50 coaches online • Server time: 20:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Record the length of...goto Post 145 League and Tourn...goto Post killing by fun?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is freedom of the press a good idea?
Yes
86%
 86%  [ 84 ]
No
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Sometimes
10%
 10%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 97

Topper

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2006 - 11:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehehe lol
MickeX I think the hi-jacking of your post lies in the fact that another thread had recently been posted.
Going past 20 pages Smile
veron

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2006 - 12:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Mnemon wrote:
Now that's actually quite ironic Smile.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Snappy_Dresser

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2006 - 12:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok

This has GOT to be a performance art instalation. Right?

You're making a point about the banality of objective discussion. Right?

Next your going to sew a collection of your old scabs into the skin of a live hamster. Am I right?
MickeX

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2006 - 00:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Topper wrote:
Hehehe lol
MickeX I think the hi-jacking of your post lies in the fact that another thread had recently been posted.

I think it deserved to be hijacked... Very Happy
Snappy_Dresser

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2006 - 01:34 Reply with quote Back to top

MickeX wrote:
Topper wrote:
Hehehe lol

I think it deserved to be hijacked... Very Happy

AND TAKEN TO CUBA!!!!!!!
tza

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2006 - 01:55 Reply with quote Back to top

MickeX wrote:
Take those pictures, replace the arabic stereotypes with jewish stereotypes and say they were published in Jyllandsposten 1933. Would anyone have any trouble seeing their racist content? Answer: Yes, those westerners who were raised with the racism of those days - they'd say that the drawings were just "dealing with the problems of immigration".

The censorship in Iraq began with direct orders from the western occupation forces, and continue under the "elected government". I've never heard any western governments (including Sweden) raise their voice against it - though the censorship would be gone the minute the occupiers gave the order.

just to cut your BS down once and for all.

It is danish custom to deal with big and serious issues with a dash of humor to ease the dealings of the subject. And a charicature can prove a point alot better than page up and down of words.

But, back in the 70's, a danish artist made a movie about Jesus' sexlife.

So, now your gonna tell me danes hate christianity too? have at it.
marvel

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2006 - 02:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Seguramente no me entandais, aunque yo a vosotros si, pero es que mi ingles es aun menos inteligible para los angloparlantes que mi espaƱol. Hablar de libertad de prensa como todo bastante relativo, todo el mundo tiene derecho a decir lo que piensa, pero tiene todo el mundo posivilidad de expresarla de forma masificada? Yo creo que los periodistas deverian ser interpretadores de la realidad y no pdoerosas armas politicas ni medios de control de la sociedad. Su funcion es informar, y eso requiere ser obejtivos. No es su funcion en cambio mentir deliveradamente o dar una opinion jactanciosa de la realidad. Por ello, algunos goviernos se reservan la libnertad de prensa de una forma u otra. Mismamente EEUU tiene una censura deliberada contra diversos temas tanto sexuales como violentos (puedes ver una pena de meurte en directo pero no a un soldado morir) En muchos paises de la UE hay censuras retardadas, dodne organismos gubernamentales obligan a pedir disculpas o a retractarse pro articulos o entrevistas. Personalmente, creo ke habria que denunciar a cada periodista o autor que publicara mentiras deliberadamente. Aunque claro, para que eso funcioanra el pdoer judicial tendria ke estar realmente del poder legislativo-ejecutivo, pero claro, como el poder sea informador, manipulador, legislativo, judicial, politico y religioso, es eso, solo poder, y todo el poder, de toda la vida, siemrpe ha estado en manos de los mismos. Estamso aunte una cuestion al menos complicada... La libertad de espresion es buena, pero los medios deverian ser controlados o al menos separados de los otros poderes para garantizar la objetividad.
Vanguard

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2006 - 04:39 Reply with quote Back to top

what ? -.-
Laviak

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2006 - 04:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Yay! I'm no longer the only person that voted "no" (I wonder if the other person is really serious Razz)

We'll stop our evil "free" press overlords yet!

MickeX

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2006 - 08:35 Reply with quote Back to top

tza wrote:

It is danish custom to deal with big and serious issues with a dash of humor to ease the dealings of the subject.

Ah, right, I get it - since a Dane made a non-racist picture about Jesus 30 years ago, the racist pictures published by the racist paper JP are really just for fun? And of course, this is why the Danish government is in on supressing freedom of the press in Iraq? For the fun of it! What a decisive blow to the points I made - it all seems so clear now. Razz
MickeX

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2006 - 08:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Funny cartoon:
http://www.ucomics.com/rallcom/2006/02/06/
tza

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2006 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

MickeX wrote:
tza wrote:

It is danish custom to deal with big and serious issues with a dash of humor to ease the dealings of the subject.

Ah, right, I get it - since a Dane made a non-racist picture about Jesus 30 years ago, the racist pictures published by the racist paper JP are really just for fun? And of course, this is why the Danish government is in on supressing freedom of the press in Iraq? For the fun of it! What a decisive blow to the points I made - it all seems so clear now. Razz

and they're racist excactly how? The only one who's expressising racist views here are you my friend, based on your expectations on how things 'probably are'. You have allready shown this time and time again in the longer and somewhat more serious thread about freedom of speech on this very same forum.

And yes, racism isn't only whites vs those of other colors, nationalities etc, it goes the other way as well Wink
tza

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2006 - 14:23 Reply with quote Back to top

but, to illustrate your point, try and reread my first reply on this thread and tell me where the word 'picture' came up;) Then perhaps you can explain your fundamentalist, racist views about this "picture of jesus" once again and I just might agree with you! Wink
tza

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2006 - 14:25 Reply with quote Back to top

MickeX wrote:
Funny cartoon:
http://www.ucomics.com/rallcom/2006/02/06/

And yep, that stuff *is* funny :p

But, how would you feel if this was the prophet Muhammed arguing with an Imam, Muhammed talking about peace to the imam trying to incite his congregation to violence and hatred?Smile
MickeX

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2006 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

tza wrote:
but, to illustrate your point, try and reread my first reply on this thread and tell me where the word 'picture' came up;) Then perhaps you can explain your fundamentalist, racist views about this "picture of jesus" once again and I just might agree with you! Wink

Yes! Everytime I read it, I see the errors in common historical thought!

In the 19th century, white people made funny cartoons about black people with big lips. But they were clearly not racist, because in 18th century U.S. thare was this guy who wrote a book making fun of people with large ears. The U.S. is a humorous nation, not a racist one.

In the 1930:ies, people in Sweden made funny cartoons about greedy jews with big noses. But were they racist? No! Already in the 1920:ies, someone made a movie in Sweden making fun of a priest. We have to see the context: Sweden is obviously a country where people like to make fun of the those ruling this world - not a racist country.

MickeX

PS. More funny pictures made by the West:
http://www.idleworm.com/arc/006/02feb.shtml#15
 Jump to: