15 coaches online • Server time: 02:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is freedom of the press a good idea?
Yes
86%
 86%  [ 84 ]
No
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Sometimes
10%
 10%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 97

Glomp

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2006 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

How have you not gotten tired of this yet?

The old racist cartoons mocked percieved racial features, traits and stereotypes of said RACE. These cartoons mock Islam.

P.s. a quote from Ghandi dosen't really go very well in a thread about how people have missed racist undertones since he really didn't like black people too greatly.

VV READ what I wrote moron.

[Edit: dear god, read what you wrote: ...any distinction, exclusion, restriction or preference based on race, colour, descent, or national or ethnic origin which has the purpose or effect of nullifying or impairing the recognition, enjoyment or exercise, on an equal footing, of human rights and fundamental freedoms in the political, economic, social, cultural or any other field of public life. ...any distinction, exclusion, restriction or preference based on race, colour, descent, or national or ethnic origin which has the purpose or effect of nullifying or impairing the recognition, enjoyment or exercise, on an equal footing, of human rights and fundamental freedoms in the political, economic, social, cultural or any other field of public life.

Aaaaaargh READ IT READ IT READ IT!]

No you utter fool, printing a picture of a 'big nosed jew' isn't racist unless you idenify jews as a race. Your arguments have been dismissed over and over again and you still can't make better ones!

Last edited by Glomp on %b %15, %2006 - %21:%Feb; edited 6 times in total
MickeX

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2006 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

OK, so you mean that a cartoon picturing a large nosed jew, with the message that judaism from the start has been a religion for greedy exploiters, is not a racist cartoon unless is explicitly mentions the word race?

wikipedia wrote:

The United Nations uses a definition of racist discrimination laid out in the International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination and adopted in 1966:

...any distinction, exclusion, restriction or preference based on race, colour, descent, or national or ethnic origin which has the purpose or effect of nullifying or impairing the recognition, enjoyment or exercise, on an equal footing, of human rights and fundamental freedoms in the political, economic, social, cultural or any other field of public life.
Adar

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2006 - 21:39 Reply with quote Back to top

MickeX wrote:
OK, so you mean that a cartoon picturing a large nosed jew, with the message that judaism from the start has been a religion for greedy exploiters, is not a racist cartoon unless is explicitly mentions the word race?

Now your racist for claiming the all jews got big noses...

And your example wasn't racist...

And your example was much worse than the Jyllandsposten pictures...

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2006 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I like Jeff Gordon, he is my favorite Nascar Racist. The Andretti's are pretty good racist in Indy car too.

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2006 - 22:22 Reply with quote Back to top

To be honest this is pointless, untill our politicians get their act together we will all be in fear of being classed as a racist. (not very rude word rhyming with Bell), i admit that printing a picture of a big-nosed jewish person is unacceptable in most circles, but just HOW far will we go. Soon printing a picture of a christian person with a cross around his neck will be classed as racist...
Meech

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2006 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe I am confused, but doesn't someone have to be referring to race in order to be racist? You can change religion, but not your race. When you have a prejudice against a religious group, wouldn't that be religious discrimination?

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2006 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Mezir, if I talk a whole lot about how dumb waffles are, will you lock this thread?

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2006 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity, if you can manage to get this thread locked, you'll have served your purpose in this world!

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2006 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

w00t!!! Where's Mr Mojo?????!?!?!?! MOJOMOJOMOJO!!!!! HTML this thing to the dark side of the moon!!!!

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2006 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Unfortunately, I'd have to start deleting the useless posts and block the offending users. So please don't.

Additionally, the on-topic people might want to stop calling each other morons or similar.

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2006 - 23:55 Reply with quote Back to top

we could take it off topic mac....

tell me about your day, what did you do? today i was on work experience. it was very boring. i was working with the technicians. i put together a computer. it worked. i had a smoked bacon and egg sandwich for my lunch today. it cost me £2.29 as i slept in this morning... if that is pointless, then so is this thread, the horse is flogged.... get over it Razz
Snappy_Dresser

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2006 - 00:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I think I myself might have beans and toast for lunch. I'm studying for an upcoming exam (haven't written one in years), and am ready to take a power drill to my left temple. Contempt for the internet idealogues posting here is the only thing keeping me going, so please Mr Mezir, don't lock my only hope Sad
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 14:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought I was called upon!

Haha, powers of darkness fear my mighty Mojo of Light(tm)!

Waza-wagh-wuuuz!

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I have not eaten yet, as I think my stomach is waiting to return anything I offer it at the moment.

I think I will wait until later and try the only thing my stomach never refuses, Baked bean and Salad Cream sandwiches!
ElGuappo

Post 6 Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

@Mac, Rob, Mojo, Sanppy can i ask a really dumb question please?

I can understand why you dont wanna partake in these kind of threads, i get that you may not be interested in discussing these sorts of things. I can understand that you dont wanna read these kind of threads, i get that too, you may find it pretty dull. What i dont really understand is why you dont wanna allow other people to discuss these matters here?

I'm not having a pop at you guys or anything, i myself dont really want to discuss these sorts of things on fumbbl either, but i could not give $%*! what others choose to discuss. I tend to prefer having arguments face to face as it cuts down on the insults. I guess I just want to understand why you guys do this.