43 coaches online • Server time: 17:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Dravaal

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 02:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Darkwolf wrote:
As before, Canadians are quiet learned about other races/cultures and are adept at many winter/summer sports. We are in a superior position to pass judgement and make value calls on other sports. Sort of like your mental, physical and moral superiors. But like those people in arab countries that think the stuff in the koran is truth, soccer fans cannot handle the truth about their sport.

You know, I have to think that he's joking, but I don't know Darkwolf very well, and from what I've seen he could just be serious. Tell it to me straight, is he serious?
Darkwolf

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 02:37 Reply with quote Back to top

praise allah fool!

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 03:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Stunke wrote:
whats there NOT to like about canada?

Celine Dion. Am still waiting for an official apology from the Canadian government concerning her. Wink
Snappy_Dresser

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 03:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Dravaal wrote:
Australia are Olympic Hockey champions, which incidentally isn't held at the winter Olympics. Funny that.

Dude, that's a girl's sport
Dravaal

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 05:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Snappy_Dresser wrote:
Dravaal wrote:
Australia are Olympic Hockey champions, which incidentally isn't held at the winter Olympics. Funny that.

Dude, that's a girl's sport

Only for small minded people like yourself
Snappy_Dresser

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 06:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I suppose it's fine for men to play GRASS hockey. And I'm open minded enough to accept it. Of course, I'm open-minded enough to accept men who dress as women, morris dancing, and wood elves.

I'm sure you looked great in that little sundress that grass hockey players wear. Shocked
Dravaal

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 06:17 Reply with quote Back to top

All I'm saying is that just because you regard it as a womens sport, doesn't mean that it is. More men play field Hockey than Ice Hockey, so, go figure.
lordchaos

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 06:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Unlike all the pansy sports out there (besides mixed martial arts) hockey is a sport with the best of all worlds. With the ability to pass then shoot a object into a net passed a goalie (just like soccer). The ability to crush someone with a huge devistating hit ( Just like american football or rugby...oh and remember kids...in hockey there is no "out of bounds" ) and the ability to beat the ever loving piss out someone and only get thrown into a box for 5 minutes(excluding Bertuzzi suspension) How can you not love the sport?

Last edited by lordchaos on %b %17, %2006 - %16:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
Pirrekurr

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 06:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
You're right, Nin...... women of winter sports are NEVER worth a second glance!!!

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Curling/2006/02/15/1444856-cp.html

Talking about women of curling. Some politician in Sweden accused curling of not being rock'n roll, and our olympic womens team tried to prove them wrong by doing a video with the swedish band Hammerfall.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4598147228689285645

Now on the matter of Hockey. Since we Swedes got our asses kicked by the russians in hockey with 5-0 yesterday and I actually lost all interest in hockey when we lost against Belarus last olympics I must say that I don't even care about hockey anymore. A game played by overpayed divas that don't even know what teamwork is anymore. I hope I will be proven wrong, but the truth is that I just don't care anymore. I am much more interested in the World Cup of football (some would call it soccer) this summer.
Ironik

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 11:51 Reply with quote Back to top

dear Tovarich Macavity
Shall we make an international commettee for the communist FumBBl players?
Very Happy
Comment. Sorry the colour of the stick and the ball melds it together, and in the far distance it was quite impossible to distinguish between stick and ball.
Sorry if I am blind.
(acid eh?)
Ironik

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 12:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Ironik wrote:
dear Tovarich Macavity
Shall we make an international commettee for the communist FumBBl players?
Very Happy
Comment. Sorry the colour of the stick and the ball melds it together, and in the far distance it was quite impossible to distinguish between stick and ball.
Sorry if I am blind.

If you watch long enough, you will even see soccer style dives in attempts to draw penalty's. The best come from european countries and of course- Claude Lemiuex. WHO???
HAve u ever seen a nice goal? A ballistic miracle like the one of Platini or Del Piero in the first years...
Oh btw I really liked a lot one goal you canadian scored, it was just three touch and goal, and even one from the finnish where the scorer was very angled.
But tastes are tastes and some goals were well amazing!

(acid eh?)
Webbe

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 12:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Pirrekurr wrote:

Now on the matter of Hockey. Since we Swedes got our asses kicked by the russians in hockey with 5-0 yesterday and I actually lost all interest in hockey when we lost against Belarus last olympics I must say that I don't even care about hockey anymore. A game played by overpayed divas that don't even know what teamwork is anymore. I hope I will be proven wrong, but the truth is that I just don't care anymore. I am much more interested in the World Cup of football (some would call it soccer) this summer.

And I bet 95% of the swedes agree with you. Everybody I know do at least.
Football>>Hockey
Stunke

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 14:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Celine Dion. Am still waiting for an official apology from the Canadian government concerning her.

OMG how could I forgot about her!

You're right though, Celine Dion makes it a bit easier to dislike Canada, Dan Aykroyd helps a lot though... he is such a nice young man.

Quote:
Ice Hockey is pretty cool too, probably because of the ice.

Bad pun alert, Bad pun alert, Bad pun alert, Bad pun alert, !!!!

Quote:
Now on the matter of Hockey. Since we Swedes got our asses kicked by the russians in hockey with 5-0 yesterday and I actually lost all interest in hockey

Too bad about you losing interest. I saw the game too, and the russians were having a really good day, and the swedes was just on an off day, so no surprise about the heavy loss.
The frustration, and bad passing play, just started to show too early, probably because you squashed the lasts team you played against, so if any of the players expected Russia to play as poorly as they did in their first game, it makes a lot of sense that sweden lost. I still cheered for you though, but little did it help

Think about it, I still watch icehockey and I'm from Denmark!
The danish league sucks so hard, that out of 9 teams playing in the danish hockeyleague, we have more than 70 foreigners.
Seriously, we need help from japans OWN players if we are to beat them, so danish hockey archivement are easily overlooked, still, its a great game. And who says you can only cheer for your own nation?

But maybe my attitude is like this because danes cant do shit for themselves. We even need to import africans if we want to win anything in athletics, so thank god for Wilson Kipketer... and Peter Hirsch! Wink
lordchaos

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 15:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Sweden lost cause of one thing.....NO MARCUS NASLUND! He's the best swede in hockey today and he didn't play cause of his commitment to a CANADIAN hockey team. Do the math. Even your best players love Canada more.
Just kiddin' around. That guy almost never played in the NHL again cause he wanted to go back home and raise his family in Sweden. He's a dedicated swede...it's just the Stanley Cup is more covetted than an Olympic medal.

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 15:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
Boo!! I hate hockey!!! Scratch that... I hate the NHL.... how can you care about a season with 50+ games per team???? It's not so bad in the olympics..... when is the rest of the world going to let their women start playing? Wink

You're just upset cause you don't have a team in winnipeg anymore. Your only chance at sports happiness is the Bluebombers! I'd be a bitter hockey fan too if I were you. Come to Vancouver where we have mountains, ocean and the best damn hockey team around!