65 coaches online • Server time: 21:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you want black- or whitelists?
Yeah, that would be a great feature
28%
 28%  [ 10 ]
Blacklists would be okay to sort out the blacksheeps, but i don't think we need whitelists
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Whitelists are okay with me, but i think blacklist are to destractive
25%
 25%  [ 9 ]
Nah, what a stupid idea!! Admins please remove his account!!!
42%
 42%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 35

tgrozow

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2003 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I have to agree with the idea of making the black lists private. There is just to much possiblities of people taking advantage of public lists. I think the same can go with voting like on ebay. because we are a relatively small number of people, even voting can be mis-used, unlike ebay, where you are dealing with millions of people so someone giving a bad vote for spite doesn't really have much effect.

I like the idea of changing the buddy list to a "remember these coaches list" where you can mark a coach as someone you like to play with or dislike to play with.

I wouldn't mind having the admins looking at those lists and giving warnings to people who appear in a lot of black lists, although even that can be exploited by a bad sport who convinces some of his friends to put someone on their black lists because his favorite player got killed by a coach that was a real sport otherwise.
psikobunny

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2003 - 00:15 Reply with quote Back to top

well obviously the admins are smarter than to go after someone who appears on less than 10 blacklists, without serious complaints...

If you are connected enough regular coaches on here to get someone put on 10-20 private blacklists im impressed.
prophane

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2003 - 00:26 Reply with quote Back to top

this is a very serious topic, and i think i agree with psikobunny's ideas about a 'non-buddy' list on the overview page.

Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2003 - 00:44 Reply with quote Back to top

It's just not needed. Anyone who is doing these sort of things needs to be reported to one of the admins so we can handle the issue and get rid of the problem coach if necesary. A list is redundant as this sort if behavior is simply not tolerated, and coaches acting in this manner will quickly find themselves unable to play here at all.
psikobunny

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2003 - 00:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I wasn't neccessarily talking about a list of people who commit misconduct, but i'd like a list of people i dont get along with. Sometimes its hard to remember people who i have had "tactical" disagreements with.
DaveSpencer

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2003 - 01:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

I also had the idea that it might be nice to expand the buddly list feature to have a Bad Egg category

I like this idea for the same reasons, psikobunny.

As far as a public list, no - for most of the reasons above. I really don't see it as that big of a problem...as I look at my list, out of ~75 people there are only 4 I wouldn't play again with about the same amount I'm undecided on - a fairly small enough percentage
Artagas

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2003 - 11:01 Reply with quote Back to top

lol...half the coaches will put all their difficult opponents on the bad egg least, and finally end up playing only tr 50- halfling teams:)
 Jump to: