52 coaches online • Server time: 23:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What should I do???
Punch the guy until one of us bleeds
26%
 26%  [ 26 ]
Crush his minis
20%
 20%  [ 20 ]
Hurt the league Commishiner
18%
 18%  [ 18 ]
sulk knowing that I am now nolonger league champ
34%
 34%  [ 34 ]
Total Votes : 98

Superstar

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2006 - 00:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Your a whining piece of shit, if you got any balls you would tell him to finish the game, and he would do so. Enough said.
Mezir

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2006 - 00:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, this went sour fast. Care to edit that? This is still supposed to be a friendly place.

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2006 - 00:28 Reply with quote Back to top

get over it, id say, won how many games on the bounce? Its about time nuffle shagged you tbh Smile Im sure your team will rise again in any case.

"Hugh Mann eh? Now theres a name I can trust!"
Me Loves Futurama
Prymja

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2006 - 01:19 Reply with quote Back to top

OldBugman wrote:
the time it was supposed to start.. so if you sleep in and dont make it to the game till after 2hrs I guess thats a turn 0 0-0 draw..
in a league with no draws you could run your season on a coin toss =)

We do allow draws, and a lot of times coaches who find themselves out of the play off hunt will end in a draw, but the coaches who are very actively hunting the Playoffs know that for the past 5 seasons that you needed to have a 6-2 record or better, and that even with the 6-2 record you where a long shot. So to attempt to stay away from that horrible loss, or miss of the playoffs because you where 5-2-1 (w-l-t) you went as long as possible. One of the games that finally put in the 2 hour rule was a game between 2 playoff bound teams, who where playing for the 5th or 6th spot, knowing that 5th got them a favorable shot of moving atleast one round further. Well, the 2 teams battled it out into the 4th overtime and well, with all the injuries that happened, nether team could even field 5 guys in their opening play off game, giving the 2 other teams a much needed boost to their TR because they could do anything they wanted.

Furious_George wrote:
get over it, id say, won how many games on the bounce? Its about time nuffle shagged you tbh Im sure your team will rise again in any case.

You are right, it was time for Nuffle to get to my team, but I just wish it was in a much cleaner way lol. And you are right, my team should be very well off going into next season, I should be able to keep most of my skill guys, and I really only need to drop a few re rolls and some FF to get to the 125 TR limit, so I should start the season next season in a much better position then I started this or last season.
Severedunit

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2006 - 02:14 Reply with quote Back to top

You got totally screwed. If I were your commish I'd offer this guy the following option: Rematch or concede. You will probably lose this coach but that would be getting two birds with one stone if you know what I mean. Bloodbowl is a great game and I hate to hear of coaches like this one. I completely agree with Veron and if your commish refuses to do the right thing then I would call for a vote at the end of this season to possibly replace him. Good luck and at the same time I think a 50 game winning streak is obsene and wish your fellow league coaches even better luck!
thesquig

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2006 - 02:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd just accept it and pity the guy. He has to cheat to win, and having gone 50 games unbeaten, its likely you would have beaten him properly. Take it like a man, but make fun of him occasionally for it. If the guy is so desperate to win like that, then let him. He'll get great pleasure from it, and at the end of the day it really doesnt matter to you.

When I played in the BB tournament a few years ago, I played against a disabled guy (a thalidomide I believe) who could barely roll his dice. He had a sweet personality but seemed to be cheating. The atmosphere at the event is pretty relaxed, I was chatting with him alright and he called a dice roll incorrectly, I let is slide as I felt I might be wrong. But he did it twice more and each time it seemed to benefit the guys game. I kept quiet and didnt say anything as I was winning. But I always thought to myself, would I have done the same if he wasnt disabled, or if he was winning?

It brings up an entirely new issue I suppose, but I though I'd share my story with the people of fumbbl. Disabled people are evil too. Oh and he was German Wink

Freelancer2

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2006 - 03:29 Reply with quote Back to top

i've just realised that minis doesnt mean testicles
zerkalo

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2006 - 04:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Some people do everything for a win..

Reminds me of this event:
http://www.snopes.com/sports/soccer/barbados.htm

Of course also the rules sucked.

If the rule was set up because some overtime games took too long, why didn't the rule go like this: "game can be finished after 2 hours, unless 2nd half isn't finished, unless both players agree". Or "game is official after 2 hours if either player wants so, unless the player has deliberately played slooooowly".

My bells would have rang if the rule issue was debated earlier and then some player goes to the toilet every 5 minutes..!!
Optihut

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2006 - 06:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Freelancer2 wrote:
i've just realised that minis doesnt mean testicles

Heh, perhaps I am an oddball, but I actually laughed at that Smile

Edit: Especially in conjunction with the "crush his minis" poll option.
Uber

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2006 - 06:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I think you should shoot yourself in the head.

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2006 - 00:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I would like to let all that want to know how this has turned out.

The meeting started out with the issue that you all have read about. It was decided that we would bring it to a vote by the league. Our rules for this says that the parties involved, and anyone related to them cannot vote, also the commish does not vote unless the voting ends in a tie twice. Before the first vote, the commish explains everything about the issue, and then the parties who cannot vote move to the other side of the area that we meet in, which is the store owned by one of the players. the people who have votes get to make their vote without anyone else knowing what it was, they write it down on a piece of paper, and then the commish counts the votes.

Well after the commish explained the situation, 7 out of the 12 coaches where allowed to vote, me, the other player, the commish, my son, the other player's brother where the ones not voting. The original vote came out a tie, 3 wanting the game finished, 1 no vote, meaning he decided that it did not matter which way they voted and choose not to vote, and 3 choosing that the game was recorded properly and nothing should be done.

Because of this first tie, both me and the other coach are allowed to make arguements that will hopefully sway the vote. His arguement was that it was allowed by the rules and nothing can be done about it, he also argued that he could not go any longer because he had been grounded by his parents and had to get home. Mine was it was against the spirit of the rule, and that he did not even attempt to rescedrule the game.

After our arguments, we both got to add options to the voting area, each got to add one, his was that he forfiet the match to me, and no finish needed. My option to add was that we call the game a draw (allowing both coaches a playoff bid depending on week 8's matches), remodify the FF roll to what the new modifiers would be, eliminate the pass and TD that his players got on turn 8.

This meant that options now where
1) Finish the game
2) Leave the game as is, no action
3) No Vote
4) Opponent conceeds game, I game extra money, and MVP
5) Change from a win for him to a draw with all the other changes

The second vote came out a tie again,
1- 3 votes; 2- 1 vote; 3- 0 votes; 4- 3 votes; 5- 0 votes

Because of this, the commish now has to break the tie. Now he voted for vot number 1, because it was closest to the option I gave. After about 5 minutes of attempting to rescedrule the game, my opponent offered to play the rest of it right there and then, I had my stuff with me, so we started to play, after I completed my 1st half turn 8 with one Badly hurt to a lineman, he choose to conceed the match. I argued against this as I wanted to win by tactics not this, he informed me he had planned on conceeding the match if the game got to the time when he called it for the rule if I was winning or tied, so he felt it only fair that he did it now so that we could move on with finding out who we where playing in week 8.

It did not turn out the way I wanted, I wanted to play the game, but it did turn out a win for me, and now my team is back on track. The commish informed me that as soon as it happened on Wednesday he planned on calling for the vote, but he decided not to put the first option out as a conceed from him, as he felt it would pushh the guy out of the league.

I wish this had turned out a slight bit different, but it got the rule to be looked at properly, and it also set a precident so that if it happens again before we as a league can decide on the proper wording we will have something to fall back on for a ruling.

Well I know this was a long post, but I wanted to make sure everyone knew what happened in full. Thanks for your comments, and to those with anger management issues who posted here, thanks, now I know what I do not want to become on FUMBBL, YOU
OldBugman

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2006 - 00:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Who said democracy doesnt work?
ibambe

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2006 - 00:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps he was grounded for abusing the spirit of his parents' rules.
He may not have properly respected their "scedrule". Wink
Trojan65

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2006 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

i dunno man, i mean that seems pretty harsh on the guy... congrats he found a loop hole, yes it sucked cause it wasn't very sportsman like... but think about it... you won 50 in a row, and just destroyed his chance to the playoffs.... for your own ego you crushed some other guy.... i would have told the kid that if he conceeds i would conceed to, and it'd be a tie... so bascially you whined, and got your way in the end.... not cool

I understand why you'd be upset that he did that to you, but I can't understant actually letting him conceed. I dunno you whined about sportsmanship and how he did you wrong, and then you let him conceed. Bascially you told him for READING the rules he is now going to CONCEED, that's pretty shitty no matter how you look at it. I agree with you that you were totally wrong done, but then you turned around and did exactly what you were fighting for, sportsmanship. I don't know how you can walk away from this not feeling like your soul has been burned, cause face it you just did unto him, what he did unto you... took the win away by technicality. Definately shouldn't have let it work its way out like that, disgraceful
Mezir

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2006 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Foul necromancer! *chases Trojan with a pitchfork*