33 coaches online • Server time: 11:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
GreatCthulhu

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2005 - 09:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I've found that if you self-crowdpush your ballcarrier, there is NOT a turnover.

Not a thing that do happens often but... shouldn't that be fixed?

Thanks
Agrak

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2005 - 09:21 Reply with quote Back to top

How does one self-push?

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2005 - 09:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Agrak wrote:
How does one self-push?

Chainpushing an opponent player on your ballcarrier and then into the crowd.

rather silly move but can be one last-chance ball freeing strategy if you have the ball near your endzone and it can win you the game to try and get the ball somewhere else.
Agrak

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2005 - 09:28 Reply with quote Back to top

are you sure there should be a turnover?

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2005 - 09:29 Reply with quote Back to top

that must be the most stupid and pointless thing to do. Maybe you should buy a book or something, if you really have NOTHING else to do.
GreatCthulhu

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2005 - 09:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Superstar wrote:
that must be the most stupid and pointless thing to do. Maybe you should buy a book or something, if you really have NOTHING else to do.

Actually you gave me a better idea... I can stay here and flame the threads that i deem pointless. I feel this the truest activity for those that have not a satisfying way to spend their lives.

Anyway this issue went out in chat... and i was not the one to put out it.

cheers.

P.S. don't feed the Troll
Xeterog

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2005 - 09:41 Reply with quote Back to top

from the FAQ...
Q: What is the full list of items causing a turnover?
A:
1) A player on the moving team is knocked down or falls over that was not thrown by Throw Team-Mate (use of Piling On, Diving
Catch, and Diving Tackle do not count for falling over).
--player pushed out of bounds is not knocked over

2) A passed ball or hand-off is not caught by a player from the moving team when the ball comes to rest
--not a pass or a hand-off

3) A pass attempt is fumbled. (Throw Team-Mate fumbles are not turnovers unless the player had the ball)
--not a fumble

4) A player from the moving team attempts to pick up the ball and fails (note: failed catch rolls by themselves are never turnovers)
--didn't try to pick up the ball

5) A player with the ball thrown or attempted to be thrown by Throw Team-Mate fails to land successfully
--not being thrown

6) A player is ejected by the referee for a foul
--not ejected

7) A touchdown is scored
--not a TD

Cool The four minute time limit for the turn runs out
--not a 4-min. rule violation

Looks to me like it is not a Turn Over, so the client got it right.

The only bone of contention is whether a player is knocked down when pushed out of bounds...They are beaten up by the crowd, but it doesn't specify that the player is knocked over (or even placed prone)...

(gawd, I feel so much like a...a...rules lawyer..and not in a good way either!)

Last edited by Xeterog on %b %26, %2005 - %09:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
Imerikol

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2005 - 09:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Hell, flame me. I'm the one who gave him the idea to test it in the first place. I'd use this to win if I had to.
GreatCthulhu

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2005 - 09:49 Reply with quote Back to top

GorTeX wrote:
1) A player on the moving team is knocked down or falls over that was not thrown by Throw Team-Mate (use of Piling On, Diving
Catch, and Diving Tackle do not count for falling over).

For example:
Piling On – The player may use this skill after he has made a Block, but only if the victim was knocked over. If the armour roll has failed the player may decide to ‘pile on' to the victim. If so then you may re-roll the armour roll. The piling on player is placed prone in his own square – it is assumed that he rolls back there after flattening his opponent (do not make an Armour roll for him as he has been cushioned by the other player!). If the player has pushed back his opponent before knocking him over, then he must follow up the block before he can use this skill. Piling On does not cause a turnover unless the piling on player is carrying the ball.

this is in the rules... and not in the final FAQ list that is incomplete. BTW the rule of thumb is that there IS a turnover if your ballcarrier loses the ball for any reason different from a successful pass or hand-off...

Imerikol wrote:
Hell, flame me. I'm the one who gave him the idea to test it in the first place. I'd use this to win if I had to.

See? Flame him! Cool

Oops... stop eating you troll!! Laughing
Fama

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2005 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

A player going prone from piling on is NOT a turnover, UNLESS the player is carrying the ball, just like the skill's rule says. Just like when you throw the team-mate who has the ball, if he fails landing, it's a turnover. But that's only mentioned in the text that explains TTM. I wouldn't say the FAQ list is incomplete, it's good enough in most situations.

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2005 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

You can argue about that for a loooong time...... but the thruth is that i once crowdpushed my self at a rock consert!
-Buur

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2005 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I would say, an intentional self croudpush is unsportsmanlike exploit, while a self croudpush which happend accidently (e.g. caused by a ball& chain push) is ok.

Macavity

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2005 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Self Crowd-pushing is te coolest thing I've ever heard of! Do it!!!! Just Do It!!!!!!!

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2005 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
Self Crowd-pushing is te coolest thing I've ever heard of! Do it!!!! Just Do It!!!!!!!

Once in pre scool I won a game crowd psuhing my self.

Lets say it is turn 8 and the game is 0-0. You hand off to a player but he drops it. One of your other players that has already moved picks up the ball. So now it is not a turn ower but you cant move the ball and thus not score. You then crowdpush your very own player thus get a throw in. catches the throw in and run down and socre...

After that you erned a spot in the reccordpidia

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
Optihut

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2005 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Imerikol wrote:

You know, this could develop into a whole new playingstyle for me: Instead of pissing off people by crowdpushing their players, I could force them into a position where they have to crowdpush their own players! Ah, the humiliation! Muhahahahaha.
 Jump to: