 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

And we all worship you for your hard work and effort! I've even got you both on my top 10 list of people that rock. Surprised

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2003 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Aequitas wrote:
I *think* Wraith is referring to making a league outside of Fumbbl...

Heh. You're right, it was late and I somehow managed to skim past that tiny first paragraph and miss the point. =)
 Jump to: