35 coaches online • Server time: 18:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2003 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

i looked at the stunty division team list and noticed some new teams not in the LRB so i thought to myself "a new division with custom teams etc would be great where you could have teams from brettonia and araby, savage orcs and such like" new big guys could be introduced like:

GRIFFON: 4 7 1 10 Wild Animal, BIG GUY, Really Stupid, RSC, Frenzy, (No Hands) other skills???

i dont know how much he would cost but he certainly would be cool to have on an elf team or human/brettonian team to deal out some pain! Twisted Evil

high elves and amazon could also have a unicorn big guy:

Unicorn: 8 4 4 8, Big Guy, Sprint, Sure feet, Horns, No Hands.
i think he cost something like 150kgps but im not sure, i saw him online somewhere...

Snotling pump wagons and other bizarre contraptions could be added in this insane division to obtain the "insane factor" that bloodbowl has

i would love to see a night goblin team in this division as the could have 2 fanatics being the race of fanatics and they also have no hands squigs with rsc and frenzy but they behave like fanatics... its probably too much of a problem to code squigs in and ski has more pressing matters at the moment but in the future it would be cool to have.

this division could go two ways if it was implemented...

1) have serious suggestions for teams to make a sensible league which has teams based on thw GW world "brettonian, savage orc" etc

2)have an insane league where teams can be OTT or whatever (total pain or huge scoring matches or some better suggestions!). i leave it to the good folk of fumbbl to decide!

i saw a nice brettonian team online as well as araby and border princes etc from the link below so for convenience i will list the brett team here!
(not my site)

BRETTONIANS
Qty Title Cost MA ST AG AV Skills Updates
0-12 Men-at-arms 50,000 6 3 3 8 None G
0-2 Squires 70,000 6 3 3 8 Pass, sure hands GP
0-2 Knights of the realm 90,000 7 3 3 8 Nerves of steel, dodge GA
0-2 Grail knights 120,000 6 3 3 9 Block, leader, stand firm GS

Re-roll: 60,000

Starplayers

Sir Gaston du Tubalt
Grail Knight 140,000
7 4 4 9 Block, Leader, Stand Firm, Tackle, Strip Bal

Leon LaTreque
Knight of the Realm 130,000
8 3 4 8 Dodge, Nerves of steel, Catch

Jehan L'Anguille
Man-at-Arm 90,000
6 3 3 8 Guard, Pass Block, Strip Ball

(above taken from http://user.tninet.se/~bfb204o/bloodbow/stats/gen2uno.htm )

This is a good place to get cost formulae for new players... http://user.tninet.se/~bfb204o/bloodbow/misc/html/i_jj_cost.htm

This isnt a well constructed post and i apologise for that but feel free to discuss it here in this post and tell us if you dont like a certain aspect of it (new teams , big guys, star players
etc!)

The Irish fool Rolling Eyes
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2003 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

erm where did my poll go????

and could someone with power put it back if possible???

topics were:

Bring it on!

its ok but I have a better suggestion

i dont like fun... count me out or listen to my objection!
Aequitas

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2003 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it would be fun, but I doubt they'll add another division for it anytime soon. Afterall we just got 2 extra Open slots and the new Tournament slots. Great additions btw. Surprised

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2003 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Erm Griffon???
Unicorn????
imo these belong on the warhammer fantasy field, not on a bloodbowl pitch, The General opinion at fanatic/GW is to move back to a more cyber football Genre,
So no more Warhammer influence.
I'm all for new teams, Just so long as they dont have the scent of warhammer.

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2003 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Zy-Nox wrote:

imo these belong on the warhammer fantasy field, not on a bloodbowl pitch, The General opinion at fanatic/GW is to move back to a more cyber football Genre,

I am not the greatest as far as knowledge on BB fluff but I really like the fantasy setting of BB. I don't want them to goto a futuristic cyberball approach. Perhaps I am misconstruing what you mean by cyberball. But if by cyberball you mean something more akin to the Space Marine setting then I will be disappointed.
Zy-Nox

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2003 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Well maniac
It wont be 40k style ;p
it just wont have the influence of fantasy batlles
it will be a football game no armies no army list influence(at least minimal)
tbh i hate the fantasy setting, for this game.
bb was futuristic football that ended up following warhammer, now its being taken back to its roots.

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2003 - 00:04 Reply with quote Back to top

The feel of the blood bowl universe is still fantasy, but yet in some ways not. It's closer to futuristic fantasy, assuming magic existed and therefore takes the place of many things that technology would otherwise be used for. Like the Cabal of Broadcasting Sorcerers for example.

The Finishing Touch
Maniac0301

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2003 - 01:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I could live if it took kinda of a weird science / steam punk theme as long as they keep all the cool fantasy inspired races ie goblins, orcs, skaven. Just don't want to see laser rifle as a secret weapon or nothing silly like that.
Zy-Nox

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2003 - 02:03 Reply with quote Back to top

OOH Snipers
Good one Maniac ;p
doubt it though ...... Kick punch block is what its about
no more phoenix gays etc as andy put it.

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2003 - 08:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, brownrob, I was thinking along those lines too. Don't you dare bring that bloody unicorn back tho, it was utterly broken.

I've been wanting to get a pure skeleton team back for a while. I've tried playing an all-skel Khemri team but it's hard to get games as a lot of people are frightened of the four mummies I HAVEN'T GOT. Anyways....

SKELETONS

0-12 Skeletons 5/3/2/7 Regen 30k Gen
0-4 Blitzer 6/3/2/7 Block, Regen 80k Gen, Str
0-2 Thrower 5/2/3/7 Pass, Surehands, Regen 70k Gen, Pa
0-2 AWOL skels 5/2/3/7 Pro, Kick 50k Gen

Rerolls 70k No apoth, No big guys

I know, it's a modified Khemri team, but I've had enough of Khemri, and it gets away from that -ra rubbish.

By the way, the AWOL skels are escapees from Khemri/Undead teams, that's why they already have the skills that nobody gives to the REAL players in those teams.

Oh, obviously they're not overpowered, but anyone who disagrees can look at the record of my all-skel Khemri

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=10081

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2003 - 10:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Azurus - join Peasantbowl and you can play your all skeleton team AND get games ... I play zombies there Smile.

-Mnemon
Grumbledook

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2003 - 14:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I believe this was suggested already

personally i don't want to see it happen, if i had my way there would be no stunty division!
Zhluhur

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2003 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

ahhhhhhhh....

don't let Grumble get his hands on the stunty league! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2003 - 00:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Grumbledook wrote:

personally i don't want to see it happen, if i had my way there would be no stunty division!

That is because you are a grumpy drunk.
Chappy

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2003 - 01:22 Reply with quote Back to top

See I thold you. I'm not the only one who notices. Smile

Quote:

Grumbledook wrote:

That is because you are a grumpy drunk.
 Jump to: