27 coaches online • Server time: 08:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
pac

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2006 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Clearly we need to keep all waffle discussion in Off-Topic where it belongs. Very Happy

(And maybe we can move seamlessly onto fouling later and no one will notice! Wink)

So ... where to begin? Waffles, eh? Appropriately enough, to waffle can mean to ramble on aimlessly about something in text or in speech ... I'm sure pancake doesn't have such versatility!

Anyway, I don't want to hog the spotlight. (Not that I can think of anything else to say.) Where do you stand on waffles? Discussions about waffles: part of the game?

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2006 - 23:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Yay. Make every week a waffle week.

I love em
Snappy_Dresser

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2006 - 09:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I've always wanted to make a waffle sandwich. With all kinds of savoury toppings (sausage, cheese), and perhaps a drizzle of maple syrup, just to set it apart. There, I said it.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2006 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Seriously, just make a pancake.... Get with it, people!

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2006 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Fu*k Nuffle, eat waffle! That's what my 'flings chant...

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2006 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

My flings are the greatest food eaters ever, and they are all about the pancake!

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2006 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, as we all know, pancakes are for sissies. Wink

As soon as I get my soon-to-enter-the-field halflings developed, we need to see who's the greatest eater ever.

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2006 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Only halflings in Ranked division with no Trees are worth mentioning!!!! Razz

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2006 - 16:14 Reply with quote Back to top

And pie?
What about pie???

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2006 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Trees don't like waffles/pancakes. They are just munching some leafs. The only reason that 'fling teams use them is that they can carry more food than 'flings.

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2006 - 16:32 Reply with quote Back to top

you know what they call a waffle in paris? royal with cheese

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2006 - 16:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Kyyberi wrote:
Trees don't like waffles/pancakes.

Oh no - the problem is that they like them too much! It takes an entire team of mules to drag a Tree that's been allowed to indulge its sweet-tooth into the middle of a pitch for a drive! Halflings keep everything sweet down at what's toe-height for Trees - well out of those gluttonous barky creatures' reach: you just can't rely on an overfed Tree to protect you. Sad

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2006 - 17:38
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Well controvercially I would like to begin by refuting the nonsense that pancake has a single meaning. It also is widely used in the theatrical profession to mean make up.

And when was the last time some described anything as 'as flat as a waffle'. It just isnt competing linguistically, let alone on utility or taste. So I'm largely with Mac. Waffles are for idiots.

BUT.

If you are talking thick, stodgy, dodgy, American pancakes, then you can keep them, and I'll take a waffle (with syrup and ice cream).

The British pancake, closer in origin to its French cousing the 'crepe' is a thing of beauty. USA pancakes have all the delicacy and refinement of a house brick.

Also I note no mention so far of the 'Potato waffle'. Now this is a damn shame as (grill 'em, bake 'em, fry 'em, eat 'em) your potato waffle is a cheap, fast nasty addition to any meal. My personal favorite is to fry them with an egg broken on top, running down and filling the little potato holes.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2006 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, do NOT get me started on British breakfast food! French Toast (which they call gypsy bread), they eat with cheese instead of lovely maple syrup. Toast they eat cold. Pancakes can be rolled and carried with you when in a rush.

Of course, I hate Whipped Cream, and love Maple syrup (do you ever get that in Europe?) so I may be influenced by that.

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2006 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Ahh Cheery Waffle, there was quite well evolved waffle thread in BFC forums. Smile

/me chucles some molten TNT to macavity's general direction.

AGRAGAAGRGAGRGARGGRAGRGARGARGARGARGAGAGGARGRRRARARGARGGARAAARRR!!! Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad
 Jump to: